wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
DISNEY.COM BREAKS NEW GROUND STREAMING FULL-LENGTH
MOVIES ONLINE FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER
‘Wonderful World of Disney’ Films Will Hit the Web Following
ABC Television Presentation

NORTH HOLLYWOOD, Calif., Jun. 10, 2008 – Disney.com announced today that for the first time ever the site will stream full-length movies online, featuring selections from the Wonderful World of Disney. The films will first air on ABC as part of the network’s weekly Wonderful World of Disney presentation on Saturday nights throughout summer 2008. The full-length films will then be available for free streaming on Disney.com (www.Disney.com/WonderfulWorld) for the week following the network presentation (Monday – Friday).​

“Streaming full-length films on Disney.com takes our commitment to delivering world-class online entertainment to the next level,” stated Paul Yanover, executive vice president and managing director, Disney Online. “This is a wonderful partnership with ABC, and just another example of how Disney’s unmatched, high-quality content can be leveraged on multiple platforms.”
Wonderful World of Disney television and online schedule:
• “Finding Nemo” – currently available online through June 13
• “Monsters Inc.” – airs on ABC Saturday, June 14 at 8pm; available on Disney.com June 16-20
• “Haunted Mansion” – airs on ABC Saturday, June 28 at 8pm; available on Disney.com June 30-July 4
• “Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen” – airs on ABC Saturday, July 5 at 8pm; available on Disney.com July 7-11
• “Princess Diaries 2” – airs on ABC Saturday, July 12 at 8pm; available on Disney.com July 14-18
• “Freaky Friday” – airs on ABC Saturday, July 19 at 8pm; available on Disney.com July 21-25
• “Peter Pan” – airs on ABC Saturday, Aug. 2 at 8pm; available on Disney.com Aug. 4-8​

Additionally, Disney.com will stream the Disney Channel Original Movie “Camp Rock” on Monday, June 23, following its television premiere on June 20 and additional airings on ABC on June 21, and ABC Family on June 22. The Disney.com “Camp Rock” online event will include unique interactive content so fans can chat and play games while watching. Fans can also watch in a full screen experience featuring “Camp Rock” trivia and an interactive map of the camp. Visit www.Disney.com/CampRock.
About Disney Online
Disney Online (www.disney.com), a division of the Walt Disney Internet Group, produces the number one kids' entertainment and family community destination on the World Wide Web. Launched in 1996, Disney.com is the online gateway to all of the company's Disney-branded entertainment initiatives, providing comprehensive access to, and information about Disney movies, travel, television, games, mobile, music, shopping and live events. Disney.com also features Disney XD, a highly interactive broadband experience, that lets Disney.com guests create their own customized online channel with games, videos, music, and chat - all of which can be enjoyed simultaneously in an immersive environment.​

In addition, Disney Online develops and publishes a range of online products and services including Pirates of the Caribbean Online, Disney's Toontown Online, Playhouse Disney Preschool Time Online, Disney Game Downloads, Disney Game Kingdom Online, Disney Connection and Hot Shot Business.
The Walt Disney Internet Group is a unit of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE: DIS).

prberk

I would like to see The Wonderfuld World of Disney continue past the summer as a regular series again, and with a real, live host again. (Maybe Bob Iger or Drew Carey, or even ________ Van .) And put some of the classic ones online.

Paul

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
That's a fine step forward. If they were to bring back a host to ABC I hope they wouldn't over-theme it. I'd like them to reveal secrets about the movie, not have some lame subplot.

imamouse

Nice! Now, if they'll only air some of the old Wonderful World of Color shows with Walt doing the introductions. The new flicks are pretty much a part of everyone's DVD libraries. I'd like to see the shows I grew up on and share them with my children.

WildLodgeFan

I was so excited they brought the Wonderful World of Disney back! It's one of my favorite childhood memories and I enjoyed John Ratzenberger with his peek at WallE (any bets on what character he will voice this time? I loved that bit at the end of Cars that poked fun at that) and the backstage look at Disney Broadway. It gave a feel of how the old show was. Sigh, I too, wish that they would continue it past summer.

On top of it - it's bonus that they are streaming on the web as well. I think Walt would appreciate the technology leap.

darthjohnny

Nice! Now, if they'll only air some of the old Wonderful World of Color shows with Walt doing the introductions. The new flicks are pretty much a part of everyone's DVD libraries. I'd like to see the shows I grew up on and share them with my children.

I remember them saying they plan to release older TV shows and such through this format, so maybe these movies are just the first step. :)

JimboJones123

I'd spend an extra 2 hrs at my computer each week if they had a classic movie to stream online each week. Bedknobs/Broomsticks, Cat from Outer Space, 3 Cabs, Pollyanna, Toby Tyler, Dumbo. They've been slowly putting a classic or so on Toon Disney each month, but this would be SWEET. I would again be locked in for at least 2 hours and be happy to watch any ads they wanted me to watch to see some of this classic gold!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom