Disney Buying LucasFilm! WHOA

Clever Name

Disney is going to hire a group of good writers who will start the entire Star Wars Universe from scratch. All the previous Star Wars stuff will be explained away as a bad dream.

doctornick

I would not be too sure... Have to wait and see... CLONE WARS... Now does that get pulled from Cartoon Network and moved to the DISNEY Channel?

Would depend on contracts, but it's not that odd in the industry for a company to provide content for a competitor.

(Heck, just look at the whole Marvel at Universal situation.)

ChrisM

NOOOO!!! This has to go into DHS! UNI could have made HP one park, but they needed something in IOA. DHS needs something!

For several good reasons, we aren't going to see a fifth gate any time soon, if ever; the primary reasons being (1) the unnecessary expenditures for additional infrastructure that an additional gate would require (as opposed to simply expanding an existing park) and (2) the difficulty that would create in guests choosing which gates to visit during their trips.

I would expect an expansion or serious reformatting of existing areas in DHS to accomodate a more robust Stars Wars Land.

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
Almost all of me says this is like Reese's Peanut Butter and chocolate together, a blending of two wonderful things from my childhood. Along with this amazing feeling of euphoria, I also have subtle nagging feelings of concern that Disney could mess this up or not reach the full potential. I'm enjoying the buzz now but I fear a hangover! To heck with it though, I'm going to seize the moment and party like a rock star and celebrate the potential.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom