Disney confirms 'Frozen' makeover coming to Epcot's Norway Pavilion

lazyboy97o

Frozen in the Norway Pavilion is not at all similar to Aladdin in the Morocco Pavilion. The story of Aladdin comes from Islamic culture, which is supposed to take precedence over political, ethnic, etc. distinctions. Morocco is an Islamic state. Without the Disney film, one looking to illustrate a story for the pavilion could still come across the tale of Aladdin for Morocco, but they'd never find Anna and Elsa for Norway or Scandinavia.

spacemt354

Chili's
To be honest I don't really think the WS has an educational value whatsoever, so...
Here we go again....
54713009.jpg

lazyboy97o

Education does not have to be a boring lecture. Education can be entertaining. Education is most effective when it is entertaining. Education can engage young children. Education can engage adults. Education can engage young children and adults at the same time. Education can even encourage tourism. Education can coexist with other purposes.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
yeah, it happens everytime someone new, enters the forum and starts claiming how good frozen will be at norway.
Frozen will be good at Norway. Here are the reasons.

1) Norway is cold. Frozen is cold until the ice lady learns to control her powers through love.
2) Norway people eat fish. Frozen people eat animated fish.
3) Oslo is in Norway. Oslo is also in Frozen.
4) Norway is in World Showcase. Frozen will go in World Showcase.
5) Frozen names are easier to spell than Norwegian names.
6) A sequel to Frozen can be made featuring Vikings and trolls which are native to Norway.
7) Both Frozenland and Norway contain moss.

The list goes on and on, but if this doesn't convince people nothing will.

Texas84

Okay I think you are comparing apples to oranges as well. No, you would NOT change Reflections of China to Reflections of Vietnam. However, I don't think having a character M&G of say Mulan in any Asian descent world that was available rates that type of radical change. Again, my opinion.

The Japanese people would not be happy with a Chinese character in their pavilion. The Asians don't like being lumped together.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
George's list is spot on.

I think my favorite ("real") reasoning is "it's for the CHILDREN!" which clearly negates the fact that it's not thematically appropriate. "But my children will love it". Doesn't make it right to put it there.
Another thing I dont understand are the people who claim their family does not enjoy Epcot and this ride will 'draw' more families and make Epcot fun. How is one short dark ride going to make the ENTIRE park more fun their family? If Epcot is boring to them now, it will still be just as boring after they leave Norway/Arrendelle pavilion. So can we expect all these families that will be drawn in will just ride the Frozen ride, maybe do the M&G then leave the park?

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Yes and it is not even a matter of liking it or not. It would be the same as lumping all the Europeans together or all South Americans together. Just does not make any sense. The comment was just a terrible reference/example.....

But along the lines of the extremely vague Norway/Frozen connections that people make, you could go with the fact that they speak English in Mulan. So technically...technically, you could put her in America OR England pavilion and it works. And it would help tourism!....right?

Kman101

Another thing I dont understand are the people who claim their family does not enjoy Epcot and this ride will 'draw' more families and make Epcot fun. How is one short dark ride going to make the ENTIRE park more fun their family? If Epcot is boring to them now, it will still be just as boring after they leave Norway/Arrendelle pavilion. So can we expect all these families that will be drawn in will just ride the Frozen ride, maybe do the M&G then leave the park?

Well said. Exactly. ONE ride makes the park more family friendly and interesting? Come on. LOL

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I think you're underestimating the power Frozen has on little kids and weak willed parents.

No one is doubting that. Are you saying that the power of Frozen will spark a surge of interest in the other areas of the park that dont have Frozen and the families who avoided said areas in the past because they were boring will now visit and explore?

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I guess I must be. But honestly, how does ONE ride make the entire park more family friendly and interesting? If they don't find it entertaining or fun, then they still aren't, Frozen or not.

That argument it does will never hold water with me. Sorry.
Also consider that the lines for the ride and M&G will no doubt be insanely long. After spending 2 + hours in that small pavilion and being bombarded non-stop with Frozen songs, I would imagine most parents will be heading back to their room for an aspirin and a nap. lol

Kman101

Also consider that the lines for the ride and M&G will no doubt be insanely long. After spending 2 + hours in that small pavilion and being bombarded non-stop with Frozen songs, I would imagine most parents will be heading back to their room for an aspirin and a nap. lol

I'm already shaking my head at seeing the insane lines and wait times. Of course TDO will call it a massive success and continue to believe Epcot doesn't need anymore help than that. That's what worries me. I know many around here like to say Epcot doesn't need as much help as the other parks, but yes, it does. I understand from a financial/attendance standpoint, no it probably doesn't, but that doesn't excuse an awful color scheme in Future World, empty buildings, outdated rides and pavilions, lackluster overlays to several rides and pavilions ...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom