Disney confirms 'Frozen' makeover coming to Epcot's Norway Pavilion

Mr Anderson

speedway has been neutered so much it doesn't have any staying power anymore. Also the image I put doesn't even really show all the land accessible behind dumbo
tumblr_nccfqmyO9Q1rb3d4bo1_500.png

Look at that. Just the left half of that bubble could hold a frozen land, ice place mountain and all just like @WDW1974 was hinting would go over in Tokyo Disneyland.
This is a great idea. They have so much space to make any kind of Frozen attraction they want in the area you've shown, that it's quite obvious they're going for the quick, cheap, & dirty fix putting Frozen in World Showcase. It's not as if it wasn't clear already, but this just reinforces it. For the sake of all the fans of Frozen & Maelstrom alike, this is really disappointing to see.

spiritofNorway

The same is a mixture of Sami folk singing and Danish hymns. So it's a blend of the two, the sami people are found in parts of northern norway.

The opening song is really Norwegian, not Danish, they took away the "danish" part.
Frode Fjellheim (Norwegian) made his version that Disney liked and wanted for the movie, this version is Eatnemen Vuelie, which was written for the Norwegian choir "Cantus" in 1996 and released in "Norwegian Voices". Frode Fjellheim then took out the "Fairest Lord Jesus" of the song and renamed it Vuelie...

So the opening song in 100% Norwegian.

Also, a Norwegian named Sissel Morken Gullord, who plays a goat horn has parts of her music in the movie. You can hear the "bukkehorn" in "Trolls", "Royal Pursuit" and "Elsa Imprisoned".

dupac

I accidentally wandered back into this thread. Yikes.

I would be okay with a unique A&E ride. Maybe a tie in of Frozen with Norway? What I absolutely don't want is a rehash of the movie. Yawn. Sacrificing an overarching theme for a ride rehash would be terrible.

Cesar R M

The opening song is really Norwegian, not Danish, they took away the "danish" part.
Frode Fjellheim (Norwegian) made his version that Disney liked and wanted for the movie, this version is Eatnemen Vuelie, which was written for the Norwegian choir "Cantus" in 1996 and released in "Norwegian Voices". Frode Fjellheim then took out the "Fairest Lord Jesus" of the song and renamed it Vuelie...

So the opening song in 100% Norwegian.

Also, a Norwegian named Sissel Morken Gullord, who plays a goat horn has parts of her music in the movie. You can hear the "bukkehorn" in "Trolls", "Royal Pursuit" and "Elsa Imprisoned".
nice!
I never imagined there were small details like that!

Yankee Mouse

speedway has been neutered so much it doesn't have any staying power anymore. Also the image I put doesn't even really show all the land accessible behind dumbo
tumblr_nccfqmyO9Q1rb3d4bo1_500.png

Look at that. Just the left half of that bubble could hold a frozen land, ice place mountain and all just like @WDW1974 was hinting would go over in Tokyo Disneyland.

One of my biggest complaints about this makeover is the fact that it could be done so much better in a different location, and there is plenty of room for it. The reason Walt bought up so much land was so they could expand, but the only "true" expansions we get are DVCs. When was the last time a park was actually expanded? Stuff just gets closed and replaced. It is the same beef I will have when Hollywood studios' plans are announced.

misterID

tumblr_ncbtfqIkwv1rb3d4bo1_1280.png

I feel like frozen could have gone in the mk easily. :< Preferably behind dumbo. With a little reworking they could have done it.

Speedway has been a smelly, loud waste of space for years. It still amazes me how much real estate it takes up. You could add attractions for FL and TL on that land.

And I still don't get the need for the mega Dumbo.

YodaMan

Oh I agree, it would fit better behind Dumbo. But then again, I can pretty much guarantee, even though it would be completely out of place in Tomorrowland, there would be no #savetomorrowlandspeedway campaign if they were to tear it down to make way for a new Frozen attraction. :hilarious:

Slightly off-topic, but I still wish that if they were to finally axe the Speedway, they would update it with Wreck-It Ralph as someone once suggested. Have Hero's Duty on the Tomorrowland side and Sugar Rush on the Fantasyland side as the perfect bridge (and even just retheme the cars to Sugar Rush Racers if they don't want to build a new attraction). Keep Frozen entirely in Fantasyland as far as I'm concerned.

awilliams4

Speedway has been a smelly, loud waste of space for years. It still amazes me how much real estate it takes up. You could add attractions for FL and TL on that land.

And I still don't get the need for the mega Dumbo.

We love the new Dumbo(s). Especially at night. We like the water, lighting, music and new great views that it offers. Kinda a fan of the speedway too. We enjoy the speedway noises similar to the old TTA spiel....to us, it has just become a part of what to expect to hear and listen to at Tomorrowland.....however, Tomorrowland may not be the best name for where the Speedway is :)

Bocabear

We love the new Dumbo(s). Especially at night. We like the water, lighting, music and new great views that it offers. Kinda a fan of the speedway too. We enjoy the speedway noises similar to the old TTA spiel....to us, it has just become a part of what to expect to hear and listen to at Tomorrowland.....however, Tomorrowland may not be the best name for where the Speedway is :)
They could update the Speedway like they did with the Hong Kong Version...all electric cars, Futuristic landscape and settings...Make it more visually appealing....then I would not mind that it takes up enough room for several e ticket rides....lol

spacemt354

Chili's
Oh come, that's just way too easy -- I'm all too privy to how the system works here. All I have to do is be mild mannered and soft spoken and passively subscribe to the status quo, and of course, attack anyone who dares to voice a different opinion or think just slightly outside of the box -- and *wallah*, I'll be an internet rock star sensation, just like you. Right? I would, but, that's just way much too much effort.

Your first sentence claims that working the system is "just way too easy." However your last line claims that it's "just way much too much effort" to accomplish. Which is it? It seems like completely opposite responses.

Now, let's address this "defend the brand" thing. I've done no such thing, I don't take it that seriously which is quite evident by the low number of posts I have here. The posts that I have amassed over the course of *three* years, would only take three hours or so for you. For me, it's quality over quantity every time, so if I am too "extra" for you, so be it, it's not my problem if you can't relate.

You claim you don't take it that seriously yet you have psychoanalyzed our "system" to the extent that you have read each naysayer's mindset and concluded that they deliberately post a certain way to become "popular".

I cannot fathom how anyone can be emotionally distraught over something like this. I only say this because I care. Someone here needs to be honest and say, snap out of it. I adore Maelstrom as much as the next person for its history and culture -- but now the time has come to move on and learn to embrace something new. And, let's face it, these trolls horrify kids, me too. The Frozen ride will grant the entire family an opportunity to enjoy the Frozen ride together. That's all I am saying.

I come here just to have a little fun and talk about Disney with no agenda. But, you can't bare to see anyone other than yourself enjoying themselves here. So, fine. You win. I am so done with this. It's all yours, rock star.
I haven't seen one person emotionally distraught on this forum in regards to Maelstrom. I've seen people saddened, which if it was one of their favorite rides, what wouldn't they be sad? I've also seen people annoyed at the location. But emotionally distraught? Not one.

If you did come here to have a little fun, what is so fun about your post? You've insulted the integrity of one member while simultaneously generalizing the mindsets of several other members of the forum in a negative fashion.

misterID

They could update the Speedway like they did with the Hong Kong Version...all electric cars, Futuristic landscape and settings...Make it more visually appealing....then I would not mind that it takes up enough room for several e ticket rides....lol
I'll still take the several E-tickets (even one awesome new E and a couple D's, or new land) over a refurbed Speedway.

You could easily have a Frozen land and TL expansion on that plot.

Mr Anderson

Slightly off-topic, but I still wish that if they were to finally axe the Speedway, they would update it with Wreck-It Ralph as someone once suggested. Have Hero's Duty on the Tomorrowland side and Sugar Rush on the Fantasyland side as the perfect bridge (and even just retheme the cars to Sugar Rush Racers if they don't want to build a new attraction). Keep Frozen entirely in Fantasyland as far as I'm concerned.
Who cares if it's off-topic; that is an awesome suggestion!

Arty Cordova

You mean like Bill Gates and Walt Disney?
Technically Walt received many honorary degrees from Ivy League schools. I think the new Frozen ride is going to be great. My kids are very excited and they are the reason I spend the money I do in Disney. Can't wait.

PhotoDave219

Your first sentence claims that working the system is "just way too easy." However your last line claims that it's "just way much too much effort" to accomplish. Which is it? It seems like completely opposite responses.

You claim you don't take it that seriously yet you have psychoanalyzed our "system" to the extent that you have read each naysayer's mindset and concluded that they deliberately post a certain way to become "popular".

I haven't seen one person emotionally distraught on this forum in regards to Maelstrom. I've seen people saddened, which if it was one of their favorite rides, what wouldn't they be sad? I've also seen people annoyed at the location. But emotionally distraught? Not one.

If you did come here to have a little fun, what is so fun about your post? You've insulted the integrity of one member while simultaneously generalizing the mindsets of several other members of the forum in a negative fashion.

You should've seen the stuff they got deleted from last night…

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom