Disney cutting back summer hours?

radiohost

Original Poster
The sense from guests we talked too today was in a word, "unacceptable". The place was packed today and easily could have stayed for another two hours. Started the day at rope drop and left many attractions having not rode on.

HairyChest

We are late risers and like to hit mk at night but these hours have made it very difficult to enjoy some downtime between parks at our deluxe (and deluxe priced) hotel and use our parkhoppers to make it to the park. We didnt have this issue prior years. Its the reason i have yet to book a holiday trip this year, between mk closing at 6 on mickeys vmc party nights and the other nights showing closings at 9 (possibly extended to 10) with crowds on non party nights that i am sure will be pretty high. Very dissapointing.

IMFearless

That is true that they have done it that way in the past; however, they created FP+ and they are going to have to change the way they do business. FP+ makes it necessary to know schedules farther out. We didn't ask for their new system, so forgive me if I don' t have any sympathy for Disney's predicament.

I think Disney see things the other way round. FP+ gives them the data they need 60 days out to plan their operations to provide adequate staffing, operating hours and ancillary services to maximise profits from the expected attendance.

radiohost

Original Poster
Well, they lost profits from us because we didn't even get a chance to do our traditional shop on Main Street after the park closed and the heard of crowds were heading towards the busses. I know that's by choice but still it felt we were being swept out.

drizgirl

Regardless, we all seem to agree Disney should follow its own schedule.

I personally wouldn't mind if they reverted to ADRs at 90 days out like several years back and FP at 60 for resort guests AND AP holders. Why not extend the courtesy of advanced-booking to ALL of your most valued guests? Resort guests would still be getting the +10 benefit but AP holders would finally be treated better than guests staying at the Days Inn.
WDW is first and foremost in the business of filling hotel rooms. If you want to be treated better as an AP holder, you need to move to Anaheim. ;)

drizgirl

For now. I'm sure they view APs as a nuisance but have no choice but to go along with it because there's so many of them out there.
No doubt. It would be fascinating to see the breakdown of AP vs. out of town travelers in each resort. I imagine it's vastly different and drives a lot of decisions in what they do (and what they can get away with).

Kman101

No doubt. It would be fascinating to see the breakdown of AP vs. out of town travelers in each resort. I imagine it's vastly different and drives a lot of decisions in what they do (and what they can get away with).

Agreed. I'd like to see the breakdown as well.

MinnieWaffles

I am annoyed they reduced the hours at Epcot on July 4th. Last year they were open until 10:00pm with RoE performing also at 10:00. Its why I was able to see both Celebrate America and Heartbeat of Freedom on the same night. Not this year :mad: #localproblems

Poor, poor you!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom