Disney Christmas Parade! Whats your take?

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
Much as I love Disney, I do find the parade to be even more overbearingly commercial than Macy's. And I can't stand Neil Patrick Harris (what's his appeal? He was the worst thing in that Smurf movie my nephew dragged me to see, and that's saying something).

NPH is great, I might say you'd be in a minority that dislikes him but I have nothing to back that up. Lol

Last edited:

Poly1974

For a second I thought the Magic Band was a new ride. They were hawking it so much I thought it was a new attraction.

This year's show was so painful to watch. There were no new rides for them to talk about outside of the mine train and the Test Track re-hash. I used to look forward to seeing the new rides or resorts or parks previewed on the parade show. It gets me excited for my next trip. Sadly, they don't have much to talk about because they sunk God knows how much money into MM+.

Samantha Brown has sold her soul to Disney and can no longer be taken seriously as an unbiased "travel expert". I used to enjoy her shows, but now she reminds me of an infomercial host on the travel channel at 2AM.

NPH is a good entertainer, but his schtick is getting old. He's a little over the top for my tastes. They need to find the next Regis. Someone who can balance the schtick with the polish of a professional TV host.

Nick Cannon should be banned from Disney parks after what I saw today. I was watching on DVR and fast forwarded through every segment he did.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I really like the NPH opening number, thought that was a lot of fun. The little clip of the mine ride was interesting, almost looked like they took actual footage from he ride and computer enhanced it. I would like to see that clip again.

Captain Chaos

Yep, could of done without Nick Cannon. But the WDW portion was ok.
Fixed that for ya... NPH was fine... Nick Cannon sucks ...

As for the infomercial (can't call it a parade), I stopped paying attention after 10 minutes... The infomercial as gotten worse and worse over the last few years to the point it is nearly not watchable...

Matt_Black

Fixed that for ya... NPH was fine... Nick Cannon sucks ...

As for the infomercial (can't call it a parade), I stopped paying attention after 10 minutes... The infomercial as gotten worse and worse over the last few years to the point it is nearly not watchable...

I well say that their infotainment is not nearly as good as it used to be. Remember Walt Disney World Inside Out with Scott Herriott? Yeah, that was the BOMB.

asianway

I well say that their infotainment is not nearly as good as it used to be. Remember Walt Disney World Inside Out with Scott Herriott? Yeah, that was the BOMB.
Not to get meta but...was it better because it was better or simply because the things they were showcasing of a higher quality? Was he the guy before the couch?

jrh1985

Coming from someone who just watched his first TV Christmas Parade tape from 1990(still the original tape no less!) at dinner tonight, The first 20 min and the rest of the WDW segments with the exception of the ne yo finale, were fantastic! Cannon needs to keep quiet during Christmas Fantasy!!!!!!!!! The NPH Opening was the best Opening I've seen in a LONG time! I'm impressed that WDW uses soundtracks from OUACT(of course), Jolly snow time from TDL and, for the 2nd year in a row, I’m ecstatic that they brought back “That A Merry Christmas Brings To You” which they used like everywhere in the 80’s and 90’s !!!!! I even heard a short clip from TDL’s Christmas Dreams On Parade from 2007 today! I think that was new this year. They show enough parade for me.

ONE BIG FAIL that I saw was the audio got stuck when the Bakery segment of DL Christmas Fantasy was on! And it was right at the end of Cannon’s intro to the unit which made it worse!! Maybe they need to do it live or at least go back to the Two Hosts sitting down style that gave it so much charm in the 90’s.

I’m not surprised at all about Disney Side and Magic bands. I’m very surprised that FOF was not mentioned and shocked that Olaf was in Norway! No Winter Dreams?????

Another thing is NPH and Lara did not sign off at the end. If I missed it sorry, it went right to Jingle Cruse. Then again, NBC’s Macy’s Parade’s Finale was rushed this year also so maybe that’s the new thing?

Over all not bad. Still watch it, tape it every year. I think it’s getting a little better with NPH’s opening and hearing “That A Merry Christmas Brings To You” again . Nick and NE Yo took away from it big time!

Still better than 2000 with Brady and VERY little MVMCP!

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
I thought NPH did great, he's a massive Disney fan so I'd rather see him host than Mario Lopez and his fake enthusiasm.
Agreed. I would only want Mario Lopez if Jesse Spano was hosting with him and they were in character. I dont know what to say about Nick Cannon...He is not worthy of getting to pilot the Mark VII monorail!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom