Disney cruising...it's an addiction!

Lunamis

My husband was not a huge WDW/Disney fan before this past trip. We went in 2009 (our 1st time together) but it was hot and he ended up being sick the whole time so it was sort of a wash trip.

When we were on the bus TO the port from AKL this past month he said "I'm already sad about leaving..." I had to hide it but my jaw DROPPED. That's the kind of stuff I think/say and I'm a hardcore Parks nerd! We booked a 3 day cruise next year in conjunction with a few park days for Food & Wine while on the ship. He's already talking about timing the flights to maximize our trip time, etc. This is a guy who kind of balked at my parents and I for getting up at 3:30 in the morning to catch 6A.M flights to Orlando to squeeze another full day out of a trip and now he's planning like that without my input at all! I told my parents he's officially converted ;)

Disneyfalcon

My husband was not a huge WDW/Disney fan before this past trip. We went in 2009 (our 1st time together) but it was hot and he ended up being sick the whole time so it was sort of a wash trip.

When we were on the bus TO the port from AKL this past month he said "I'm already sad about leaving..." I had to hide it but my jaw DROPPED. That's the kind of stuff I think/say and I'm a hardcore Parks nerd! We booked a 3 day cruise next year in conjunction with a few park days for Food & Wine while on the ship. He's already talking about timing the flights to maximize our trip time, etc. This is a guy who kind of balked at my parents and I for getting up at 3:30 in the morning to catch 6A.M flights to Orlando to squeeze another full day out of a trip and now he's planning like that without my input at all! I told my parents he's officially converted ;)

Yay! Love it when someone converts! :)

OwensFab5

It is an addiction...Just got off the Dream end of September. We had a great time. My husband gets motion sickness (Very Bad) but on the cruise everything was great he felt it but no nausea. He loved it so much we have a trip planned for Nov 2013 and as soon as 2014 comes out we will be doing a 7 night for our 20th anniversary.

We are DVC members and he has now figured out that when we do our little extended weekend getaway without the children (once a year) we can do a 3 or 4 night cruise with our points and still have points to take the children to Disney. He is crazy with it now.

Oh and BTW everyday he asks if the 2014 schedule is out yet!

wiigirl

I want to sail on all 4 ships :(

Excellent goal! :)
75.gif

Predsfan75

It is an addiction! We went on the Fantasy earlier this month, booked a bounce back offer for next October, and still freaked out when I saw the discount on the Dream sailings that were posted online this am. Trying to make it work!

RickEff

I really wish Disney upgraded you in their loyalty program based on the number of days at sea as opposed to the number of cruises. We only do 7-day cruises based on the cost of flights, etc. and so far have done 4. That's 28 days at sea - we're still Silver Castaway members. Folks that have done 5 3-day cruises (15 days at sea) are already gold. Such is life though!

[Edit: spelling]

Disneyfalcon

I really wish Disney upgraded you in their loyalty program based on the number of days at sea as opposed to the number of cruises. We only do 7-day cruises based on the cost of flights, etc. and so far have done 4. That's 28 days at sea - we're still Silver Castaway members. Folks that have done 5 3-day cruises (15 days at sea) are alreaday gold. Such is life though!

I wouldn't have a problem with that. I'd come out better that way too. :)

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
I'm gonna be the schmuck who takes advantage of the number of cruises completed vs. the number of days. I've got 3 sailings done for a total of 11 days. :confused: That's terrible. I know. :p

I am itching to experience the longer voyages. I hear it's more laid back because you're not so rushed to do everything. THAT is something I'll be looking forward to!

Disneyfalcon

I'm gonna be the schmuck who takes advantage of the number of cruises completed vs. the number of days. I've got 3 sailings done for a total of 11 days. :confused: That's terrible. I know. :p

I am itching to experience the longer voyages. I hear it's more laid back because you're not so rushed to do everything. THAT is something I'll be looking forward to!

It is so true. The 11 nighter was glorious. Even with crazy port intensive days, I still felt like we had time to do everything AND relax.

ChuckElias

It is so true. The 11 nighter was glorious. Even with crazy port intensive days, I still felt like we had time to do everything AND relax.
I'll second this. The Med and Baltic cruises were SO busy with port excursions, but it was amazing to be on board for an extended number of days.

iloverags2

My mom was a total anti-Disney freak. No kidding. We never went as kids, and when my sisters and I chose to go to Disney as adults, she just could not fathom that concept. Fast forward to 2003 and my then 4-year-old niece's visit to WDW. We stayed at Wilderness Lodge, Christmastime no less...and my mom fell in love!

Then in 2009 I wanted to do a mommy/daughter trip with my mom and suggested a 3-night cruise on the Wonder. Well, this was much different than WDW, and mom was not looking forward to this trip (unbeknownst to me! LOL). Again, what happened? She fell in love! To this day she raves about that cruise, and no matter what ship she sails on these days, she compares it to that Wonder cruise and none quite ever stack up to it.

Getting back on topic, DCL is a total addiction for me! I come up with every excuse imaginable to book another one!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom