Disney confirms 'Frozen' makeover coming to Epcot's Norway Pavilion

BrianLo

The queue should be easy to theme appropriately. The actual ride is the hard part.

They actually did a great job with Olaf's play area in Cali too. Rather well put together for something that is 'temporary' and thrown together in 6 months. It gives some faith that this may actually turn out alright...

And confirms that what TDS will get will be amazing!

Mike S

They actually did a great job with Olaf's play area in Cali too. Rather well put together for something that is 'temporary' and thrown together in 6 months. It gives some faith that this may actually turn out alright...

And confirms that what TDS will get will be amazing!
Definitely. By looking at Olaf's Snow Fest it's easy to imagine a similar space with a bigger budget and more permanent. I can't wait for concept art.

Last edited:

BrerJon

Sorry to quote a pic from Mice Chat, but I wonder if one of the people in this picture is wearing the new Cast Member costume for the ride...

IMG_0510-X3.jpg

FerretAfros

Here's a look at the construction progress as seen during the 10K on 1/9. The view is looking west through a large backstage door centered on the east wall of the pavilion. I'm not sure what exactly is going on in there, but it's clear that they've stripped everything down to the structural and mechanical systems

P1100928.JPG

I also thought it was interesting that the construction crews were in there doing work during the race, which ran right by the building's east and south sides. All of the doors were open, and I saw a backhoe moving around just inside the door closest to the onstage wooden gate between the Norway and China pavilions

Additionally, here's a closer look at the Anna head that was seen in the costuming tunnel at the Studios (dark blob between the column and the fan), taken during the Marathon on 1/11; presumably this is being used for the ride as well. The Elsa head was not in the room, though it was visible during the tram tour's final weeks

P1110392.JPG

aladdin2007

Here's a look at the construction progress as seen during the 10K on 1/9. The view is looking west through a large backstage door centered on the east wall of the pavilion. I'm not sure what exactly is going on in there, but it's clear that they've stripped everything down to the structural and mechanical systems

View attachment 79354

I also thought it was interesting that the construction crews were in there doing work during the race, which ran right by the building's east and south sides. All of the doors were open, and I saw a backhoe moving around just inside the door closest to the onstage wooden gate between the Norway and China pavilions

Additionally, here's a closer look at the Anna head that was seen in the costuming tunnel at the Studios (dark blob between the column and the fan), taken during the Marathon on 1/11; presumably this is being used for the ride as well. The Elsa head was not in the room, though it was visible during the tram tour's final weeks

View attachment 79356

Interesting pic with the showbuilding doors open

zachrupertdsn

View attachment 79354

View attachment 79356

Remember when this was rumored to be a quick cheap overlay? I would say it's safe to assume we will be seeing concept art at D23

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
It's a cheap, relatively quick compared to Disneys usual pace refurd.

right ....but building and ride system is already in place as well...which will save a lot of time and money - cost and time is mainly re-theming yes, but it appears they are ripping it all out, not just an overlay to the Maelstrom bits and pieces. Time will tell however... it could be impressive, or it could be cheap, like the mermaid attraction

orlando678-

I don't think the little mermaid ride was cheap, sure it's not perfect but neither is one of the original disney dark rides. The ride has some flaws but I think besides the Ursula ending scene the ride is pretty good especially with the updates from the California ride. But that's just me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom