Disney Buying LucasFilm! WHOA

GeorgiaPinesRJB

Also, new movie?! Maybe they can make it about the Thrawn Trilogy?! Oh man oh man oh man! Disney has a golden opportunity for a new attraction and take the sour taste out of my mouth for Episodes 1 and 2.

tman2000

This is a big deal because instead offsetting permission to build an more substantial park area off of Lucas' old franchises, they can actually now freely create new content for those franchises and the profits for media, merchandise, and park tickets all are theirs.

THIS GUARANTEES an expanded lucasland. While amazing that Disney owns Star Wars and will make new movies, they ALSO own Indiana Jones.

WOW.

Cue Death Star blowing up Harry Potter.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I can't calm my mind down. I feel like Padme just gave birth to Disney's new hope.

So, in that case, who is Padme? I want to know who I direct this to when she gives up the will to live:

vader-nooooo.jpg

GeorgiaPinesRJB

This is a big deal because instead offsetting permission to build an more substantial park area off of Lucas' old franchises, they can actually now freely create new content for those franchises and the profits for media, merchandise, and park tickets all are theirs.

THIS GUARANTEES an expanded lucasland. While amazing that Disney owns Star Wars and will make new movies, they ALSO own Indiana Jones.

WOW.

Cue Death Star blowing up Harry Potter.

If I had Photoshop I so would...

DznyRktekt

Think of the amazing things that could be produced with a fraction of the money spent on this and the Marvel purchase. Disney "streamlined" its imagineering division years back and now many of those creative minds work for Universal.

Clocker84

None of our insiders saw THIS coming. I mean, we've all prattled on and on
about it, but with the flurry of insider posting in the past week or so, I didn't
see one hint (please point it out explicitly if there was one, with link).

There's inside, and then there's inside.

Well yes, a decision like this is only made with a hand full of top execs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom