Disney confirms 'Frozen' makeover coming to Epcot's Norway Pavilion

lazyboy97o

Since it is behind the current ride and it's mythology and the movie mythology I think the Frozen overlay fits within Norway at WS.
Do you consider Spaghetti Westerns to be products of Texas and part of Texas culture?

Huh ? Manifest Destiny ??
Manifest Destiny was the belief that American westward expansion was a divine calling. The combined lands of Liberty Square and Frontierland are a built representation of American westward expansion. The journey to Arendelle along the Rivers of America would mean directly tying Frozen to 19th century American history.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Would you like to have an adult conversation where we exchange views or continue to act like a pompous jerk? I am good with either, just let me know.
You want to keep changing the rationale for this decision, that's your prerogative. My responses are in direct reaction to your posts. And I never resorted to insults....

Captain Chaos

Given TDO's timeframe on building ANYTHING, do they actually think they will have it finished and opened BEFORE the hoopla of the FROZEN craze is over!? And once its over, I do hope they have a plan for the space to take it to more of a Norwegian culture attraction!?
If it does die down some, Frozen will still be more popular and remembered when the cheap over lay, i mean BRAND NEW ADDITION TO WORLD SHOWCASE WOOO HOOO opens while people won't even remember what an Avatar is when Pandora opens in DAK.

BTW, only Disney fans can say removing an attraction and replacing it with another is an ADDITION. But then again, they did call a land reclamation project (NFL) an expansion.

jakeman

Manifest Destiny was the belief that American westward expansion was a divine calling. The combined lands of Liberty Square and Frontierland are a built representation of American westward expansion. The journey to Arendelle along the Rivers of America would mean directly tying Frozen to 19th century American history.
So what does Splash Mountain at the end of that transition symbolize then?

BigTxEars

Scandinavia includes Norway, Finland, Sweden, Denmark, and Iceland, which are all real countries and cultures. Arendelle is fictional. Get it yet?

The mythology in the current ride and the movie are both based on Scandinavia mythology.

Those countries are real, the trolls in the ride are not. How is that any different than the mythology of the movie?

And you as well, want to have a conversation or hurl insults? Let me know I am good either way.

Mike S

The Norwegians did talk, back in 2002 when they, against the advice of the American embassy in Norway, did not extend their contract further with Disney.

I'm not placing all the blame at the feet of the Norwegian government about this, but they've got their share.
And the Norwegians in that news report were clearly upset that the government seemingly doesn't care.

ThemeParkJunkee

Do you think that those who still enjoy Epcot NEED an adult beverage to do so?

I am sure there are still those who enjoy Epcot. I still enjoy Epcot but not as much. And...I do need an adult beverage when I get half-way through the day because I start noticing what is missing/closed etc. So I go during the F&W Festival and just enjoy...F&W.

mouse_luv

The mythology in the current ride and the movie are both based on Scandinavia mythology.

Those countries are real, the trolls in the ride are not. How is that any different than the mythology of the movie?

And you as well, want to have a conversation or hurl insults? Let me know I am good either way.

Anna and Elsa and their "country" aren't real. And last I checked there weren't any snowmen in Norway that loved summer so much that they sang about it, so what's your point? Heck, even Frosty the Snowman learned his lesson about summer lol.
Also, last I checked I wasn't hurling insults. So, sensitive much?!

mouse_luv

You do realize how many people in America would consider all of us brainwashed for going to WDW at all? I guess it's all in one's perspective.
So, I guess that's true of all the Japanese that mob characters at Tokyo Disneyland and so on at other countries Disney parks right?

Fractal514

I am sure there are still those who enjoy Epcot. I still enjoy Epcot but not as much. And...I do need an adult beverage when I get half-way through the day because I start noticing what is missing/closed etc. So I go during the F&W Festival and just enjoy...F&W.

I too enjoy an adult beverage at Epcot, and while I do notice the things that are missing/closed, I still find Epcot to be an amazing experience overall, either clear-minded or with "enhanced enjoyment."

jakeman

They also talked again last month as a last chance effort, when a large corp stepped up to the plate (without the government support), but without the governments support for whatever reason it was a difficult sell. I imagine Disney either made it very difficult for them (because they were so darn obsessed with this changeover) or there were other things involved in the agreement the other parties didnt like, I dont know. It probably came down to a money and control issue of course. With that being said, as I shared in the prior frozen thread, Norway was promised that the pavilion would retain a Norwegian theme. Now that staggs has said the ride is through arendelle, that kinda kills that notion. Unless they have something more up their sleeve yet.
I'm sure there was a measure of schadenfreude on the part of Disney for Norway to suddenly scramble to "save" their pavilion after they got essentially 12 years of free advertising.

Not saying that's right, just pointing out the human nature of how those talks probably started.
And the Norwegians in that news report were clearly upset that the government seemingly doesn't care.
Yeah, I get that. My point was more reemphasizing your point that the Norwegian culpability in this shouldn't be ignored fully.

minsmk

Trolls are apart of norse mythology just as much as Thor, Loki and Odin are. (Not the comic book/movie versions. I am speaking of the real gods.)

And that sir, is why trolls are important.

And NO they are NOT rock people who sing gospel songs lol.

BigTxEars

Anna and Elsa and their "country" aren't real. And last I checked their weren't any snowmen in Norway that loved summer so much that they sang about it, so what's your point? Heck, even Frosty the Snowman learned his lesson about summer lol.
Also, last I checked I wasn't hurling insults. So, sensitive much?!

Trolls real? :) Cause they are in the ride as we speak.

"Get it yet?" is an insult. I am not sensitive but I know an insult when I see one and I really don't care to exchange ideals with someone who wants to use them. We can disagree and still act like rational adults.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom