Disney buses

fosse76

I'm not staying at a Disney resort. Is it still possible for me to use their buses so I don't have to pay for parking?

Where do you plan on leaving your car? If you park at a resort you run the risk of being towed. Technically, only resort guests, Annual Passholders, and day guests with Park Hoppers are allowed to use the busses. However, they don't have any way of verifying that information.

Upvote 0

mickeysshoes

I have not even seen the new uniforms but i miss the "the men in the purple pants" already!!! I looked forward to see the purple pants on very trip.

Upvote 0

gardenia

I don't know about purple pants. But I do know there are no buses from DTD directly to the parks anymore, because of past abuse by folks too cheap to pay for parking.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

I'm not staying at a Disney resort. Is it still possible for me to use their buses so I don't have to pay for parking?

While some will tell you ways around the system, free parking is a priviledge for those who have paid a premium to stay on property or use an annual pass. You can use the Disney buses to take you around to different destinations around property, but if you are staying at an offisite hotel the ethical thing to do is pay for parking each day.

Upvote 0

nepalostparks

Is it possible? Yes. Is it worth the hassle? If you're that strapped for cash and want to waste all of the extra time involved (and risk getting towed if you are parking at a resort). Is it ethical? Not really.

Upvote 0

SOLISIMO

Motel 6 = $69.00 night

Sneaking on property for free parking = $0.00

Packing peanut butter lunch and pringles = $1.50

Comming back out and and calling security bc your car is missing but then actually finding out it was towed and having to pay:
hook up fee = $75.00
$2.00 a mile for tow = $6.00
Storage Fee = $150.00
To a total of $231.00

Priceless!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

tampabrad

If you are park hopping, you pay at the first park. As long as you keep your parking voucher, you won't have to pay at the other parks.

Parking at the resorts is not allowed, you can get towed if you don't have a resort parking permit. Parking at DTD isn't worth it.

Avaiding paying for parking is a huge waste of time. Probably anywhere from 30 minutes up to 2 hours of added travel time.

Upvote 0
You can park at DTD and take a bus to a resort, and a bus from the resort to the theme park of your choosing.

IMHO, it isn't worth the hassle. Once you pay the $10 for parking, you're welcome to use the Disney transportation system to hop from park to park, and at the end of the day, you have your car waiting for you. Otherwise, it's 10 PM and the MK fireworks have just let out, and you're taking a bus to a resort, only to stand in line to take the bus to DTD, only to get in your car to drive back to your hotel.

Too much work for me!

On another thought, it still irritates me that because of people choosing to do just that, I can no longer get to DTD from a theme park. Days when we've got reservations at DTD and we'd like to stay at the parks as long as possible, I still have to allow an hour and a half to go to a resort, to wait for yet ANOTHER bus and then go to DTD. Grrrr.

Upvote 0

cattle

bypassing the mk toll plaza

isn't there a road to the right of the plaza, on the other side of the tolls that can be accessed from off property.

further, couldn't one enter property through the back roads behind Disney University and access the TTC lot from there.

Upvote 0

nibblesandbits

You can park at DTD and take a bus to a resort, and a bus from the resort to the theme park of your choosing.

IMHO, it isn't worth the hassle. Once you pay the $10 for parking, you're welcome to use the Disney transportation system to hop from park to park, and at the end of the day, you have your car waiting for you. Otherwise, it's 10 PM and the MK fireworks have just let out, and you're taking a bus to a resort, only to stand in line to take the bus to DTD, only to get in your car to drive back to your hotel.

Too much work for me!

On another thought, it still irritates me that because of people choosing to do just that, I can no longer get to DTD from a theme park. Days when we've got reservations at DTD and we'd like to stay at the parks as long as possible, I still have to allow an hour and a half to go to a resort, to wait for yet ANOTHER bus and then go to DTD. Grrrr.
Actually parking is more in the $14 range now...

Upvote 0

CaptainAshley

You didn't here it from me, but I've never heard of the security guys turning cars away from resort gates when they say they're there to try a certain resort restaurant. Just don't say you have reservations because they keep a checklist.

Upvote 0

SOLISIMO

I cant believe that some people here actually are giving him/her advice on this. So I have to pay for all the perks when I stay on property for myself and now them, gee no wonder the price keeps going up. Never mind must be an Obama thing:rolleyes:

Upvote 0

Stellajack

Premium Member

First off, "welcome to WDWMAGIC". Lots of folks on here are really very nice and usually give you straight answers right away. On the other hand, some have been on the board all day and are a little bug-eyed and short-tempered right now.

As others have already stated, you DO need to pay for your day's parking once, keep your receipt and you will not have to pay another parking fee if you choose to go to another park. As a guest, off site or on, you are free to use buses, monorails, boats, etc. :wave:

Upvote 0

JohnLocke

Too much work for me!

When did they quit taking you from a park to DTD? I thought you could probably still do that, but they wouldn't take you from DTD to a park.

Upvote 0

Nemo14

I call troll on this one!

picture.php

Upvote 0

NYwdwfan

When did they quit taking you from a park to DTD? I thought you could probably still do that, but they wouldn't take you from DTD to a park.

I was there in November last year and had to take a bus from AK to SSR and walk to DTD since there was no direct bus. The busdriver said it was a 5 minute walk but in my new flip flops I bought because my sneakers got soaked on KRR it seemed like HOURS.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom