News Disney CEO Bob Chapek hails the metaverse as 'the next great storytelling frontier' and sets up a new team at Disney to create new experiences

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

1645023820369.gif

Surferboy567

Well... I hate Chapek...
But I own an Oculus Quest 2 and it's probably the best purchase I've ever made, so I'm kinda excited - it's about time Disney made some VR experiences
I have to agree with this, more VR experiences would be great the Star Wars experiences have been cool.

….that being said everyone else here is right, it’s Chapek so their is probably something else at play here. The single player experiences have been cool so far though. They should be focusing on the parks, not opening up these weird initiatives. I am definitely hoping more single player VR Disney based games come.

Nottamus

So this should be fun.

I’m sure there will be meta stuff you can ONLY access from in a park..for a fee

So instead of people with their faces in their phones running into each other, it will be with Oculus headsets on. Can’t wait

Disneyson

…does this mean they’re bringing back VMK? Because, despite whatever gobbledygook Chapek says to make this seem like this was his original idea, I would enjoy that.

Rbenz81

Instead of this VR BS, could we get the parks adequately staffed or actual park/ride maintenance done on a routine basis before any new ventures are announced. Heck, how about replacing the aging Monorails first!!! There is so much more that would make excited than the Metaverse. What is the Metaverse anyways? And I sure as hell ain't using it to go on vacation. Somebody must be smoking something in their government smoke kit.............

91JLovesDisney

I have to agree with this, more VR experiences would be great the Star Wars experiences have been cool.

….that being said everyone else here is right, it’s Chapek so their is probably something else at play here. The single player experiences have been cool so far though. They should be focusing on the parks, not opening up these weird initiatives. I am definitely hoping more single player VR Disney based games come.
Right... even just like, ride-thrus or 360 media would be a start. Idk.

I'm not saying there aren't better things to do with Disney's time and money, but I am looking forward to this all the same!

91JLovesDisney

So this should be fun.

I’m sure there will be meta stuff you can ONLY access from in a park..for a fee

So instead of people with their faces in their phones running into each other, it will be with Oculus headsets on. Can’t wait
You think this is going to replace going to the parks?
VR is fun but it could never replace the real world.

Lilofan

I figured from what we have learned about how social media works, people would understand stuff like this is an unhealthy way to live...mentally and physically. 🤷‍♂️
Social media to access information is a heck of a lot easier than going to your local library and researching items on microfilm ( if one is old enough to remember ).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom