Disney Buying LucasFilm! WHOA

flynnibus

Premium Member
Re: Indiana Jones..

On the Conf call they are saying they didn't associate a value with the IJ franchise because of the previous contract deals on that property. Basically, someone (Paramount) already has long term hooks in that property (at least films) that would be expensive to buy out.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Disney is going to hire a group of good writers who will start the entire Star Wars Universe from scratch. All the previous Star Wars stuff will be explained away as a bad dream.

Why throw away what's been created over the past 30 years? Disney is about opportunity and making money - what better opportunity to make money than off the backs of those who have created a fairly decent SW Universe? The source material is already there, a few tweaks and voila! I smell at least one or two story arcs that would keep the SW movie franchise going for over a decade. Tack on a TV show or two... Disney will be essentially printing money, as long as they don't screw it up, ala Lucas and Episode I.

Monkee Girl

I just read the news and had to come here! I was almost wondering if it was some sort of joke but if it is serious, I am very VERY excited...don't know about the future Star Wars movies (not a prequel fan) but the idea of more star wars in the parks (not a fan of Avatar either, lol) is very awesome to me.

Mawg

…Still in shock …but wasn’t Lucas working on a prime time star wars TV show and put it off because the technology wasn’t ready yet to make it cost effective? Maybe that wasn’t his reason all along. Maybe he’s been looking to sell to Disney for a while now and didn’t want to start something he was just going to sell. Now, do you think Disney will approach this project?

I’m excited by the idea that I will be able to take my now 3 and 6 year old boys to a Star Wars movie but also afraid that the franchise will be slaughtered.

This is great for the Parks but I’m not sure about the movies. I’ll just have to wait and see but I’ll stay optimistic and hope that Disney can do this right.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom