Rumor Disney Characters Being Added to IASW

No Name

IaSW is still ever-popular and marketable on its own, especially among toddlers (the usual market for characters with little context), and a game of I Spy only detracts from what makes it a beloved attraction. This decision seems to stem from someone’s personal agenda to add movie IP to existing non-movie IP. However, I will say that whatever poor soul was tasked with adding the characters in DL and Tokyo did a fine job, barring certain musical changes.

Last edited:

Spash007

I thought I would hate this, but then watched a video of the Disneyland version and the way they worked the characters in was actually pretty subtly done. Just enough for a "what characters can you find?" game.

Any idea on a timeline for this? It looks like Tokyo was down for about a year - so I'd think this would be somewhat similar?

Touchdown

They have the doll models done from other attractions (other then a few new ones I’m sure they would add like Moana and Coco) so I don’t see how this would take a year.

Surferboy567

The characters at DL version didn't really bother me as much as I thought they would. I seem to remember thinking that only the Woody character seemed truly out of place. If this means the attraction is also getting some much-needed love, I'm all for it!

I actually really liked the placement of the woody (and I think Jessie)

jt04

This is fine I guess... but if WDW's 50th celebration turns into 'We're giving you the same stuff that various other parks have had for a while', then we're shaping up for a massive disappointment.

Yes, they should have at least added 4 new E Tickets and a D ticket at the very least.

Oh, wait. They have. And new nighttime shows etc etc.

tirian

IaSW is still ever-popular and marketable on its own, especially among toddlers (the usual market for characters with little context), and a game of I Spy only detracts from what makes it a beloved attraction. This decision seems to stem from someone’s personal agenda to add movie IP to existing non-movie IP. However, I will say that whatever poor soul was tasked with adding the characters in DL and Tokyo did a fine job, barring certain musical changes.

Rant against the decisions, not against you:

Because everyone knows when Walt said, “It was all started by a mouse,” he meant, “Shove cartoon IPs into everything we do instead of creating new attractions that live on their own.”

That’s what he did, right? Isn’t that why IASW, the COP, the Matterhorn, the Jungle Cruise, and the Tiki Room were full of cartoon characters? Because the man who created the company wanted the same old faces shoved into everything? Right?

If today’s execs had created the company, we would have endless cycles of sequels, remakes, and merch based on a handful of movies made twenty years ago.

Oh, wait.

(BTW, I agree with you that Imagineers responsible for the merch-mandated additions did a pretty good job.)

Last edited:

eddie104

I’m all for refurbishing existing attractions but I’m trying to figure if this and supposedly other rides get some much needed love will several be down for the next year ?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom