disney decline sad to see

21stamps

Im afraid i disagree of course its disneys fault if they choose to completely ignore a whole generation of people when planning their parks

It is physically impossible to have an intense thrill ride, one that would have a 52-54inch height requirement, that a 5 year old can go on.
If a 12 year old loves thrill rides more than family rides then that's the 12 year old's preference at the time.

Disney World is not, and never has been, about excluding a large amount of families.

L.C. Clench

I said the state of the parks - meaning upkeep and maintenance. Number of attractions does not factor in.
I would think state of the parks is a more global term meaning the parks as a whole.

In regards to upkeep and maintenance unless something drastic has happened since September I'm not sure I'd go that far. Buzz looks terrible especially when you go under the black lights. Chunks torn out the foam and paint chunks knocked out, lots of animatronics not working in Pooh and Splash, outside tables covered in trash and food waste, etc.

I know there is stuff on the horizon and there will be a big push to get things nice and fresh for the 50th but I don't think there is a marked difference in any area of the park for the last 15 years. Sure there are new things but closing outpaced openings and I'm not sure any of the openings have really been major movers. I know a couple are drawing crowds primarily due to the newness factor but I wonder how many people really see Frozen of Mine Trains as "must do" after riding them once.

saddisneyfan1972

Original Poster
It is physically impossible to have an intense thrill ride, one that would have a 52-54inch height requirement, that a 5 year old can go on.
If a 12 year old loves thrill rides more than family rides then that's the 12 year old's preference at the time.

Disney World is not, and never has been, about excluding a large amount of families.

But that just it , it is excluding families with teens why can it not cater for both it does this in anaheim with california and also the mk rides are also that little bit more exciting than orlando

21stamps

But that just it , it is excluding families with teens why can it not cater for both it does this in anaheim with california and also the mk rides are also that little bit more exciting than orlando
It is not excluding them. They CAN go on the rides.. some kids just happen to want more intense rides. That's personal preference.

A 5-6 year old can not choose to go on most IoA thrill coasters... they are physically excluded due to height.

21stamps

I said something along these lines in another thread-

If you want a park that actually caters to ALL ages- go to any Six Flags or Cedar Fair park.
They have everything from infant to extreme thrill. If you want a park that the entire family can enjoy together, go to Disney World.

We happen to love Cedar Fair and WDW.. for different reasons. :)

L.C. Clench

I don't think it excludes them. MK may not satisfy their thrill ride desire but there are very cool rides at other parks. I still think ToT may be my favorite ride I have ever ridden and Everest is right up there dancing Yeti of not.

Of course this mindset is also why Universal is running with the "I'm ready" campaign. There are more thrills there for the older kids but then the 5 yr old will be the one twiddling their thumbs so you have to pick your poison.

saddisneyfan1972

Original Poster
It is not excluding them. They CAN go on the rides.. some kids just happen to want more intense rides. That's personal preference.

A 5-6 year old can not choose to go on most IoA thrill coasters... they are physically excluded due to height.

I am not saying do away with any of the rides that are their for younger kids just add some for the teens aswell im sure you might feel differently when your kids are a bit older lol

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
This doesn't make a lot of sense, as pretty much every ride in DL is also at WDW. And WDW has AK, with many rides/shows that are not at DL at all. How and which rides that are at both resorts did you consider to be "more exciting" at DL?

21stamps

I am not saying do away with any of the rides that are their for younger kids just add some for the teens aswell im sure you might feel differently when your kids are a bit older lol
No. I will go to Universal, because I know my kid loves thrill rides. And I won't be mad at Disney when that happens.lol

If you add the teen rides- then you are becoming like every other amusement/theme park in America.. separating families longer. Wasn't that the whole point of Disneyland in the first place? A venue to enjoy a park together

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Mine have been going there for 20 years. Loved it when they were 5, 15, and now 25. Just loved different parts of it. Well, still love many parts of it that they loved back then as well.

21stamps

Wanted to add- I'm not trying to sound rude.. it's just that I never understand this argument. I've been going to Disney since an infant, and I went to Universal several, several years as well. In my teen years I still enjoyed WDW, but as I said- I enjoyed Uni more at that time.

I never expected Disney to build rides for me, and my parents never expected Disney to build rides for my thrill preference., we just viewed Disney as a place where the 5 of us could do pretty much everything as one group..even with my (very short) sister and myself being almost 8 years apart. Sure, there was years when she couldn't ride space mountain.. but my brother is 3 years younger than me.. so at least we could ride together. Universal and every other park in America is not like that.

The have "Kiddie Lands" which are completely boring for older kids .. and then they have the huge rollercoasters apart from that Kiddie section. I would hate to see Disney ever turn in to that.

Now all of the sudden everyone wants Disney to change to suit a "thrill fan" preference.

Why? You can still enjoy both. But recognize that it's your personal preference. Claiming Disney is wrong is a bit ridiculous.

saddisneyfan1972

Original Poster
Wanted to add- I'm not trying to sound rude.. it's just that I never understand this argument. I've been going to Disney since an infant, and I went to Universal several, several years as well. In my teen years I still enjoyed WDW, but as I said- I enjoyed Uni more at that time.

I never expected Disney to build rides for me, and my parents never expected Disney to build rides for my thrill preference., we just viewed Disney as a place where the 5 of us could do pretty much everything as one group..even with my (very short) sister and myself being almost 8 years apart. Sure, there was years when she couldn't ride space mountain.. but my brother is 3 years younger than me.. so at least we could ride together. Universal and every other park in America is not like that.

The have "Kiddie Lands" which are completely boring for older kids .. and then they have the huge rollercoasters apart from that Kiddie section. I would hate to see Disney ever turn in to that.

Now all of the sudden everyone wants Disney to change to suit a "thrill fan" preference.

Why? You can still enjoy both. But recognize that it's your personal preference. Claiming Disney is wrong is a bit ridiculous.

But they can strike a happy medium have you been to anaheim ,big thunder is a much better ride as is pirates of the carribean so my question is why can they not do it in orlando

njDizFan

Everybody has to admit that list of new additions is a little light. The main additions in the last 5 years has been the NFL and FoL both of which have received very mixed reviews.

If all holds true in the rumor department the next 5 years could be pretty incredible. I don't think this uptick in spending at WDW justifies the way TWDC used the MK as a cash machine for the past decade. Even though the draw for me is pretty strong (nostalgia) I have been talking with my wallet. I went last year for the first time in quite a while to see these new offerings and don't plan on returning until possibly the 50th.

I do disagree though that the parks are not fun for the teenage crowd, it really depends on your child. And there are parks that cater to the thrill seeker.

21stamps

But they can strike a happy medium have you been to anaheim ,big thunder is a much better ride as is pirates of the carribean so my question is why can they not do it in orlando
I have not been to Disneyland since I was a child. I don't remember much.

But ok, I'm confused, the 12 year old isn't unhappy about a lack of thrill rides, it's Disneyland versions vs WDW versions?

21stamps

Everybody has to admit that list of new additions is a little light. The main additions in the last 5 years has been the NFL and FoL both of which have received very mixed reviews.

If all holds true in the rumor department the next 5 years could be pretty incredible. I don't think this uptick in spending at WDW justifies the way TWDC used the MK as a cash machine for the past decade. Even though the draw for me is pretty strong (nostalgia) I have been talking with my wallet. I went last year for the first time in quite a while to see these new offerings and don't plan on returning until possibly the 50th.

I do disagree though that the parks are not fun for the teenage crowd, it really depends on your child. And there are parks that cater to the thrill seeker.

I'm in the minority here.. but in real life- myself and all of my friend's with elementary school boys, all love Hollywood Studios more than ever as of 2016. 2016 was the first time that I wished I had more than one day at that park.

KBLovedDisney

Kids not liking park...park not changing...park vs park....um...
Tvt6JH6.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom