Disney confirms 'Frozen' makeover coming to Epcot's Norway Pavilion

aladdin2007

Here right now and the standby is at 70 minutes at 8:30 pm I've lost count of the number of people I've overhead saying it's closing and they need to ride it!

its also food and wine fest and a weekend, world showcase is always mayhem. but yeah maelstrom is going to be as busy as its ever been since opening probably, wish I could be there. Ive said goodbye to it twice now so its just as well Im not there, would be extra sad.

cosmicray

Just got home from EPCOT....rode Maelstrom around 2:00...LOADS of people, posted 50 min. wait, but we only waited about 35 minutes. Heard grumblings in line about the Frozen takeover and had a nice conversation with the guy in back of me who was telling his girlfriend how much Frozen doesn't fit in World Showcase...Loved riding it again, was able to go back over the falls one last time :cry:

jensenrick

Up front I'll say I'm with the "it doesn't belong in Epcot" group. But it IS going to be in Epcot, so I'm more interested in conjecturing about what it might become. I'm wondering if they are even going to keep it as a water ride. Water rides are markedly more expensive to maintain, and the "track" system takes up a lot more room than a "dry" dark ride. Given the same footprint (larger than the FL dark rides; approaching the size of the iasw show building), they could have a lot more ride without the boats. Also, assuming that some aspect of "storytelling" will be involved (something that was non-existant in Maelstrom), how could they work the backwards element into a narrative. (as a side note, I always thought the "about to go over a waterfall" effect was totally lost as your back was to the cave opening). And how do you work a boat ride into the Frozen story? There are some boats in the harbor at the beginning and end, but none to be seen throughout the rest of the film. A "dry" dark ride where the vehicles look like sleds would be much more thematically relavent. Love Maelstrom or not, I think everyone agrees that the ride is frustratingly short as it is; by removing the water aspect, they could solve the ride length, narrative elements, and theming in one action... Just some conjecture; would love to hear other opinions from folks that have ties to Imagineering...

Sorry, I doubt we'll have that in this thread.
I'd love to hear some conjecture about the new ride too, but unfortunately this thread only for whining and crying and moaning about how the addition of this ride will irrevocably harm WDW, and turn it into a cartoon princess 6 Flags. Also the whining and moaning statements must be made ad nauseum, until every dissenting opinion is silenced.

I hope there will eventually be a new thread about the Frozen ride, where we can discuss the details of how it will come about, and bleeting like sheep "It doesn't fit, I don't like it," will be as unwelcome as it is unproductive.

Mike S

I'd love to hear some conjecture about the new ride too, but unfortunately this thread only for whining and crying and moaning about how the addition of this ride will irrevocably harm WDW, and turn it into a cartoon princess 6 Flags. Also the whining and moaning statements must be made ad nauseum, until every dissenting opinion is silenced.

I hope there will eventually be a new thread about the Frozen ride, where we can discuss the details of how it will come about, and bleeting like sheep "It doesn't fit, I don't like it," will be as unwelcome as it is unproductive.
So you say how you don't like that we apparently want to silence differing opinions but then say you want a thread where our opinions would be silenced.

hypocrisy

noun, plural hypocrisies.
a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Mr Anderson

So you say how you don't like that we apparently want to silence differing opinions but then say you want a thread where our opinions would be silenced.

hypocrisy

noun, plural hypocrisies.
a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.
That all sounds so familiar... it's... it's like I know of someone else who does the same exact thing who's also a big fan of the Frozen ride... hmm. Maybe it's in this history book about Arendelle. :bookworm:

Mr Anderson

And how do you work a boat ride into the Frozen story?
Here's an idea for the Frozen ride:
tumblr_inline_n4apuslhpn1r91wdr.jpg

Frozen SeaVenture: The Final Voyage of the King and Queen of Arendelle

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Last edited:

misterID

It was already said what the frozen overlay was most likely going to be, but you and some others were so determined to condescend, argue, whine and cry about other posters and make completely ridiculous justifications for the forced overlay into WS you've overlooked it.

Conjecture: the ride will be reversed on the current track with a lot of projections, and the theater will be the new queue. Now, that's all basically rumor at this point, because there is nothing official or concrete, but it does seem to have legs.

Last edited:

peter11435

The ride won't go backwards on the current track. If they are going to switch the direction of travel there would need to be major changes to the track layout.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom