Disney confirms 'Frozen' makeover coming to Epcot's Norway Pavilion

JohnD

image.jpg

JordanNite

Mannequins.

That's what we will be getting. Static Mannequins of Elsa, Arna, Christophe, sometimes they will be cardboard cut outs.

We'll get a nice soundtrack though.

Kman101

I'm not defending this ride at ALL, but no one who's not working on the project (or knows someone who is) knows what we'll get.

My first thought however if we see Olaf sliding down some snow mountain/whatever, it's either going to be a projection or an AA that ends up breaking. Those two things shouldn't be the first things to cross my mind.

Jose

I'm not defending this ride at ALL, but no one who's not working on the project (or knows someone who is) knows what we'll get.

My first thought however if we see Olaf sliding down some snow mountain/whatever, it's either going to be a projection or an AA that ends up breaking. Those two things shouldn't be the first things to cross my mind.
What the hell? Projections? no way! This is going to be a classic dark ride.
*EDIT: sorry, I misunderstood your post :banghead:

Last edited:

orlando678-

I heard the Olaf AA will be very advanced but actually dark rides are going to use a lot of projections now after we ve seen what happened to Alice in Wonderland. I really like the ride though.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Hopefully not too many though, but using the projections for an Elsa the snow queen effect with ice and snow blowing around, would still be awesome
I thought Elsa and The Snow Queen were two different people? I dont follow Frozen enough, so pardon my ignorance

orlando678-

Elsa is the snow queen but there's a story called the snow queen by Hans Christian Andersen and that's a different story, but also is based on the same character.

Incomudro

I don't remember anyone saying this would be a brand new attraction. There were some idle hope that there might be a new ride system, but pretty much everyone who looked at this project realistically, knew it was going to keep the same ride system. The big question was whether this was going to be a light re-theme of what was already there, or a total gut job and re-do.

Yes, I don't see why there would be any compelling reason for them to install a new ride system.
I think of what they are doing here as pretty much what they did with Test Track.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom