Disney.com or travel agent?

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
So i'm looking for everyone's thoughts and experiences with booking through Disney or a travel agent.

which is better and why?

I always book through Disney. I like the planning process. And I trust Disney. I have heard too many stories of agents dropping the ball and not getting things done the way they were supposed to. I can't handle that stress.

Upvote 0

Disney Diva

Banned
I always book through Disney. I like the planning process. And I trust Disney. I have heard too many stories of agents dropping the ball and not getting things done the way they were supposed to. I can't handle that stress.

Disney reservations is a huge call center, they also make plenty of mistakes...either way TA or Disney directly just keep an eye on things.

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Disney reservations is a huge call center, they also make plenty of mistakes...either way TA or Disney directly just keep an eye on things.

This is true. But I have heard plenty of stories where people have not been able to reach their travel agents and Disney, you can always reach.

Upvote 0

wdisneyw2000

Aug 4th 2013 check in & i've always gone thru a travel agent. This is my 7th trip & every trip has been cheaper then booking thru Disney & AAA by a couple 100 dollars. Along with no problems or issues at all.

Upvote 0

KingStefan

Love Kingdom Konsultants. I used to book direct with Disney myself, because I, too, love to do a lot of my own planning. But I've learned that KK (and other TAs, too, but I am partial to KK because of the great service I have gotten from them) watches out for deals that come up and can sometimes give good tips that it would be hard to find out about otherwise. I've always been able to reach *someone* even if your personal agent who booked you is not available.

Thanks, KK!

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

This is true. But I have heard plenty of stories where people have not been able to reach their travel agents and Disney, you can always reach.
Depends on the hour too - Disney's call center is open 7am-10pm 7 days a week; many good TA's are available via phone, email and even text more than that.

There is also something to be said for consistency - when you call the Disney Call Center, you could get one of almost 1000 CM's, with a wide degree of knowledge. sometimes with conflicting answers. With a travel agency, you should get the same agent 99% of the time and only get someone different if they are unable to take your call or email due to vacation or illness.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Love Kingdom Konsultants. I used to book direct with Disney myself, because I, too, love to do a lot of my own planning. But I've learned that KK (and other TAs, too, but I am partial to KK because of the great service I have gotten from them) watches out for deals that come up and can sometimes give good tips that it would be hard to find out about otherwise. I've always been able to reach *someone* even if your personal agent who booked you is not available.

Thanks, KK!
Absolutely so!!! Also keep in mind that we are as involved or not as you choose. I can make recommendations on attractions, restaurants, resorts etc because I have done most of them!!! Going a few times every year does help keep me up on things. I can discuss options that you may not be aware of or hadnt thought about, so having someone like that to bounce ideas off of is pretty helpful. The only item that you wont be able to do is make the payments on your trip, that HAS to go through the agency with which you book. If you want to do your own dining reservations or other itinerary planning, that is absolutely no problem!!! I hope this information is helpful!! Marie

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom