Disney Cruise FAQ's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Thanks for the info. I asked DCL when specifically the time would change, and they responded by saying that all posted port times are in local time and the Navigator would mention the changes.

One more crazy detailed question: how do you connect to the internet on board with your laptop? One of my sons plans to bring his laptop, and I want to make sure he DOESN'T connect to the internet with how quickly the charges would accumulate.

It's not terribly easy. Not something you can do accidentally. You have to create an account with your stateroom number and a password. :)

GenerationX

It's not terribly easy. Not something you can do accidentally. You have to create an account with your stateroom number and a password. :)
Good to know. Is there any way to prevent it entirely? I'd rather the temptation not even be there. I'm removing the SIM cards from their phones for the same reason.

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Heya, I just paid off my cruise and I am in room 6552 for the Dream. Any thoughts?

From what I'm reading, some people said the bass on some movies in the theater below can be loud, but not too bothersome. Otherwise a great location. :)

aw14

We just got back from WDW on 1/2 and am already planning our first DCL. Just researching for Nov.13 and it seems there is a 4 night out of Miami on the Magic. Any thoughts on that ship?

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
We just got back from WDW on 1/2 and am already planning our first DCL. Just researching for Nov.13 and it seems there is a 4 night out of Miami on the Magic. Any thoughts on that ship?

I love the Magic. We just got off her in September and will be back on her this summer. But I love all 4 ships. :) The newer ships have a few more activities and space, but the classic ships are great. Wonderful vacations. :)

TDF

Only plus I can see on the Dream and Fantasy besides them being bigger is the AquaDuck for the kids. They will leave you alone… I’m 18 so I plan on doing that anyway.
- Justin

aw14

I love the Magic. We just got off her in September and will be back on her this summer. But I love all 4 ships. :) The newer ships have a few more activities and space, but the classic ships are great. Wonderful vacations. :)
thank you for the heads up. Already putting some extra $ away to get this going :)

GloryDays

I can't believe I just found this page, it's such a wealth of knowledge. I have a few questions for my trip on Monday via the Disney Wonder; it's a five day cruise stopping in Grand Cayman and Cozumel. Can you please tell me the itinerary-when is formal day, pirate day, what movies are likely to be shown (my kids really want to see Wreck It Ralph again), etc. Also, we are a large group, one adult is traveling with a passport and the rest, including children, are traveling with their birth certificate and/or license, what do we need to bring as id when we get off of the boat? We will be in room room 6047, do you know anything about this location? If we pay the gratuities of $12/person upfront do we still tip everyone, like waiters and housekeeping or is that included in the gratuity fee? I've read a lot about Mexico and its pretty scary, how safe is the location that we will be docking at? The weather at both of our stopping points is in the low 80s, is that like summer 80s or going into fall 80s? I want to make sure we packed the right clothes for the trip. Last but not least, are autograph books sold on the boat so the kids can get character autographs?

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
How exciting GloryDays!
You won't have a formal night, just a semi-formal night on night 2. Pirate night is night 3. Recent movies playing are Lincoln, Avengers, Wreck-it Ralph and Monsters Inc. You can call and get a more up to date list. Wreck-it Ralph will almost certainly be playing.
Bring your Id's and Key to the World Cards when you disembark.
6047 is in a good location. Deck 6 is convenient to a lot. You're right above the kids club, but they never cause that much noise.
The $12 gratuities included your three dining servers and your room steward. You would still want to tip room service and bag porters.
Grand Cayman and Cozumel are very safe right now.
I would say summer 80's? The water may be cool, but the weather will feel great.
Yes, they sell autograph books!
Have fun! :)

Thinking of going on a three day Bahama cruise leaving on May 30th or a 4 day leaving on June 2nd. Our family has never been on a cruise, and I feel completely lost! We go to Disney World all the time, and I love having my planning time. Should I forget about a cruise this summer and plan for next year, so I can figure out what's going on, or should I just roll with it? Is it too late to get a good room and dining? When do I book excursions?

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Thinking of going on a three day Bahama cruise leaving on May 30th or a 4 day leaving on June 2nd. Our family has never been on a cruise, and I feel completely lost! We go to Disney World all the time, and I love having my planning time. Should I forget about a cruise this summer and plan for next year, so I can figure out what's going on, or should I just roll with it? Is it too late to get a good room and dining? When do I book excursions?

Roll with it! It doesn't take much time to plan! I know it's intimidating the first time, but it's easy! It's not too late to get a good room. Main dining may be full, but you can get on a waiting list and that often works. You won't book excursions until 75 days before you leave, so you've still got plenty of time!

TDF

I just thought of a question that has probably been asked but I can’t seem to find. In Castaway Cay are the shops open or are they closed?
- Justin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom