Disney Buying LucasFilm! WHOA

wiigirl

NICE!
75.gif

flynnibus

Premium Member
I don't think this will put Carsland (or Avatarland) on the back burner at all. Nothing was stopping them from adding more Star Wars and INdy attractions before.George wasn't standing in the way. This will get us more merch, tv shows, DVD animation films and movies. That's what I see.

I would think it would be good reason to reevaluate that spend. People will be looking for a return on that 4b... and dumping money into another 3rd party project when you just expanded yours sounds curious.. and spending to duplicate an experience in a movie park when you just bought the biggest movie/merch franchise out there..

One might speculate even this being considered is one reason Disney may play hardball with Avatar and move slowly...

lebeau

Yeah, some of my friends are freaking out about this, they seem to think that disney now owning lucasfilms will make it turn into like Star Wars: The Musical or something. When trying to explain that even though they have marvel, they've done nothing but improve it my friends seem to not listen :p

Well, there is the Hyperspace Hoopla...

dreamscometrue

Episode 7?!?! How are they going to pull that off?! All the actors are in there sixtys! Plus none of them would want to come back...Maybe Legacy era? Plus I don't know what Disney is going to do with the EU since Episode 7 is coming out... I just don't like this...

I dunno...Darth Vader never seems to age, but maybe it's just me.

Pentacat

I guess he got sick of disappointing his fans for decades and decided a 4 billion dollar payday didn't sound so bad.

Lol. First scene of Star Wars VIII, dream sequence flashbacks of Episode 1-3....Yoda wakes up in his hut on Degobah. Err... was that? Ghost of Obi Wan appears and is like dude I had some crazy dream, must have been a massive disturbance in the force. Yoda agrees and walks out to greet Luke and R2D2 after their crash landing. Flash Forward to dancing Ewoks....damage repaired.

Classic Soap Opera trick. It worked on Dallas.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom