Disney confirms 'Frozen' makeover coming to Epcot's Norway Pavilion

Stevek

LPS. Funny how Tokyo could have 3 LPS rides before WDW gets even one. Not to mention two of those rides would be superior versions of existing cheap counterparts in WDW (Pooh and Frozen).
Difference between a partnership/investment with OLC and doing it on their own. I do think that if they were building the Tokyo and DL Pooh attractions at the same time, they would have built both of them (space permitting) the same way to achieve a cost savings.

Mike S

Difference between a partnership/investment with OLC and doing it on their own. I do think that if they were building the Tokyo and DL Pooh attractions at the same time, they would have built both of them (space permitting) the same way to achieve a cost savings.
They were made at a similar time actually. MK Pooh opened in 1999. Tokyo opened in 2000.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Yep, this. He's basically calling everybody who thinks this overlay is a bad idea idiots.

Don't think the fictional story of Frozen and the fictional location of Arrendale fit in Norway? You're an idiot. Don't think Disney should abandon its original theme and purpose for World Showcase? You're an idiot.
To be fair. there are plenty around here calling anybody who thinks this overlay is anything other than an abomination an idiot. So we're even on that front.

Captain Neo

Maelstrom actually was my introduction to Norway as a kid and got me really interested in their culture and motivated me to actual visit the country someday. If I was the same age today (or in 2016) I really don't think a frozen ride will do the same thing. It will just be yet another ride through of scenes from a movie everyones already seen just so trailer park crowd can shut their kids up for a few minutes by going "look honey bobo theres elsa from dat movie you like!"

jensenrick

a ride giving us the feeling of gliding on ice would be great though.
That would be amazing ! After riding Antartica a few times, I couldn't help but wonder - is a system like that actually less costly, in the long run, than an onmimover or boat-in-canal type ride? If, as I assume, any malfunctioning vehicle can be simply swapped out with one offstage, does that make things easier operationally ? Not that I'm saying that should be the first consideration (gawd forbid) bit I'd be interested on seeing what Disney can do with that ride system.

IASW singer

I went on Maelstrom on Saturday night. The entire time the line was booing and chanting to leave the ride along. It was great to hear all the support for Maelstrom and to see all the guests who love the ride. At the end of the ride, people were taking their pictures with sad faces and hugging the front of the ride vehicles. F&W definitely had a part in the rowdiness of everyone.

Mr Anderson

I went on Maelstrom on Saturday night. The entire time the line was booing and chanting to leave the ride along. It was great to hear all the support for Maelstrom and to see all the guests who love the ride. At the end of the ride, people were taking their pictures with sad faces and hugging the front of the ride vehicles. F&W definitely had a part in the rowdiness of everyone.
I'm certain it was the abundance of W and the lack of enough F that got everyone so rowdy ;):hungover::hilarious:

FigmentJedi

Listen up, Mr. Magenta Panther! Iger is neither a cheapwad nor a villain! He is the best Disney CEO to date! Eisner was the villain and cheapwad!

They're both pretty terrible. Iger just has a pinch more common sense then Eisner as far as building relationships with different people and groups goes and none of the "I am the next Walt Disney" complex that Eisner had. However, he has a complete lack of confidence in Disney's own ability to succeed and can't into parks outside the common sense of fixing DCA.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom