Disney cutting back summer hours?

radiohost

Original Poster
I just saw that the hours for July were out. Both July 3rd and July 4th it show MK only being open until 12am with no EMH. I was for sure with EMH MK would be open until 2:00am? The other days seem normal hours without late night EMH?

radiohost

Original Poster
Per the calendar on wdwmagic, operating hours last year for MK on July 3rd were 9AM-1AM regular operating hours, 1AM-3AM EMH.

I guess it's where our family plans our days around the parks according to EMH, which is important today with magic band reservations to make.

ABQ

Per the calendar on wdwmagic, operating hours last year for MK on July 3rd were 9AM-1AM regular operating hours, 1AM-3AM EMH.

I guess it's where our family plans our days around the parks according to EMH, which is important today with magic band reservations to make.
Your point is not without merit in terms of planning, but would you really be reserving FP's and the like for 1 AM?

Rteetz

You also have to remember Pandora is the focus this Summer. They have AK operating from 8AM-11PM plus EMH from 11PM-1AM.

radiohost

Original Poster
Your point is not without merit in terms of planning, but would you really be reserving FP's and the like for 1 AM?

Not at all.

We plan to be in a park on days when there is a morning or evening EMH. We have never scheduled or even attempted fast passes during EMH, just running from one attraction to another and close down a land around 2:00am walking on everything lol.

SteamboatJoe

I wouldn't worry. I just checked the hours for my next trip and was pleasantly surprised to see that Magic Kingdom's hours had been extended every day I plan to be there. Studios and AK were also extended a half hour each day but I assume that was done to accommodate their nighttime entertainment.

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

Can we just take a step back and realize how crazy it is that it even stays open until 3am? I mean, bars don't even stay open that late.
And yet 10 pm in summer is unusual for MK. This behavior of announcing draconianly cut hours in advance and then extending last minute is absurd when we must plan 180+10 and 60+10 days out. Fireworks schedules are the worst offenders.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
And yet 10 pm in summer is unusual for MK. This behavior of announcing draconianly cut hours in advance and then extending last minute is absurd when we must plan 180+10 and 60+10 days out. Fireworks schedules are the worst offenders.
OK, while I agree that 10pm is unusual, I do not see "draconian" as a proper adjective. Oh, and you know darn well that there are very few restaurants that require 180 day ADRs, and even fewer FP+ that have to be made at 60. Myth, myth, myth. The fireworks have always been scheduled at 9pm, even when the park is open until 1am - so what the heck are you even talking about? Oh, and I also thought you were local???

rob0519

So people state that Disney needs to do more to spread crowds around to other parks at night, and when they do, people still complain. Is there nothing that Disney can do right?

They're really good at cutting costs and maximizing profits at the expense of the customer experience. Oh wait, that's only right if you're a shareholder that doesn't go to the parks.

BLY

I am hoping they do extend the August hours, due to the heat we usually do more evenings than daytime in MK - after the possibly regular late afternoon 'shower', 10pm does seem a little early. I know Disney is now busy most of the year but we always felt that the downside of the summer heat & the crazy school holiday crowds, was offset by nice long park hours when we go in the summer.

Last edited:

roj2323

You're not crazy. I've seen park hours being consistently shorter than normal for several months now. The only park to really get longer hours than in previous years is DAK and that's for very understandable reasons of the new night time entertainment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom