Disney confirms 'Frozen' makeover coming to Epcot's Norway Pavilion

PlutoHasFleas

While it's not positive, let's see if this gets posted, much less answered.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 90

Txrayado

And the WS was seen as a cultural thing. What's your point, caller?

No, it will not. It will be an overlay of an existing ride, nothing more, nothing less....

This will be a way to get kids interested in culture. Yes it's a fictional place. But it can be seen to have tires to the culture. The store is based on the ice queen and if you look close at the end of the movie you can see the stave church.

I had Indiana Jones on my childhood to get me interested in world travel. If disney takes this route to inspire my child to travel and learn about other cultures I'm okay with it.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
This will be a way to get kids interested in culture. Yes it's a fictional place. But it can be seen to have tires to the culture. The store is based on the ice queen and if you look close at the end of the movie you can see the stave church.

I had Indiana Jones on my childhood to get me interested in world travel. If disney takes this route to inspire my child to travel and learn about other cultures I'm okay with it.
Arendelle is not culture, it's fiction....

Ranch Dressing

True, but there are enough people out there that are the owners of Disney stock, DVC, APs, etc. that have invested some big $$ into TWDC. If those people were to sell off their investments and never return, Disney will take a hit. Sure, there will be someone to take their place, but if word gets out as to why people are walking away, the message could stick that it's not worth the investment.

It's not always just the revenue at the gate that makes the company money. Sure, the restaurants and merchandise help but it's the selling of the DVC's, the APs and people buying stock on Wall St. that Disney sees the money.

So, even with the people that make the once in a lifetime trek, it's not necessarily those people that Disney is worried about. It's the people who are spending the big bucks to have DVC, stock, APs, etc and expect to see results from the product they receive. So it's THOSE people who need to step up, let the displeasure be heard and threaten with their investments that if changes for the better aren't made, that they'll pull out and leave.

You really think people are gojng to dump Disney stock over a reworking of a ride that needs to be reworked anyway? Come on now, thats a little silly.

Captain Chaos

I want to be there when you point to the map to show your kid where Arendelle is.... Are you one of those who think is it MURICA and not America?

mouse_luv

Indiana Jones and Frozen are two different things here. At least Indy is pretty historically and archaeologically accurate (minus the whole aliens thing in the 4th movie). Frozen is fictional crap, but hey if you want your kids to believe in fictional "culture" then more power to ya!:rolleyes:

cw1982

But the ride is going to focus on the movie, which has very little to do with Norwegian culture at all. It's not like the original story is a Norwegian one. As @Bolna pointed out, the original tale is from an entirely different country (Denmark).

mousehockey37

You really think people are gojng to dump Disney stock over a reworking of a ride that needs to be reworked anyway? Come on now, thats a little silly.

I'm saying that it's getting to the point of a culmination of a lot of things. When people bought into WDW 20+ years ago, I'm sure they weren't expecting things to look like they do now. So, it's just not one ride. If you've been here long enough, there's been a lot of changes in recent years that have gone from great to good to ok to bad to worse... There have been things that have gotten better too, but it seems that there are starting to be more negatives than positives.

So at some point people who bought in long ago are going to possibly reach a breaking point and say it's not worth it anymore.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Just a prediction....I could be wrong....

There will be more happy and excited guest riding the new Frozen overly ride the first few days than all the unhappy ones posting now combined.
Yes, you could be wrong. Regardless, TDO will milk this until the adoration levels off and even declines. And they'll still be stuck with a fictional country in the WS....

mouse_luv

Just a prediction....I could be wrong....

There will be more happy and excited guest riding the new Frozen overly ride the first few days than all the unhappy ones posting now combined.
Yeah, those will be the same guests that are brainwashed and don't know or care what Disney and EPCOT was really about, same people that don't give a crap about preserving culture and so on. :cautious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom