Rumor Disney Characters Being Added to IASW

HoldenC

This is seriously such a minuscule addition that I have no idea why the purists on these boards are hyperventilating. But they have to be offended over something all the time. There are bigger fish to fry when it comes to IP invasion and this ain't one of them.

Animaniac93-98

It’s good enough for Tokyo and everyone lectures us on how Tokyo is perfect.

What makes Tokyo Disney stand out is its commitment to show quality, cleanliness and customer service. OLC also doesn't shy away from big spending as seen in their frequent parade and show updates, and the current expansion plans for both parks.

However, that does not make them immune to criticism or poor creative decisions. Turning Storm Rider into Nemo and Friends Sea Rider is another example of how the broader IP trend is influencing the Japanese parks too. Tokyo Disneyland alone now has three attractions featuring Stitch which in itself is ridiculous.

When I first rode the Tokyo Small World earlier this year I made a post on the forum saying what I did and din't like about it and decided WDW was still the better version.

eddie104

What makes Tokyo Disney stand out is its commitment to show quality, cleanliness and customer service. OLC also doesn't shy away from big spending as seen in their frequent parade and show updates, and the current expansion plans for both parks.
This is both parks first major expansion since they opened so I wouldn't give them too much credit and yes the new stuff looks nice but let's not act like Tokyo is reinventing the wheel.

No Name

It’s good enough for Tokyo and everyone lectures us on how Tokyo is perfect.

Just because people praise OLC because they do a whole lot of things well doesn’t mean they’re flawless, or people suggest they’re flawless, and you know that. Are you trolling now?

This is both parks first major expansion since they opened so I wouldn't give them too much credit and yes the new stuff looks nice but let's not act like Tokyo is reinventing the wheel.

They haven’t had to put much work into either park because they built them well from the start. Something that can’t be said for any other Disney park since DLP. So yes, I will give them a ton of credit for that.

eddie104

They haven’t had to put much work into either park because they built them well from the start. Something that can’t be said for any other Disney park since DLP. So yes, I will give them a **** ton of credit for that.
I mean DLP didn't have a very good start so I wouldn't say perfect as far as planning goes but theming and the landscaping is definitely some of the best Disney has done.

PizzaPlanet

I've ridden the DL version with the added characters, and to be honest it didn't really bother me. It was subtle enough that you could easily miss them if you didn't recognize the characters or were looking in another direction.

From what I've seen of the updated Tokyo version, it seems like it might be more "in your face" with the characters, which could be concerning. Now the first thing you see in the ride is a shrine to one of the company's biggest franchises, and it seems almost impossible to miss.

the.dreamfinder

I've ridden the DL version with the added characters, and to be honest it didn't really bother me. It was subtle enough that you could easily miss them if you didn't recognize the characters or were looking in another direction.

From what I've seen of the updated Tokyo version, it seems like it might be more "in your face" with the characters, which could be concerning. Now the first thing you see in the ride is a shrine to one of the company's biggest franchises, and it seems almost impossible to miss.
View attachment 397616
It’s not an issue of “it didn’t bother me” or “if Tokyo did it, then it’s fine”. It’s an issue of attractions as an art form, which is still a minority perspective, even among fans, and should we be touching a masterpiece in a way that alters the attraction in a considerable way?

AndyS2992

The old one was hideous whereas the new one is beautiful. I do have a complaint about the new one however, it is called 'Small World Station' and themed to a train station when the ride is a boat ride known as the 'Happiest Cruise that ever sailed' so why was it not called Small World Harbour or something? Bugs me a little.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom