Disney confirms 'Frozen' makeover coming to Epcot's Norway Pavilion

mouse_luv

There are no words? What do you post when someone says something really offensive? :)

And that fish is nasty, I tried it, yuk. Going back there in about 135 days to eat at Norway, that fish is safe from me!
If I told you how I really felt about your ignorant comments towards Northerners who have done nothing to you etc, and then your proceeding to pick at something in Norwegian culture, I would probably get banned and/or hurt your feelings (since you make up that people were flinging insults at you when they were helping you). So let's not go there. Let just keep trying to play nice.

jakeman

And your point is? All I was doing was answering your question about Lion King and where in Africa.
Just see @Matt_Black quote below to the point I was making.

1) Does The Lion King ever actually USE the word "Africa"?
2) Frozen was heavily inspired by Norwegian culture and history; Arendal is a port city in Norway, not unlike how Arendelle seems to be a port kingdom. Homophones.

Yes, but that's not the same thing as Mexican culture or Texan culture. It's an acknowledgement of the blending of the two, primarily for food labels as I understand it. I've never heard of Tex-Mex literature.
According to the googles the proper term would be Chicano literature or literature with a Mexican American influence.

BigTxEars

Yes, but that's not the same thing as Mexican culture or Texan culture. It's an acknowledgement of the blending of the two, primarily for food labels as I understand it. I've never heard of Tex-Mex literature.

Oh goodness come on down here :) from music, food, language, social customs, holidays etc the merging of the anglo and Mexican culture has been going on since well before Texas became Texas in 1836 :)

And Tex Mex is da bomb, that MexiCali stuff can't hold a candle to it. Although fish tacos are really good....

BigTxEars

Lutefisk. Soaked in lye as a preservative. Gives it a gelatanous consistency and it is quite horrible. During the holiday season it is prevalent at many events. And no, I have no desire to eat that. However, my Swedish and Norwegian grandparents did have many good recipes that my French mom learned to make and most of them were breads.

Gelatanous.....that pretty much ends the desire to eat anything for me :) Well except Jello of course!

cw1982

According to the googles the proper term would be Chicano literature or literature with a Mexican American influence.

Cool. But even then, there are news clips where Norwegians are demonstrating that they are offended by the idea of Frozen representing them. Clearly, not all Norwegians find this to be a blending of their culture with that of their neighbors.

roj2323

I don't know if anyone else has mentioned it but Tom Staggs said this would be opening by early 2016 http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/09/frozen-attraction-coming-to-epcot/

"Tom Staggs on September 12th, 2014 at 5:19 pm
Thanks for asking, Cynthia. The Frozen attraction is targeted to open by early 2016."

Why do they need 15+ months? Diagon Alley was built from scratch in less time than that!

mouse_luv

FigmentsFangirl

Do you consider Spaghetti Westerns to be products of Texas and part of Texas culture?

Manifest Destiny was the belief that American westward expansion was a divine calling. The combined lands of Liberty Square and Frontierland are a built representation of American westward expansion. The journey to Arendelle along the Rivers of America would mean directly tying Frozen to 19th century American history.
I see; thankyou. it honestly had me confused. But no, I mean that the fort must have had a back door to it {not the trap door/escape route} to get to the indian camp at the northern part of the island. its all blocked off now. nothings there. So naturally, it'd make a nice location for the North Mountain to be at. And ontop of that there is nothing behind Huanted Mansion and Small world aside from small parking areas and their show buildings. Magic Kingdom still has a lot of space. And the Norway pavillion is cramped and not even LEVEL GROUND. if they want to add a Frozen ride, or even remake a ride to be from Arendelle. Then at least rebuild the Pavillion as a whole, Place needs to be wider anyway.

ThemeParkJunkee

mousehockey37

I don't know if anyone else has mentioned it but Tom Staggs said this would be opening by early 2016 http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/09/frozen-attraction-coming-to-epcot/

Thanks for asking, Cynthia. The Frozen attraction is targeted to open by early 2016."

Why do they need 15+ months? Diagon Alley was built from scratch in less time than that!

If you remember back when they opened all that, people were complaining that nothing on GG worked. None of the AA's were functional and that the audio was off.. It was just a quiet, dark coaster with no special effects. Albeit to Disney to actual take "some" time to make sure that the product actually does work before they open it to customers.

Pirate665

I love how I leave for a little while, the posts double and the place is on fire. Did anyone at least get the cat out?

Anyways, it looks like things are getting off track. Let's say that we didn't have to have Frozen move in. At most the ride needed a refurb but can anyone else think of a really good thing to turn the ride into? I mean, I just wanted a bit of an over haul. Repaint backdrops, get the Polar Bear new fur, have the troll work properly, ect.

But for real, I'd like to hear some ideas. We have some pretty awesome talent in here. Just something not character related or that'll puke out tons of merch at the rate of a gift shop exit...

jakeman

Cool. But even then, there are news clips where Norwegians are demonstrating that they are offended by the idea of Frozen representing them. Clearly, not all Norwegians find this to be a blending of their culture with that of their neighbors.
Meh. I have a hard time caring about that. Especially when they don't seem to mind reaping the economical benefits of the tourism bump.

Perhaps the pervasive 'Murica stereotype of my own countries has made me callous to the minor qualms of a country that has a film that presents their country in a pretty positive and attractive light.

mousehockey37

I love how I leave for a little while, the posts double and the place is on fire. Did anyone at least get the cat out?

Anyways, it looks like things are getting off track. Let's say that we didn't have to have Frozen move in. At most the ride needed a refurb but can anyone else think of a really good thing to turn the ride into? I mean, I just wanted a bit of an over haul. Repaint backdrops, get the Polar Bear new fur, have the troll work properly, ect.

But for real, I'd like to hear some ideas. We have some pretty awesome talent in here. Just something not character related or that'll puke out tons of merch at the rate of a gift shop exit...

How's it OT? This is a thread about the ride coming in. So saying that if we didn't have to have it? Not necessary because, it's coming....

Through everything over the last 5-10 pages, it's been somewhat heated, but pretty educational and a good discussion that is on topic.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member

Jaws closed January 2012, so 27 months or so from closing of what was there to opening of the new. Still, 15 months does sound like a long time. But we know Disney builds slower.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
Who is superior? :)

Canada and the US share a lot of the same culture as do the US and Mexico. Where borders are culture tend to merge. Come on down to South Texas, the Mexican culture is alive and well here in many ways. It's only natural and certainly an historical truth. That being said Mexico and Canada can bite it, America is clearly superior. :)
Them be fighting words.
And if Canada had any kind of military left (beyond the "Peacekeepers"), we would come down there, passport in hand, and whoop your butt.

Or ... we would just apologize, pick up a coffee and donut from Timmie's, and carry on.

wdwfan4ver

This is Disney and remember Disney took their time with the mine train.

To me, it seems like Disney wants to spread the costs as a way to make the project cheaper from a quarter standpoint considering the asking price WDI gets.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom