Disney confirms 'Frozen' makeover coming to Epcot's Norway Pavilion

mouse_luv

Trolls real? :) Cause they are in the ride as we speak.

"Get it yet?" is an insult. I am not sensitive but I know an insult when I see one and I really don't care to exchange ideals with someone who wants to use them. We can disagree and still act like rational adults.

That wasn't an insult, I was trying to help you, but if you like to pretend that is an insult then so be it. Just admit that you are over your head here w/this thread (not with just me) and get on with your life.

cw1982

The mythology in the current ride and the movie are both based on Scandinavia mythology.

Those countries are real, the trolls in the ride are not. How is that any different than the mythology of the movie?

Again, you're lumping all of Scandinavia together when the countries are different. If they wanted to be lumped together, they would form one country. Until then, using a fairy tale from Denmark in a Norwegian pavilion is illogical and makes us Americans look like we don't value the two countries enough to acknowledge their differences.

BigTxEars

Trolls are apart of norse mythology just as much as Thor, Loki and Odin are. (Not the comic book/movie versions. I am speaking of the real gods.)

And that sir, is why trolls are important.

And NO they are NOT rock people who sing gospel songs lol.

Just as the tales out of early Europe are part of European culture (full of princes and princesses and magic) so are the stories out of Scandinavia part of their culture.

I like trolls, in fact I played one in WoW for years :) But they are as fictional as any magical princesses or talking snowman.

mouse_luv

Just as the tales out of early Europe are part of European culture (full of princes and princesses and magic) so are the stories out of Scandinavia part of their culture.

I like trolls, in fact I played one in WoW for years :) But they are as fictional as any magical princesses or talking snowman.

princesses/princes are real, there are many countries that still have them. LOL

Fractal514

Trolls are apart of norse mythology just as much as Thor, Loki and Odin are. (Not the comic book/movie versions. I am speaking of the real gods.)

And that sir, is why trolls are important.

And NO they are NOT rock people who sing gospel songs lol.

The real gods?

Also, I'm pretty sure trolls are important because they help keep these forums posts going. :)

BigTxEars

Again, you're lumping all of Scandinavia together when the countries are different. If they wanted to be lumped together, they would form one country. Until then, using a fairy tale from Denmark in a Norwegian pavilion is illogical and makes us Americans look like we don't value the two countries enough to acknowledge their differences.

Then Belgium has not cultural ties to France for example?

Borders do not keep culture in or out of a country, never have historically.

cw1982

Okay.

So by that logic, King Arthur belongs in any part of Europe, right?

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Hang on, are you saying you never expend money on:

a) Your education
b) the company set up (including IT, physical stuff, buildings, space..etc..)
c) the product presentation and display
d) product movement (purchasing, selling , renting..etc..)

If you did any of these.. you already had to "spend" money to get money.
And Disney already did the equivalent of all of that as well.

Fractal514

Okay.

So by that logic, King Arthur belongs in any part of Europe, right?

Arthur is certainly British by nature. But I think it can be argued that with the shifting borders of Europe over the last 2000 years, it is hard to define some cultural aspects to any ONE country.

Fractal514

I wonder if Disney would reconsider their original plans of calling it the Scandinavian Pavilion and just make it a broader region, not just the nation of Norway. If they were to do that, would it be more palatable?

Macdaddy1717

Glad to see @Macdaddy1717 was right that this is not happening...

Does anyone want to try and tell us how a snack counter still means there will be lots of Norway left in the pavilion?

It would more have to be a ride based on aFrench film inspired by a Mexican story that is set in something sort of like the southwestern US being used to represent American culture.

Thanks for going out of your way to post me in a comment i guess? but I just wanted to see a conformation of it. And until what i read today there was none. But now it doesn't matter cause its coming and the ride will take a million years to even get on cause the wait times will be ridiculous. But RIP Maelstrom, one of my favorites.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
I cannot deny that it excites me that children hear the word and it isn't in the middle of some teacher trying to make math "cool."
Math is cool. In New York over the summer, my kids chose, from a list of museums I gave them, to visit the National Museum of Mathematics.

Oh, wait, maybe that doesn't mean math is cool as much as it means my kids are geeks!

Fractal514

Some cultural aspects, perhaps. But we're talking about literature here, which is easily traceable.

What literature? Your King Arthur example is a good one and an example of how myth has been turned into a culturally identified work of literature. But Norse mythology and trolls in particular are not literature specific to one story, unless I'm missing something.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom