disney decline sad to see

KBLovedDisney

and then they had changed the tiki room , how, well by reverting to the original dreadful 1971 show
...that's Walt Disney's original themed replica of the DL version...wow
tumblr_nqttigCB3n1s4p4ago3_r1_250.gif

Laketravis

You're right. I was just looking at when they announced it and the 9 and 4 and though 5 years. I take back what I said about NFL possible being worse. 15 years of hype and we get two restaurants, two rides a gift shop and a bathroom. That almost makes Avatarland look like it was speed built.

I had to do a double take anyway, wasn't sure if you meant actual (15) years or Disney (5) years. :)

ppete1975

Theres been bigger gaps.... I get they were distracted by epcot... and Hollywood studios but.... 1975-1992 you only added big thunder..

January 15, 1975 Space Mountain
January 15, 1975 Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress
July 1, 1975 Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover
September 23, 1980 Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
June 18, 1988 Walt Disney World Railroad Fantasyland Station
July 17, 1992 Splash Mountain
February 25, 1995 Astro Orbiter
October 1, 1996 The Barnstormer
October 7, 1998 Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin

https://touringplans.com/magic-kingdom/attractions/opening-dates

Zipadeelady

Well there was the all new indiana jones stunt spectacular no wait that was exactly the sam as the first time i saw it some 20yrs ago and then they had changed the tiki room , how, well by reverting to the original dreadful 1971 show
Welcome to the boards!. It's not always so testy on here. Most of the people giving you a hard time have complained about how Disney's not like it used to be back in the 70's or 80's or 90's, and that it's going down hill. Although I will say there has been more positive talk these past 6 months. I'm glad you love Disney and Universal. Never been to Sea World. I hope you'll stick around and not let some scare you off.

danyoung56

And I hear they want to charge extra fee for Star Wars land.

This was presented in an April Fool's joke on Miceage. It is not true, even a little bit!

And to saddisneyfan, I don't agree with you, although I'll defend to the death your right to state your opinion without ridicule. But you've simply gotta do better at your writing! Everything you've posted is all one long run-on sentence. You've got to use periods and capitals to let us know when to pause between thoughts. I'm sure it's just a writing style that you've developed over the years. But it's really tough to read, and your points might be taken more seriously if you framed them better with a bit of proper grammar.

Just my thoughts . . .

Raineman

I think you may well be wrong with that statement about the UK. It is a demographic thing. If you asked a bunch of mid-teens then they might well say Universal. If you asked younger kids they would probably choose Disney .
I think you're spot on when it comes to breaking it down demographically. Overall, though, just based on brand recognition and brand loyalty, if you asked a certain amount of random people in North & South America and Europe, which vacation destination they would rather visit, I bet Disney would always win over Universal.

njDizFan

It still remains beyond me how anybody can read this as saying 'nothing new in 35 years', the virtual opposite of the clearly intended 'this time, for the first time in 35 years, there was nothing new'.

Reading, it is a courtesy.
Well I did need a companion guide to read James Joyce's Ulysses...

Seriously though, I had to skim that section a couple of times to get the gist.

Minnesota disney fan

Here's the answer I always receive to a similar question..

"Because we love Disney so much that we are just expressing our disappointment over a place that can be better. But we don't go anymore. We don't want to go anymore.. But we continue to visit Disney Message boards daily."

..or something to that effect. ;)

Right, they shouldn't be allowed to say how they feel and express their opinion on a Discussion board, especially if it doesn't agree with someone else;)

The Empress Lilly

Theres been bigger gaps.... I get they were distracted by epcot... and Hollywood studios but.... 1975-1992 you only added big thunder..

January 15, 1975 Space Mountain
January 15, 1975 Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress
July 1, 1975 Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover
September 23, 1980 Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
June 18, 1988 Walt Disney World Railroad Fantasyland Station
July 17, 1992 Splash Mountain
February 25, 1995 Astro Orbiter
October 1, 1996 The Barnstormer
October 7, 1998 Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin

https://touringplans.com/magic-kingdom/attractions/opening-dates
And an entire land, Mickey's Birthday Land in 1988. Loved that. ^_^

More importantly, from 75 to 92 they build EPCOT, MGM, River Country, Typhoon, Pleasure Island, and, most importantly, the Empress Lilly. :inlove:

21stamps

This was presented in an April Fool's joke on Miceage. It is not true, even a little bit!

And to saddisneyfan, I don't agree with you, although I'll defend to the death your right to state your opinion without ridicule. But you've simply gotta do better at your writing! Everything you've posted is all one long run-on sentence. You've got to use periods and capitals to let us know when to pause between thoughts. I'm sure it's just a writing style that you've developed over the years. But it's really tough to read, and your points might be taken more seriously if you framed them better with a bit of proper grammar.

Just my thoughts . . .

I'm gonna go read some Voltaire now.. ;)

JimW

Premium Member
listen guys i get where the op is coming from i remember first going to disney in like 1986 and there really hasnt been anything added since then i mean think about river country where is river country they should have kept that its obvious that they dont care plus i asked my grandma about whether shed like to watch murder she wrote or matlock or go to disney and disney came in third behind matlock and murder she wrote so this is very sad

21stamps

listen guys i get where the op is coming from i remember first going to disney in like 1986 and there really hasnt been anything added since then i mean think about river country where is river country they should have kept that its obvious that they dont care plus i asked my grandma about whether shed like to watch murder she wrote or matlock or go to disney and disney came in third behind matlock and murder she wrote so this is very sad

I'm Assuming here - this is sarcasm. From writing style..to content.

Tom P.

My story has not changed at all it is you and others who have misconstrued my original post and assumed i do not love disney but anyone who believes that the parks are perfect and say they would not change a thing is crazy and i am sorry but here in the uk if you told your kids you were going to orlando but could only do one disney or universal the majority would currently choose universal and i personally put that down to a lack of investment by disney from 2000 till 2010
First off, may I recommend some punctuation? Perhaps even some capitalization. It would make your posts far easier to read.

Second, I do not recall anyone here saying that the parks are perfect and that they would not change a thing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom