Disney Cruise??

Mickey&Minnie

I am really wanting to go on a Disney cruise. I have looked into it and man is it expensive!! I am wondering if any of you have done the cruise and what enjoyale experiences have you had. We have never done a cruise. We go to Disney every year. Is it worth breaking tradition? What package do you recommend: 3 day, 4 day, 7 day, or break it up between park and cruie?
I am looking for any suggestions you have.

wdwmomof3

I am really wanting to go on a Disney cruise. I have looked into it and man is it expensive!! I am wondering if any of you have done the cruise and what enjoyale experiences have you had. We have never done a cruise. We go to Disney every year. Is it worth breaking tradition? What package do you recommend: 3 day, 4 day, 7 day, or break it up between park and cruie?

I am glad that you are asking this because I am wondering the same thing. We want to go back to Disney one more time before we do the cruise. I have five in my family so the cruise is really high for us because of the suite. It looks like so much fun though.

I am thinking of doing the parks for 4 days & the cruise for three.

Upvote 0

mprewitt

We are doing our first Disney Cruise next April. It is a 4-night Bahamian.

We picked up a copy of the PassPorter guide to DCL (5th edition). It gives all the info you need to plan and book your Disney cruise. I highly recommend it!

Upvote 0

SallyShine

DCL is fantastic. It is, however, very expensive. We took a Royal Car. cruise for spring break and it was about 1/3 the cost of a Disney Cruise. But, I don't think you could begin to compare the two. If you can swing it financially, absolutely go. If you go for less than a week, you'll kick yourself for not staying longer. The food and entertainment are great. The kids programs are out of this world. I would like to try the cruise that stops at Castaway Cay two times. That is by far the highlight of the trip. Have fun!

Upvote 0

Mickey&Minnie

Original Poster
I am glad that you said that I will enjoy it and will not want to stay any less than seven days. I was afraid that if we did the three or four, it wouldn't be enough. I looked at the programs they offer for the longr stays and it looked so mush fun.
More suggestions are appreciated....thank you for all of the replies so far.

Upvote 0

Disneyfalcon

Haven't done an abd, but we LOVED our Disney cruise. If someone told me right now they'd pay for me to go on a Disney cruise or a week at the world - I'd pick a cruise!!:eek:

Now I certainly won't stop going to DW but we had so much fun on our cruise! If you can only swing a 3 or 4 day, do it. But a 7 day is preferred. The shorter ones would feel to rushed and you wouldn't have time to experience everything.

I also highly recommend the passporter.:)

Upvote 0

pinkrose

It all depends on your budget, but if you can swing it, I'd either do a 7 day cruise or a land/sea package.

The 3 and 4 day cruises are nice too. My best friend LOVES them!

Oh, and add me on as another Passporter fan!

Upvote 0

dixiegirl

We are doing our first Disney Cruise next April. It is a 4-night Bahamian.

We picked up a copy of the PassPorter guide to DCL (5th edition). It gives all the info you need to plan and book your Disney cruise. I highly recommend it!

Hay mprewitt,
we are also going on the 4 day bahamian cruise next april on the disney wonder , april 13...same as you ?..We are also going back home disney world for the rest of the week till monday to stay at our dvc.....WE had gone back and forth wether to do royal ,carnival....disney was like ,everyone said very exspensive....but one after having a great bought of just not being able to fall back asleepone nite. I stated reading our various disney travel books..Well needless to say, after reading more and more about it I said to hell onw way or another we are going on a disney cruise..We just bit the bullet...And the more and more WE either read or see about it...It looks so unbelievable!!!
Oh and the passporter book, awesome!!!!!

Upvote 0

goofysgirl80

My best friend & I are doing both a Disney Cruise & a Disney World trip. Now, many people would say do Land/Sea combo but it would be less expensive to book a cruise and land trip separantly, because you need to stay at a Disney hotel that is on the same category as the stateroom. You could pull both if you budget your money. Good luck and have fun!! God bless

Upvote 0

Willful

We did the Land/Sea package back in 2001. (This was actually our first introduction to the Disney Magic.) We only wanted 3 days on the ship, because my wife wasn't sure if she'd like it. Once on board, she realized how much fun Disney cruises can be and wanted to stay longer. We realized that 7 days is what we're going for next time. 3 days is waaaay too short. We missed on board shows and stuff because there wasn't time. But everything on the ship is amazing! I've been on other cruise lines....and while they might be cheaper...nothing is as fun and magical as a Disney cruise. Okay, that sounded like an advertisement. :ROFLOL:But ya'know what I mean!

So to Mickey&Minnie. As always do what you can afford. But I'd suggest 7 days (or at least 4 days). If you do the parks before, go easy at the parks, so you don't tire yourself out for the cruise. We didn't do this for our Land/Sea vacation and slept for several hours on the ship during 1 afternoon at sea.

Upvote 0

Mickey&Minnie

Original Poster
thank you everyone for your advise. We are going to spring for the 7 day cruise next year. I am very excited. So after September I have another trip to start planning.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Willful

Congrats on the 7-day cruise! Keep us informed of how goes the planning.

Or at least let me know! ;) Because we're looking to go on a cruise next year and it's a been too long since I planned a cruise.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom