Disney confirms 'Frozen' makeover coming to Epcot's Norway Pavilion

FigmentJedi

Slightly off-topic, but I still wish that if they were to finally axe the Speedway, they would update it with Wreck-It Ralph as someone once suggested. Have Hero's Duty on the Tomorrowland side and Sugar Rush on the Fantasyland side as the perfect bridge (and even just retheme the cars to Sugar Rush Racers if they don't want to build a new attraction). Keep Frozen entirely in Fantasyland as far as I'm concerned.
Could probably use a small Game Central Station corridor between them with a Fix-It Felix Jr inspired meet and greet and counter service at Tappers.

Sped2424

The opening song is really Norwegian, not Danish, they took away the "danish" part.
Frode Fjellheim (Norwegian) made his version that Disney liked and wanted for the movie, this version is Eatnemen Vuelie, which was written for the Norwegian choir "Cantus" in 1996 and released in "Norwegian Voices". Frode Fjellheim then took out the "Fairest Lord Jesus" of the song and renamed it Vuelie...

So the opening song in 100% Norwegian.

Also, a Norwegian named Sissel Morken Gullord, who plays a goat horn has parts of her music in the movie. You can hear the "bukkehorn" in "Trolls", "Royal Pursuit" and "Elsa Imprisoned".
Ah the more you know then! @englanddg it really is a norwegian song through and through then.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Ah the more you know then! @englanddg it really is a norwegian song through and through then.
I see. Well then, what's this? (from the 1800s)

h8ag6ea.gif

That's like saying Nikki Minaj "wrote" Baby Got Back.

NeXuS1000

I see. Well then, what's this? (from the 1800s)

h8ag6ea.gif

That's like saying Nikki Minaj "wrote" Baby Got Back.

Please understand that a lot of scandinavian culture is intertwined. If you dig deep enough, you'll find a lot of cultural things have roots in other countries than initially expected. In cases like this, it's very valid to say there's a norwegian version of the song as well, just like the german christmas song "O Tannenbaum" has a danish "copy", but that copy is still considered to be very, very danish.

This discussion is just getting silly.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Technically Walt received many honorary degrees from Ivy League schools. I think the new Frozen ride is going to be great. My kids are very excited and they are the reason I spend the money I do in Disney. Can't wait.

My son was very excited about his bouncy seat. Should we knock down the Haunted Mansion and put in a bouncy seat pavilion?

I stayed there once. It was a hood rat's dream.

(Barely) Veiled racism! Hooray!

Bocabear

I'll still take the several E-tickets (even one awesome new E and a couple D's, or new land) over a refurbed Speedway.

You could easily have a Frozen land and TL expansion on that plot.
There is plenty of room for a Frozen expansion where the circus tents currently sit....that would not interfere with Dumbo or the Speedway... but yea I agree...I would take several e tickets over the Speedway.

RayTheFirefly

Please understand that a lot of scandinavian culture is intertwined. If you dig deep enough, you'll find a lot of cultural things have roots in other countries than initially expected. In cases like this, it's very valid to say there's a norwegian version of the song as well, just like the german christmas song "O Tannenbaum" has a danish "copy", but that copy is still considered to be very, very danish.

This discussion is just getting silly.
Not only are the cultures very intertwined, but the Norwegian and Danish languages are also almost identical when written. Which is why when you purchase something at, say, IKEA, the instruction pages that have multiple languages have NO/DK (they combine them because both language speakers can read it fine).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom