Disney confirms 'Frozen' makeover coming to Epcot's Norway Pavilion

Captain Neo

Walt disney world has been FROZEN over by soulless corporate executives who have sucked all of the heart and creativity out of Disney World and wish to exploit its remains to stuff their own pockets

lazyboy97o

The quote is that you can't change the film (unless your George Lucas) and the parks will forever change
And technology has now reached a appoint where changing the films is a far easier process. So why not?

This will be a way to get kids interested in culture. Yes it's a fictional place. But it can be seen to have tires to the culture. The store is based on the ice queen and if you look close at the end of the movie you can see the stave church.

I had Indiana Jones on my childhood to get me interested in world travel. If disney takes this route to inspire my child to travel and learn about other cultures I'm okay with it.
Stave churches are not the end all and be all of Norway. And The Snow Queen is by a Danish author.

Seems like a lot of people think it has a lot to do with Norway. Perception is greater than reality an all :)

http://www.travelandtourworld.com/news/article/visitnorway-disney-collaborates-promote-frozen/
http://www.travelandtourworld.com/news/article/frozen-a-film-that-promoting-norway-tourism/
http://www.ibtimes.com/frozen-norway-disney-hit-brings-blizzard-tourists-1590853
http://www.travelweekly.com/Travel-...rozen-is-sending-tourists-packing-for-Norway/
http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20140314001307

Lots of folks in Norway are embracing Frozen and all the attention it is bringing them. If it's cultural enough for the Norwegians it's cultural enough for a guy from Texas :)
So every foreign film set in a sort of Texas like place is what you would consider to be part of the culture of Texas?

Hmmm, Epcot was "supposed" to be about the Community of Tomorrow according to Walt. So where did the WSC play into that vision???
"Among its major features will be a cosmopolitan hotel and convention center towering thirty or more stories. Shopping areas where stores and whole streets recreate the character and adventure of places ‘round the world"

All (movie and current ride) based on Scandinavian culture. Not sure what the difference is......
Norway is part of Scandinavia, it is not all of Scandinavia.

cw1982

Not at all, the countries of Scandinavia are much more historically linked and culturally the same than say Canada and Mexico.

But they are all different countries. I bet if you ask someone from Norway, they will disagree with your assertion that their country can be justifiably lumped with the rest of Scandinavia. People from different South American countries don't generally like to be linked and generalized either, nor do people from Europe. Just because you don't know much about the differences in these cultures doesn't mean the differences don't exist.

Last edited:

FigmentsFangirl

EPCOT according to Walt's inital vision was "a place wherein people {of all nations} could live and work in the future together" So Future world was born yes, then World Showcase. I honestly think that if they do this without showing us any artwork, we're just speculating here.

Soon as I see some artwork, then I'm happy, and will look forwards to my next trip, until then, I am just confused of why Norway and not the area behind Haunted Mansion. Heck if you ask me it makes more sense to put Arendelle behind Haunted Mansion with two ways to get to it. The Riverboat ride, which is already on a track "round trip tours to Arendelle" perhap ? plus a few walkways, last I knew, there was even enough space to put a trainstation back there "Arendelle Station!!" anyone ?

lazyboy97o

EPCOT according to Walt's inital vision was "a place wherein people {of all nations} could live and work in the future together" So Future world was born yes, then World Showcase. I honestly think that if they do this without showing us any artwork, we're just speculating here.

Soon as I see some artwork, then I'm happy, and will look forwards to my next trip, until then, I am just confused of why Norway and not the area behind Haunted Mansion. Heck if you ask me it makes more sense to put Arendelle behind Haunted Mansion with two ways to get to it. The Riverboat ride, which is already on a track "round trip tours to Arendelle" perhap ? plus a few walkways, last I knew, there was even enough space to put a trainstation back there "Arendelle Station!!" anyone ?
What does Arendelle have to do with Manifest Destiny?

Mike S

But you'll use their promoting tourism to assume they're fine with the changes to the Norway pavilion....
When in reality it is quite the contrary.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Yes, let's let the Norwegians talk.

yensid67

Given TDO's timeframe on building ANYTHING, do they actually think they will have it finished and opened BEFORE the hoopla of the FROZEN craze is over!? And once its over, I do hope they have a plan for the space to take it to more of a Norwegian culture attraction!?

BigTxEars

There is nothing in the movie that truly showcases Scandinavian or Norwegian culture, except some Rosemaling art design and some snow, and a backdrop that sorta kinda resembles a stave church.

What in the ride does? If anyone is looking for deep represetation of Norwegian culture then a ride or a animated movie is not a good place to get it. The movie and the ride are just brief introductions, nothing more.

jakeman

When in reality it is quite the contrary.
View attachment 65628 View attachment 65629
Yes, let's let the Norwegians talk.
The Norwegians did talk, back in 2002 when they, against the advice of the American embassy in Norway, did not extend their contract further with Disney.

I'm not placing all the blame at the feet of the Norwegian government about this, but they've got their share.

mouse_luv

What is the ride does? If anyone is looking for deep represetation of Norwegian culture then a ride or a animated movie is not a good place to get it. The movie and the ride are just brief introductions, nothing more.
Try telling that to the brainwashed masses who will be there for the "Frozen" overlay of the ride. 'Murica!:rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom