News Disney CEO Bob Iger says raising park prices and increasing capacity is not smart and criticizes previous policies

sedati

Mission Space has very low demand, but a pretty good theoretical hourly capacity for an E-ticket, but the demand it gets is mostly in the D almost C-ticket level.
I'm telling you, green was a good idea (though I haven't been on it) but they should at least try a more extreme Mission Red for the thrill junkies and see how it goes over.

MickeyLuv'r

No park that I know of anywhere in the country has an advertised price of $45. Add at least $10 probably $20.
Lakemont Amusement Park In Altoona, PA. They are a seasonal park, but 2022 prices for all day unlimited rides was $19.95, with a group rate of $15.95, plus a pay-per-ride option, where most rides were $2-3.

It is not a big park, but it IS home to the oldest (operating) wooden coaster. (Though I should mention it was not in continuous operation. It was restored and reopened.) It is a National Historic Landmark, and was built in 1902. It was featured on a history of roller coasters documentary I watched some years ago.

Knoebel's, in Elysburg PA still offers FREE park admission. They offer a ride all day unlimited pass for $50, or pay-per ride $2-$4, with some kiddie rides only $1.50. They also offer some historic rides, including 2 wooden coasters (one dates originally to 1947.) they have a 100-year-old carrousel, tea cups, and an Astro Orbiter.

It is a shame if you have not heard of these two parks due to their historical value.

Touchdown

Lakemont Amusement Park In Altoona, PA. They are a seasonal park, but 2022 prices for all day unlimited rides was $19.95, with a group rate of $15.95, plus a pay-per-ride option, where most rides were $2-3.

It is not a big park, but it IS home to the oldest (operating) wooden coaster. (Though I should mention it was not in continuous operation. It was restored and reopened.) It is a National Historic Landmark, and was built in 1902. It was featured on a history of roller coasters documentary I watched some years ago.

Knoebel's, in Elysburg PA still offers FREE park admission. They offer a ride all day unlimited pass for $50, or pay-per ride $2-$4, with some kiddie rides only $1.50. They also offer some historic rides, including 2 wooden coasters (one dates originally to 1947.) they have a 100-year-old carrousel, tea cups, and an Astro Orbiter.

It is a shame if you have not heard of these two parks due to their historical value.
I’ve heard of both, visited one. Knoebels is over $45 for unlimited rides. I didn’t realize Lakemont was that cheap, but it’s an outlier.

Lilofan

My husband and I were just talking about how we could never afford to take our son to Disney. I feel like every kid should get to experience it once. But we would have to take out a second mortgage to go. It's ridiculous. So the way things are my son won't ever see it unless he makes enough to take his own kids one day.
I never went to Disney when I was a child. Life went on and I went to WDW for the first time in my early 20s

Disstevefan1

7ah5w8.jpg
🏆

Tom P.

There are other examples like that too. Family Kingdom in Myrtle Beach offers free admission. Unlimited ride wristbands are $32.95 while individual ride tickets are $1.15 with between 3-5 tickets being needed per ride. Of course, no one's claiming that Family Kingdom is Walt Disney World or King's Island, but it's a fun little amusement park that is inexpensive.

celluloid

Does anyone else still laugh every time they see the title of this thread? Iger throwing Chapek (who he hand selected to take his place and barely gave up control to) under the bus for being like him

Yeah. It shows how much of an idiot he takes everyone for. He came back before, and had hand picked this guy and was only gone for less than a thousand days.

The guy sure is a piece of work.

UNCgolf

It has a terrible capacity for WDW standards of a Motion Simulator. Less than Soarin' and Star Tours or Simpsons at Universal. And that is when all seats are operational. Then River Journey terrible for a calm boat ride of WDW.

It's popularity amplifies the problem.

Yeah, I'm a pretty big fan of NRJ (I think it's probably the best C ticket at WDW), but seems like they could have just made the boats bigger and increased capacity.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom