Disney confirms 'Frozen' makeover coming to Epcot's Norway Pavilion

AEfx

Now.. if Frozen was actually set in norway in a real place and the story was really part of the culture...

People would still be having a fit over characters being introduced into WS period...

(...and the character bus from the 80's and the meet and greets and character meals and Donald in Mexico don't count, either!)

H2O_Mouse-Ears

I think that is going to happen whether we want it or not.... I also think it will work in Disney's favor, that is, people will flock to Epcot for this attraction, and probably prompt them to do more stuff like this to Epcot. So yea, it is a depressing time for anyone who loved what EPCOT Center used to be. Tragic.
Tragic, indeed. Which is at the heart of the reason for lamenting this ride, which is the reason for the pushback against people promoting this here. Most people are not trying to be demeaning or offensive to anyone. People feel there is no reason to have an MK Fantasyland 2.0, which I agree with. Maintain diversity!

Phicinfan

Highly unlikely. Frozen is going to have a big impact on the pavilion today. Basically shunning anything to do with the actual country, and that's sad.
I guess this will fall into a have to see kind of thing.

Nope the correct answer is "None of the above"

And actually, it's really not worth anyone's time anymore. You're not going to see any other perspective and neither am I.
I don't see how I don't see your perspective, I understand where you are coming from, I just don't agree with it. But yeah, I don't see my mind changing either.

Cesar R M

People would still be having a fit over characters being introduced into WS period...

(...and the character bus from the 80's and the meet and greets and character meals and Donald in Mexico don't count, either!)
maybe if they werent as intrusive as they plan.
invasive as in Akershus's for example. or Frozen plans as they are right now.

ctxak98

Sigh, we can agree to disagree. Again, if they restaged all of Norway to Arendelle I agree. But if it is an enhancement to do some kind of tie in....then I don't see the harm.
replace Norway with Arendelle would be the worst things ever. Seriously. They are already ruining a once awesome attraction that just needed a facelift to shine again. Instead they are placing frozen on the same track that once was a short daring voyage through norways history and folklore.....I guess we will agree to disagree

ctxak98

I think we all can agree that MK is probably the most logical home for a Frozen ride. That said, would you really want another big, attention grabbing ride in that park? It already is far and away the busiest park and really needs no more crowd drawing attractions.

Considering that they already have alternate big plans for DHS and DAK is a mismatch, I can see why they chose Epcot, even if it is an awkward fit. Plus, they already had an exhibit in the Stave Church building that showed how the culture of Norway influenced the making of the movie.

We'll have to wait and see if the ride will be a straight Frozen re-telling a la The Little Mermaid Ride, or something that ties Frozen to Norway in some way. Probably the former, but you never know.
Actually I still think there's not enough at MK based on the crowd levels whenever I'm there. It would be the perfect attraction to spread some people out and make Fantasyland more balanced. However I could see it going in DHS. Epcot is just not the right place. A Meet and Greet that's fine, but when every attraction at the World Showcase is about that country and its beauty in nature, architecture, landscape, culture, and history, throwing in frozen at Norway( if done the way I think, which I hope I'm proved wrong!) is sort of a slap in the face to that country.

Plus I just think Disney is being cheap in this instance. It was a ride that needed love, so they are marketing it to be something bigger than its going to be featuring Frozen characters and story line. IT was the easy option. Frozen does deserve an attraction but not there. They already ruined the living seas with Nemo and I love the movie finding Nemo.

The more I think about it Epcot really needs to go back to its old vision, or soon every park will be a monotone note. All about pixie dust and kiddie rides. Not hating on kid rides but I want the parks to feel diverse and unique. Just my opinion of course!

DC0703

The more I think about it Epcot really needs to go back to its old vision, or soon every park will be a monotone note. All about pixie dust and kiddie rides. Not hating on kid rides but I want the parks to feel diverse and unique. Just my opinion of course!

I agree with you about this, and would love it if Epcot returned to its early roots. Unfortunately, I fear this ship may have sailed. Theme parks are now more about using characters and franchises to draw crowds. I fear that Disney would not spent large quantities of money on something that is akin to one of Epcot's classic attractions anymore. It makes me sad, because I'd love to see more Horizons/World of Motion style dark rides and new countries in WS.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom