Disney confirms 'Frozen' makeover coming to Epcot's Norway Pavilion

AllyInWonderland

I think I'm gonna miss this guy the most
7185430281_4ac7b38306.jpg

FigmentJedi

The big troll is actually a product by the company that makes the little trolls they sell in the shop. Largest in their entire menagerie and there's pictures of that troll in his native Norway.

aladdin2007

The big troll is actually a product by the company that makes the little trolls they sell in the shop. Largest in their entire menagerie and there's pictures of that troll in his native Norway.

yeah thats his brother, theres only 2 like that ever made I think

SilentWindODoom

LOL, you can't? Sure seems like a lot of that going around these days. Good to know. ;)

Seriously, though - step back, clear your mind, and imagine WS as it was in 1987. (It's not too difficult, as so little has changed - just minus out Norway). Until then, there were no "supernatural" elements other than a few decorations on buildings - and then an entire attraction is added which is almost entirely based on "supernatural" elements (the lone notable exception the oil rig at the end).

Umm... Wasn't there a magical talking statue and half-animal gods dancing one pavilion over?

BrerJon

Awesome! I think he would be a nice little tribute to the ride.

As long as they're not replacing him with a statue of the Frozen trolls. *shudder*

Isn't he part of one of the Phineas & Ferb missions? I may be wrong, but there's definitely something in that shop for those games and I think it involves the troll.

Captain Neo

LOL, you can't? Sure seems like a lot of that going around these days. Good to know. ;)

Seriously, though - step back, clear your mind, and imagine WS as it was in 1987. (It's not too difficult, as so little has changed - just minus out Norway). Until then, there were no "supernatural" elements other than a few decorations on buildings - and then an entire attraction is added which is almost entirely based on "supernatural" elements (the lone notable exception the oil rig at the end).

Except for that whole beginning part showing the Vikings in their seaside village right?

dreamfinder912

Tbh I'm expecting that kind of spill out even if they use the theater.

Unless they don't intend to have a physical "line" at all, but use the ticketed return time system they'd tried? That's the only way I can think to house such a line of people without eliminating literally everything else in the pavilion. Especially since they intend to squish a M+G in there too!

Suspirian

That's the part I don't get.

Maelstrom as it exists right now, is not really specific to Norway - trolls and Nordic gods are overall Scandinavian. Frozen is more specific in it's references - to actual cities, places, and buildings in Norway itself.

Be that as it may, I feel like maelstrom does a lot more in informing guests about the culture of the area than the Frozen attraction which will basically end up being a cliff notes version of the film. I'm not the biggest maelstrom fan, I actually don't enjoy the attraction that much, but I feel it fits the area more then the frozen attraction will.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom