disney decline sad to see

This whole thread is silly. So your niece and nephew didn't enjoy Disney as much as Universal, who cares? We all have different opinions about everything. I've personally gone back and forth over the years on whether I prefer Universal or Disney. I'm going in October with all 3 of my kids, a 15, 13 and 6 year old. We will be going to both Universal and Disney because they are both fun to us. We all like different things and are excited about different things, but it will all be fun and magical!

Captain Barbossa

As someone who has been visiting disney regularly since i was 10 and am now 45 most recently being there in november have to say im so sad that disney is fast becoming the second choice for many kids behind universal and this is only going to be heightened when volcano bay has disney rested on its laurels for too long
Yeah why go to WDW (4 theme parks, 2 water parks, over 20 resort hotels, and a shopping, dinning, and entertainment district) when you can go across i4 to universal (3 mediocre theme parks and 4 mediocre resort hotels)? Just makes sense.

AndrewsJ

As someone who has been visiting disney regularly since i was 10 and am now 45 most recently being there in november have to say im so sad that disney is fast becoming the second choice for many kids behind universal and this is only going to be heightened when volcano bay has disney rested on its laurels for too long
Boo boo. Put your big girl panties on man

I am Timmy

I guess it depends on the experience you're looking for. We go to Disney World because we love the movies, characters, and magic. We go to Universal because we love movies in general - a lot. We also love theme parks based on movies we love. We started taking our boys to Orlando when they were tiny - hitting Nasa, Discovery Cove, Seaworld, Aquatica (first year it opened), etc. and DW and Uni. Over time the others slowly dropped off the to do list. For the last seven years it's only been DW and Uni, and the boys are 24 and 21 now. It's all about what you love. We go other places, too, but we always go back. Are there disappointments (Osborne Lights?!)? Sure, but not enough to keep us away, because both parks still retain the general awesomeness we always find when we go. And restaurants....my kids love em', always have. So many reasons...... so little room.

Jeff456

I actually think Disney seem to be making an concerted effort now to widen the gap again between them and universal, as universal have been catching up fast. I love both but if I could only do one it would always be Wdw, as an experience as a whole it's on a level of it's own. Universal pushing Disney is good though as it should drive investment in both!

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes

Not to be too crass, but you have the option of going elsewhere than Orlando... why not take the kids to Las Vegas or Pattaya City in Thailand ? If its just amusement parks, Cedar Point has 17 roller coasters , Six Flags Magic Mountain has 18 so Universal cant hold a candle to either. If your children have such short attention spans that can only be engaged by screens, then Uni is made especially for them, but they need to unplug sometimes or just dump them into pink goo filled tanks like they did in the Matrix.

If its keeping up with the Jones's because everyone you know goes to Orlando on vacation, I have nothing for you..

There are other options to spend you money on, no one is holding a gun to your wallet.

Bandini

Yeah why go to WDW (4 theme parks, 2 water parks, over 20 resort hotels, and a shopping, dinning, and entertainment district) when you can go across i4 to universal (3 mediocre theme parks and 4 mediocre resort hotels)? Just makes sense.
I have to say that I think the Universal resorts are far from mediocre. We stayed at the Portofino and the room was a lot more luxurious than a Disney deluxe resort and about 1/2 the price.

rdifolco

I think Disney Parks and Universal are completely two different types of parks. Where there may be themed rides in Universal, Disney still has them beat in experience. I am going to be in Orlando on Monday and I am going back to Universal for two days then Disney. Not sure if I will even do both days at Universal, but I haven't been there in 19 years so I am giving it a shot. From what I have read its a 1-2 day run @ Universal. I could spend days @ Epcot, eating, drinking, learning and just enjoying the atmosphere.

I do Disney Yearly.

saddisneyfan1972

Original Poster
DO I HAVE TO PUT IT IN BIG LETTERS I LOVE DISNEY MY FAMILY LOVE DISNEY MY NIECE AND NEPHEW LOVE DISNEY i
we are already planning our next visit to either saratoga springs or old key west but will still go and see yeehah bob at port orleans his show is a hoot , i was merely pointing out that 2 new rides and a reimagining is not enough for 6 parks and its allowed other parks to catch up and in a teens eye takeover mk was still my 2nd favourite day this time and would have been number one had we not done discovery cove and ticked one off the bucket list

21stamps

DO I HAVE TO PUT IT IN BIG LETTERS I LOVE DISNEY MY FAMILY LOVE DISNEY MY NIECE AND NEPHEW LOVE DISNEY i
we are already planning our next visit to either saratoga springs or old key west but will still go and see yeehah bob at port orleans his show is a hoot , i was merely pointing out that 2 new rides and a reimagining is not enough for 6 parks and its allowed other parks to catch up and in a teens eye takeover mk was still my 2nd favourite day this time and would have been number one had we not done discovery cove and ticked one off the bucket list

I think a lot of teens feel the same way, and always have. Disney didn't allow "Universal to catch up and steal the teens". Universal has always been geared towards that age group. Not for every person, but for a lot us. And in a few more years...those teens will turn in to adults, and then when they have children- Disney will become their favorite again. :)

I don't know if you attend amusement parks regularly, but take your niece and nephew to one this summer. They'll probably love it.

Everyone here is all pumped about Pandora, I am too, but my kid is talking more about the new coaster that is opening at our park this weekend, as opposed to talking about Disney. It does not mean that he doesn't love Disney.. he just loves MORE than only Disney. I feel the same as he does.

I think Disney Parks and Universal are completely two different types of parks. Where there may be themed rides in Universal, Disney still has them beat in experience. I am going to be in Orlando on Monday and I am going back to Universal for two days then Disney. Not sure if I will even do both days at Universal, but I haven't been there in 19 years so I am giving it a shot. From what I have read its a 1-2 day run @ Universal. I could spend days @ Epcot, eating, drinking, learning and just enjoying the atmosphere.

I do Disney Yearly.

This is what I always say! The 2 parks are soooo different from each other!! You don't have to make a choice between one or the other, they each serve a different purpose. Each one great in what they do.

Last edited:

Kamikaze

CA

How many of this massive list are actually rides? Three one of which is only a re imagining and has a ridiculously long wait time 3hrs the day we were there as was mine trains . As for the sideshows great for me but a 12 yr old not so much. Oh and do you really rate the galaxy far far away show a meet and greet with the characters would be much better the star wars spectacular not on day wd went so cannot comment

You said nothing new had opened. Now everything new you have an excuse for.

The Star Wars stage show is horrendous, yes, but it is new.
And there were musicians and such I cut out of the list. Those are new as well.

If your teens want to ride big rides, Universal isn't the best place for that either. Go hit a coaster park like Cedar Point or Carolwinds. Heck, even your local Six Flags is going to have more thrill rides than both places. Yes, they are amusement parks, not theme parks, but if they just want bigger rides, it doesn't matter, right?

Kamikaze

They are truly back on their heels trying to catch up. I don't know if they can. It's going to take so long for Hollywood studios, Epcot, to get on line. And I hear they want to charge extra fee for Star Wars land. I think they have spread the corporate business so thin that they can't truly focus on the parks the way they used to and it shows.

They are not going to charge a separate fee for SWL. That was an April Fools joke.

They will almost definitely offer special ticket events at night for an extra fee, but that will not be required.

I actually think Disney seem to be making an concerted effort now to widen the gap again between them and universal, as universal have been catching up fast. I love both but if I could only do one it would always be Wdw, as an experience as a whole it's on a level of it's own. Universal pushing Disney is good though as it should drive investment in both!

If anything, the gap was already at its lowest when Potter2 opened. Universal's improvements since then have been lackluster (excluding Volcano Bay, we shall see how that goes) while Disney has been stepping up.

ppete1975

So you've changed your comments and story 3-5 times now on a thread you started, we bring up logic and the story changes. AND NOW YOU ARE USING CAPS!!!! I welcome you to the boards, I cant wait to see what value you can add. :)

KBLovedDisney

DO I HAVE TO PUT IT IN BIG LETTERS I LOVE DISNEY MY FAMILY LOVE DISNEY MY NIECE AND NEPHEW LOVE DISNEY
Kyle-Im-out.gif

saddisneyfan1972

Original Poster
So you've changed your comments and story 3-5 times now on a thread you started, we bring up logic and the story changes. AND NOW YOU ARE USING CAPS!!!! I welcome you to the boards, I cant wait to see what value you can add. :)
My story has not changed at all it is you and others who have misconstrued my original post and assumed i do not love disney but anyone who believes that the parks are perfect and say they would not change a thing is crazy and i am sorry but here in the uk if you told your kids you were going to orlando but could only do one disney or universal the majority would currently choose universal and i personally put that down to a lack of investment by disney from 2000 till 2010

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom