News Disney CEO Bob Iger says raising park prices and increasing capacity is not smart and criticizes previous policies

Fabrisio25

First, they take away sorcerers of the magic kingdom then they decide to take away happily ever after. Bob Iger and Bob Chepik, both have no idea what it’s like to be Walt, if Walt was alive and saw this message going on in his own company, he would’ve been outraged. As a head as a Disney historian, I cannot imagine what absolute disgrace it is to D in the parks going to the parks 13 years in a row, and then going by myself ever since my mother passed away that has been a lot are the attractions disappearing and being replaced with IP that does not need to be there. I am very much angry with the Disney company as it stands. I want everything returned as it was before the pandemic. Return the card game in the magic, kingdom sorcerers, then take out enchantment and replace it with happily ever after then bring back fast pass and get rid of the genie plus. As someone who has a mental and physical disability, genie plus does not help in my case. Before the pandemic and before genie plus, it was much easier to have fast pass so I could have my day and enjoy my day. Now that things are disappearing, being retired and other rides, attractions, games, they have been there for 10+ years. I cannot believe that both Bob Iger and Bob Shea Peck had the nerve to take away something that has been there for 20+ years, will they ever learn that the guest they have been coming since either in 1990 or in my case 2006. I will never cease to have both CEOs in this case Bob Iger understand my case of being a strict Disney historian.

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
First, they take away sorcerers of the magic kingdom then they decide to take away happily ever after. Bob Iger and Bob Chepik, both have no idea what it’s like to be Walt, if Walt was alive and saw this message going on in his own company, he would’ve been outraged. As a head as a Disney historian, I cannot imagine what absolute disgrace it is to D in the parks going to the parks 13 years in a row, and then going by myself ever since my mother passed away that has been a lot are the attractions disappearing and being replaced with IP that does not need to be there. I am very much angry with the Disney company as it stands. I want everything returned as it was before the pandemic. Return the card game in the magic, kingdom sorcerers, then take out enchantment and replace it with happily ever after then bring back fast pass and get rid of the genie plus. As someone who has a mental and physical disability, genie plus does not help in my case. Before the pandemic and before genie plus, it was much easier to have fast pass so I could have my day and enjoy my day. Now that things are disappearing, being retired and other rides, attractions, games, they have been there for 10+ years. I cannot believe that both Bob Iger and Bob Shea Peck had the nerve to take away something that has been there for 20+ years, will they ever learn that the guest they have been coming since either in 1990 or in my case 2006. I will never cease to have both CEOs in this case Bob Iger understand my case of being a strict Disney historian.
Gone, the Disney values are. Consumed by the dark side(Wall Street) they are #yoda

JoeCamel

SotMK had a finite lifespan from the beginning when the decision was made not to expand the game. The developer moved on and there wasn't anyone to champion it's expense so it rotted in stasis. They could add the animations for the party cards but not change or expand the mission so as the hardware (expensive to maintain) aged and failed the game died with it. It was not a direct revenue producer due to all the cast involved with the front and back ends so not a management darling due to it's drag on the bottom line.

ninet930thTA

He won't change it though.
Isn't it funny how the man who in his 15 years built 1 value resort and 1 moderate resort while building 6 dvc properties and 4 deluxe resorts is talking about the company not being accessible.

He blasts chapeks previous policies but took credit for the outstanding financial results that came from those policies just a week ago when they reported 4th quarter earnings.

Drdcm

My husband and I were just talking about how we could never afford to take our son to Disney. I feel like every kid should get to experience it once. But we would have to take out a second mortgage to go. It's ridiculous. So the way things are my son won't ever see it unless he makes enough to take his own kids one day.
I’m sorry to hear that. FWIW, you can travel to much better places (Hawaii, Europe, Asia) for less than Disney (we usually did a week at Disney). You’ll make memories that are just as rich. When they went downhill, we started doing other stuff for vacations and don’t regret it.

Now, we might go to Disney for two days. Usually to do a holiday party and only if it coincides with visiting my parents in FL. Haven’t been since the start of the 50th and will probably take a few years off. Canceled our upcoming trip as well because of the outrageous cost and concern for layoffs in my wife’s field of work.

Ayla

My husband and I were just talking about how we could never afford to take our son to Disney. I feel like every kid should get to experience it once. But we would have to take out a second mortgage to go. It's ridiculous. So the way things are my son won't ever see it unless he makes enough to take his own kids one day.
There are A LOT of things the majority of kids won't/don't get to experience. I was one of them.

My kids were fortunate to have the opportunity to go to Disney many times.

MR.Dis

Somehow I feel another round of ticket price increases is about to drop…
I believe Igor stated in the last earning call that there is not going to be a ticket price increase in the near future. Of course that does not mean that they may increase Genie prices or food/merchandise prices. It seems Disney's appetite for revenue is never ending.

Lil Copter Cap

Unfortunately, no matter what is said, we all know (and with Disney's acknowledgment) that the Parks segment is actually bringing in a consistent profit while other sectors of the business are losing billions. AKA, they're going to absolutely milk the Parks for as much as they can regardless of what is said.

Guests with goodwill toward and fondness for the brand can only go so far and I don't know how much further Disney can push it (especially since initiatives like back peddling on something like free overnight resort parking has rolled out).

erasure fan1

I believe Igor stated in the last earning call that there is not going to be a ticket price increase in the near future. Of course that does not mean that they may increase Genie prices or food/merchandise prices. It seems Disney's appetite for revenue is never ending.
Yea Iger can be trusted as far as you can throw him. He will find new ways to nickel and dime and then claim how he's lowering costs. The guy who has never had an issue with pushing costs until the doors fall off is going to magically change his philosophy? No chance. The king of less for more will find a way.

Lilofan

Yea Iger can be trusted as far as you can throw him. He will find new ways to nickel and dime and then claim how he's lowering costs. The guy who has never had an issue with pushing costs until the doors fall off is going to magically change his philosophy? No chance. The king of less for more will find a way.
I'm still looking for the " external " candidate list to be TWDC CEO. I think it is not in existence but if one knows more please advise and the names of the candidates.

Andrew25

Increasing capacity at the park is not busy. There's a short term somewhat cheap option with replacing/renovating currently existing areas, and then more expensive long-term solutions like adding new attractions/lands.

Using Epcot as an example, it actually has great capacity, but it falters in a lot of that capacity being underutilized. Mission Space has very low demand, but a pretty good theoretical hourly capacity for an E-ticket, but the demand it gets is mostly in the D almost C-ticket level. Same for Figment, that ride system has great throughput, but its current state doesn't draw the demand. If they can upgrade Figment to be a "must-do" E-Ticket, it should alleviate some of the congestion in Norway & France.

The only park at WDW that uses space somewhat efficiently is DAK, it just needs more attractions added.

celluloid

? FoP has a pretty good capacity. It’s just wildly popular but that stand by line moves pretty fast.
It has a terrible capacity for WDW standards of a Motion Simulator. Less than Soarin' and Star Tours or Simpsons at Universal. And that is when all seats are operational. Then River Journey terrible for a calm boat ride of WDW.

It's popularity amplifies the problem.

Last edited:

Touchdown

It has a terrible capacity for WDW standards of a Motion Simulator. Less than Soarin' and Star Tours or Simpsons. And that is when all seats are operational.

It's popularity amplifies the problem.
16 per row x 3 rows per screen x 2 screens=96 riders per cycle, film is 4.5 min, give 90 seconds for load/unload. 8.5x96=822 riders per hour. No way does Simpsons have that capacity, that line moves much slower.

celluloid

16 per row x 3 rows per screen x 2 screens=96 riders per cycle, film is 4.5 min, give 90 seconds for load/unload. 8.5x96=822 riders per hour. No way does Simpsons have that capacity, that line moves much slower.
Your math is all sorts of wonky.
FoP THRC is 1600. It rarely hits that.

The Simpsons Ride's THRC is 2,000.

Neither often hit close to theirs, but FoP is in fact a lot lower. Terrible capacity for the system it is and where it is. The demand only amplifies the issue.

You say that is pretty good capacity, it's the lowest of Disney's motion simulators and lower than most other WDW big attractions, even within the same park of Animal Kingdom.

Touchdown

Your math is all sorts of wonky.
FoP THRC is 1600. It rarely hits that.

The Simpsons Ride's THRC is 2,000.

Neither often hit close to theirs, but FoP is in fact a lot lower. Terrible capacity for the system it is and where it is. The demand only amplifies the issue.

You say that is pretty good capacity, it's the lowest of Disney's motion simulators and lower than most other WDW big attractions, even within the same park of Animal Kingdom.
AK is the king of high capacity rides at the moment, the Safari is in a class of its own, Everest is one of the most efficient coasters anywhere, Dinosaur is also no slouch. Kali must have worse capacity though as does NRJ. The only reason FOP is the lowest capacity sim is because Soarin has 3 screens. DCA Soarin I would guess has similar capacity. Star Tours rarely runs all its theatres.

celluloid

AK is the king of high capacity rides at the moment, the Safari is in a class of its own, Everest is one of the most efficient coasters anywhere, Dinosaur is also no slouch. Kali must have worse capacity though as does NRJ. The only reason FOP is the lowest capacity sim is because Soarin has 3 screens. DCA Soarin I would guess has similar capacity. Star Tours rarely runs all its theatres.

Yes, all of them are great for what they offer except for FoP and River Journey. One of the lowest E tickets of the resort. Even Kali has a higher capacity than FoP and is a water thrill ride which reduces demand compared to an E tickets simulator. So you are wrong there too. Triceratops Spin prob has lowest capacity, but it meets the demand well.

FoP is rarely running all seats either. Due to either staffing or mechanical. Give it a rest dude. The fact is fact. It's not a good capacity for WDW's previous set standards and it is amplified by demand. My original post you question marked remains true.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom