Disney confirms 'Frozen' makeover coming to Epcot's Norway Pavilion

Tom Morrow

It sounds very automatic.

Unfortunately until WDW goers have an automatic response of "We feel that in our best interest of our investments that we will be pulling our stock support until the product improves" we won't see things improve from a customer standpoint.
And sadly, this may never happen, not with WDW, because of it's legendary status as some sort of right of passage that everyone must visit at least once in their lifetime.

BradyJacobs

Heck they have an entire ride at MK based on a movie 99% of the people who go to the park have never seen and it's considered a classic. I personally think Frozen is locked in as a classic Disney movie for the next decade at least. It's every bit the movie that Little Mermaid is and that movie is still going strong today. :)
I completely agree that Frozen is going to be a classic just like The Little Mermaid. I think that part of the problem is that when that movie came out, Walt Disney World did not turn everything in the parks into The Little Mermaid.

mousehockey37

And sadly, this may never happen, not with WDW, because of it's legendary status as some sort of right of passage that everyone must visit at least once in their lifetime.

True, but there are enough people out there that are the owners of Disney stock, DVC, APs, etc. that have invested some big $$ into TWDC. If those people were to sell off their investments and never return, Disney will take a hit. Sure, there will be someone to take their place, but if word gets out as to why people are walking away, the message could stick that it's not worth the investment.

It's not always just the revenue at the gate that makes the company money. Sure, the restaurants and merchandise help but it's the selling of the DVC's, the APs and people buying stock on Wall St. that Disney sees the money.

So, even with the people that make the once in a lifetime trek, it's not necessarily those people that Disney is worried about. It's the people who are spending the big bucks to have DVC, stock, APs, etc and expect to see results from the product they receive. So it's THOSE people who need to step up, let the displeasure be heard and threaten with their investments that if changes for the better aren't made, that they'll pull out and leave.

BigTxEars

But we are not talking about "minor details" here. This is like showing kids Captain America: The First Avenger to teach them about WWII.

I would disagree, Maelstrom was never a detailed study of Norwegian culture IMO. It was a very brief overview at best. A Frozen overlay will lose the oil references but keep the trolls from Norwegian culture for example. I would guess (and I might be wrong) that the trolls are far more interesting to most than the oil portion of the ride for example. But then I am from Texas and we have lots of oil references around here so that might just be personal bias.

And sadly I would think Captain America at least taught some in the audience that we fought Germany in WWII, I would bet my last dollar more than a few people who saw that movie did not even know that.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
So the story broken here in May and discussed over and over and over again is finally confirmed. Not a lot to get excited about (either way), nothing new here.

Seems like they are fast tracking this one though (based on Disney standards). Early 2016 is a little over a year. Not too long to wait.

asianway

Anyone notice the subtle but meaningful (I think) change in the name of the Christmas parade, as cited in this announcement.

They were focusing on the inclusion of "Frozen" characters in it, of course, but I noticed the name change. They called it "Mickey's Once Upon a Christmastime" parade. It was usually called "Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Parade" in the past.

Subtle, but maybe indicating a whole new parade (and maybe a de-emphasis on celebrating Christmas itself, but instead the season -- just an observation of why they would use "Christmastime" instead of "Christmas" when then movie title they reference was "Christmas," unless they just felt it more broadly fit the parade atmosphere -- who knows?).
The name of the parade has been Once upon a Christmastime for some time. Google it.
They may use the other name for the mashup that is the not live Christmas Day parade.

PlutoHasFleas

there are enough people out there that are the owners of Disney stock, DVC, APs, etc. that have invested some big $$ into TWDC. If those people were to sell off their investments and never return, Disney will take a hit.
Never going to happen. Definitely not because they are bringing something new to the parks. They hear new and jump for joy, no matter what it is.

mousehockey37

Never going to happen. Definitely not because they are bringing something new to the parks. They hear new and jump for joy, no matter what it is.

I don't see too many people on this thread exactly jumping for joy over something new... Couple this in with declining dining service and such, among other things that are probably out there, and yes, it could happen.

PlutoHasFleas

I don't see too many people on this thread exactly jumping for joy over something new... Couple this in with declining dining service and such, among other things that are probably out there, and yes, it could happen.
True, it's the ones not on this thread that we should be worried about. I see a lot of sickeningly positive comments on Twitter & Facebook..

BigTxEars

Didn't WDW hit record numbers last year in attendance? Never say never but I can not see WDW losing guest and their dollars anytime soon. Not to sound like a homer but Disney has held strong against the surging Universal theme park and Dreamworks movies recently. And they did not do so against weak competition either, Uni and DW have put forth very high quality products.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom