Disney Christmas Parade! Whats your take?

beachlover4444

I can't stand it. They have it so loud that often you can't hear the narration or songs. Wait, that might be a good thing.

But what's really annoying you have this canned screaming going on but the crowd pictures clearly show the crowds just kind of standing there. Disney should just play real background noise.

this was my fear. I'm so sick of Nick Cannon and all that yelling in the background. I have all the parades taped on VHS for years. The Easter and Christmas ones. Also the 4th of July specials they used to do and the new park openings. I will take the cheesy hosts and live stuff anyday. I didn't mind a few pre recorded things but it was exciting to see live weather from Florida when you are in freezing snowing Ohio. It inspired us to go and be there on an Easter and Christmas so we could get caught on camera in the parade. We were there the last time they did live with Regis there as host. We re watch those all the time. Trying to spot friends we knew were there was fun. Now it's all pre recorded. The castmembers are mostly the ones watching the parade from what I hear. I agree, newer is not always better. Hosts and such screaming at me at 10 am on Xmas morning is not my idea of fun when I cant hear a thing being said.

harryk

Had it on the TV from start to sign-off. Where was the parade? Was there a parade? I thought Macy's was bad, what with all the singing and dancing - Disney was 10 steps below Macy's. Shame Shame Shame

midwest_mice

While I enjoyed the parade aspect, there were a few things I didn't like(my own opinion remember). Neil Patrick Harris is a good actor and I think if he was given a little more ad-libbing he could probably come up with some clever lines. The parade portions were not very well edited imo either. I would really like to see the night-time Christmas parade aired some year, it would have the dreamlights in the background and would the fireworks would look nicer too
I did like the look of the DL monorail, wish they would get that new style at WDW!!

asianway

Exactly. It wasn't a parade. It was infotainment. I enjoy watching it to get a Disney fix and to see the places I wish I could be. But there was very little parade and the entertainment was meh.

My entire family let out a disgusted "Huh!" when that shot was taken at Horace. I was surprised the comment made it into the televised footage, given that NPH basically dissed a classic Disney character. Disney shouldn't have allowed that comment to air.

I have nothing against NPH, but his performance was off...especially given that it wasn't live. The jokes were okay (not great, but okay), but his timing and delivery was off. The random pauses were very awkward. The *only* reason I can come up with as to why those were what aired is because the producers wanted to introduce some imperfections to fool the audience into thinking that it is really a live airing and not pre-taped.

I can appreciate that NPH is a true Disney fan and that some think he's a good host because of that. But that doesn't necessarily mean he is qualified to host the parade (not to mention that a true Disney fan would know who Horace Horsecollar is). There are plenty of people on this board who would qualify to host if that was what is required. (Sending in my request to host next year's parade now...)
Once they assaulted Little John in primetime all bets were off

Did anyone else notice the fact that the whole point of a Christmas parade is to build up to the arrival of Santa Clause. They managed to show him for a total of 19 seconds and then immediately cut to a commercial. That just seems down rights disrespectful to me for a Christmas Day Parade....

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
For a second I thought the Magic Band was a new ride. They were hawking it so much I thought it was a new attraction.

A series of complicated, legal reasons that are far too complex for the morons of this board to begin to comprehend, Aerosmith is being re-branded as the "Magic Band". In order to complete the re-branding process the RnR pre-show is being re-done and CGI wizard hats are being super-imposed on all the band members noggins. Plus, Tyler is getting a magical staff of some type. For plot purposes, your limo is now out of gas and is instead being powered by magic. I believe this is the "Potter Swatter" we've all been waiting for.

tirian

I watched about 5 minutes and turned it off. The canned screaming, rapid-fire cuts, and lack of any true parade made the whole thing seem very much like an amateur production. Adding insult to injury, the last few parades have become more and more of an infomercial and less of any sort of seasonal celebration.

The classic Disney parades will always be special to me, but after the last three years, I reluctantly admit that we need a new Christmas parade on American television.

Last edited:

tirian

Didnt see any threads discussing this, if so, mods please move. How are you guys liking the parade so far? Any favorite or laughable parts? I thought the opening song with NPH was pretty good. "7 Dwarves, Ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-check!" Was the Samantha Brown parts what she was there filming for last month? Love to see the Disneyland Monorail also. They are pushing My Disney Side to the max. Merry Christmas from Atlanta to everyone at WDWMAGIC.COM!!!!!

My take? Boring as hell.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Did anyone else notice the fact that the whole point of a Christmas parade is to build up to the arrival of Santa Clause. They managed to show him for a total of 19 seconds and then immediately cut to a commercial. That just seems down rights disrespectful to me for a Christmas Day Parade....
I think Vader got more airtime than Santa did. I enjoyed the Star Wars additions but the whole parade didnt have much of a Christmas feel at all. I guess theyre being as PC as possible.

yensid67

I am with the few posts that liked the parades in the past, when it was a parade! I always look forward to The Disney Christmas PARADE, but I am pretty sure that this year was my last year until it becomes a parade again that showcases high school bands from around the country, like Macy's. They USED to have a visiting High School band march down the street in front of the daytime parade. IF AANY DISNEY HEADS ARE READING THIS, OUR MESSAGE IS TO TURN THAT CHRISTMAS DAY PARADE BACK INTO A PARADE AND LEAVE THE INFOMERCIAL THINGS FOR THE COMMERCIALS SEGMENTS OF THE PARADE AND AT THE VERY END...just my 2 cents worth!
FOR THE BEST CHRISTMAS 'PARADE' GO TO YOUTUBE: 2010 Disney Christmas Parade with Alan Thicke and Joan London...that was the last GOOD PARADE! Disney has done for Christmas

Have a safe and happy New Year! It's just another year to plan a
Disney vacation or buy a Disney Vacation Club...opps! That's
an UNINTENDED infomercial...SORRY!

Last edited:

luv

I thought the parade was really pretty awesome this year. Just LOVED the "Are you ready for Christmas" part. :) Enjoyed the cheerleaders, dancers, those cute little kids...almost all of it.

The fake roar of the crowd annoyed me. I talked to relatives who mentioned not liking that, too. If it is supposed to create a sense of excitement, it's doing the opposite. My relatives said they muted it a couple times because they couldn't stand it.

The wristband stuff was dumb.

The Beach Party thing wasn't great, but did have the beach balls, which were cool. That singer singing his pop song was a yawn.

I really enjoyed the Darth Vader stuff, especially at the end, on the Jungle Crusie...but I am not a Star Wars fan and would have been as happy if it had been some other villain.

It would be better if the parade seemed more like a parade than a bunch of hectic "see this, now that", but I think the male hosts did a great job, especially Doogie - he was VERY funny. It was upbeat and entertaining.

I'm glad to finally enjoy the Disney parade again!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom