Disney buses

JohnLocke

I was there in November last year and had to take a bus from AK to SSR and walk to DTD since there was no direct bus. The busdriver said it was a 5 minute walk but in my new flip flops I bought because my sneakers got soaked on KRR it seemed like HOURS.

Ok, I was there a year and a half ago and I thought there was a direct bus to DTD, I may have been wrong, though.

Upvote 0

JohnLocke

Could have changed in between our trips - or maybe depends on time of year/crowds? All I know is a direct but certainly would have been nice!!

Yeah, like I said, I really can't remember if there was a direct bus at that time, but I think it is possible that they probably just changed within the last year or so. Since people that are going to try to scam them will do it anyway, I think running a bus only from the parks to DTD would make sense, just have a POP or another resort's bus in that area make the trip and then take the DTD people to the resort.

Upvote 0

Spike-in-Berlin

Sorry but I hope you are towed if you try. I pay a lot to stay in these Disney Resorts and I don't like it when day guests are even to cheap to pay these 12 bucks or whatever for parking legally and Disney reacts by canceling some important bus lines due to misuse. I would understand it a little more if the parking fee would be more substantial. I was shocked when I heard that my Miami Beach hotel for my trip this summer (Fontainebleau) takes 32! $ for parking a DAY!. But 12 or so bucks? Ease up a little.

Upvote 0

Evil Genius

I cant believe that some people here actually are giving him/her advice on this. So I have to pay for all the perks when I stay on property for myself and now them, gee no wonder the price keeps going up. Never mind must be an Obama thing:rolleyes:

Why make this a politcal thing? Just not appropriate or necessary.

It does bother me that because day guests and others have found "loop holes" in the bus system and as such has created a stuation where Disney's hand was basically forced into these sort of restrictions.

As many have stated...pay the daily 14 bucks to park and you can use it all day! It isn't that steep an expense (and I'm a cheapskate!) and you won't have the added concern during the day of whether or not you've been towed.

In the end, is it really worth the hassle? I would say no.

Upvote 0

NYwdwfan

I have a different type of parking question. I am staying at Poly in December for a week and my cousin is going for 3 days and staying at POR. Her last day will be Monday, and we have ADRs at Hoop Dee Doo and its EMH at MK. Can she check out from POR Monday morning and park at Poly for the day (instead of leaving her car at POR) so we can spend the day together and when she leaves MK can take the monorail back to the hotel with us and drive home from there? Or should she leave her car at POR and take the bus back there from MK in the evening? Would Poly let another on-site resort guest use their parking lot - or could she use the parking pass associated with my room (I am flying and taking DME)?

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I have a different type of parking question. I am staying at Poly in December for a week and my cousin is going for 3 days and staying at POR. Her last day will be Monday, and we have ADRs at Hoop Dee Doo and its EMH at MK. Can she check out from POR Monday morning and park at Poly for the day (instead of leaving her car at POR) so we can spend the day together and when she leaves MK can take the monorail back to the hotel with us and drive home from there? Or should she leave her car at POR and take the bus back there from MK in the evening? Would Poly let another on-site resort guest use their parking lot - or could she use the parking pass associated with my room (I am flying and taking DME)?
It is really going to depend on when in December you will be traveling. If it is during the last two weeks then there is a very good chance that they will not even be allowed to park there without a dining or room reservation. The easiest solution would be for them to park at the TTC, which they can do for free as a resort guest, and from there they can walk to the Poly.

Upvote 0
Actually parking is more in the $14 range now...

Wowza. (That's right - I pulled out an Inspector Gadget reference.) A little greedy Disney? :shrug:

Ok, I was there a year and a half ago and I thought there was a direct bus to DTD, I may have been wrong, though.

I would say since about 4 years ago they cut off DTD busses to the parks both ways...every once in a while I'll see a nice driver take some individuals, but too many people were abusing the system.

Why make this a politcal thing? Just not appropriate or necessary.

It does bother me that because day guests and others have found "loop holes" in the bus system and as such has created a stuation where Disney's hand was basically forced into these sort of restrictions.

As many have stated...pay the daily 14 bucks to park and you can use it all day! It isn't that steep an expense (and I'm a cheapskate!) and you won't have the added concern during the day of whether or not you've been towed.

In the end, is it really worth the hassle? I would say no.

WELL SAID. :)

Upvote 0

corey154

:ROFLOL:

I love reading the post on these type questions....so many people get all fired up...lol. My favorite post are when someone says something about pool hoping...ha ha ha!!

I pay for parking, sometimes I pay alot of money to stay at a resort so I don't have to drive home at night and can take the buses (i live an hour away) but if asked how do I feel if others do it..does it matter? not to me...it's disney's job to worry about it, on the flip side, I do see how people who are spending alot of money at disney get frustrated at those that try to get out of paying for parking.

Upvote 0

SOLISIMO

I do have to say Disney has gone over the top with pricing. Last time I was there I was going to ge a double stroller but the price was just insane and my children are old enough to walk, the stroller would be easier but....

The other thing was the food prices are over the top and they were literally handing out 20% coupons at the gate when you walk in. I mean seriously why raise the prices to the point where people just go without and you need to hand out coupons??? Before the price hikes I saw Disney strollers everywhere now people just bring their own which is a pain on the buses etc. For those of you who have been to DW in a while check out how few Disney strollers are in use now.

Im sorry but Ive never ever seen them hang out "coupons" at disney parks

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

I do have to say Disney has gone over the top with pricing. Last time I was there I was going to ge a double stroller but the price was just insane and my children are old enough to walk, the stroller would be easier but....

The other thing was the food prices are over the top and they were literally handing out 20% coupons at the gate when you walk in. I mean seriously why raise the prices to the point where people just go without and you need to hand out coupons??? Before the price hikes I saw Disney strollers everywhere now people just bring their own which is a pain on the buses etc. For those of you who have been to DW in a while check out how few Disney strollers are in use now.

The coupons weren't really used for discounting, they were a crowd control device. In order to use those coupons, you had to eat well outside of the busy dining times (before 1130 and after 230 I believe). They were giving people an incentive to eat at those times because the restaurants were far too crowded at the normal eating hours. This was also only done recently during the very crowded Spring Break time.

Upvote 0

SOLISIMO

The coupons weren't really used for discounting, they were a crowd control device. In order to use those coupons, you had to eat well outside of the busy dining times (before 1130 and after 230 I believe). They were giving people an incentive to eat at those times because the restaurants were far too crowded at the normal eating hours. This was also only done recently during the very crowded Spring Break time.

Thats what I thought, this isnt Walmart now

Upvote 0

fosse76

Food prices at Walt Disney World are a bargain compared to other parks in the industry. Even Disneyland is more expensive.

Upvote 0

luckyeye13

Yeah, like I said, I really can't remember if there was a direct bus at that time, but I think it is possible that they probably just changed within the last year or so. Since people that are going to try to scam them will do it anyway, I think running a bus only from the parks to DTD would make sense, just have a POP or another resort's bus in that area make the trip and then take the DTD people to the resort.

It's actually been much longer than that. The change happened some time in the early 2000s, since I remember having to change buses to get to Downtown Disney on my first College Program in 2003 and being surprised by it, as my family used a direct bus between the Transportation & Ticket Center and DTD (in both directions) back in 1999. For a while, the buses from Disney-MGM Studios to the Sports Complex would make a stop at Downtown Disney (though not in the other direction), but I believe that was gone when I came back down to work in 2004.

Upvote 0

luckyeye13

Wowza. (That's right - I pulled out an Inspector Gadget reference.) A little greedy Disney? :shrug:

I would say since about 4 years ago they cut off DTD busses to the parks both ways...every once in a while I'll see a nice driver take some individuals, but too many people were abusing the system.

WELL SAID. :)

Actually, I think that Disney's parking costs are quite reasonable, given the general upkeep and the trams. The water park that I work at charges $3 to park in an unpaved lot full of holes that is several minutes walk across the road from the park. (The company that owned the property and operated the ski operation until this May never even considered charging for that lot.) If you want to park closer, the charge is $20! (During the winter, it's actually $30!)

Upvote 0

luckyeye13

Food prices at Walt Disney World are a bargain compared to other parks in the industry. Even Disneyland is more expensive.

I feel the same way! Currently, I am a Food & Beverage supervisor at a water park here in NJ and, compared to the prices there, the ones at WDW are almost like the food is being given away for free. Also, while the quality of the food isn't bad at this park, it doesn't compare with the quality and variety of the food at WDW. (Yes, I know that some may lament the food at WDW, but I still consider it to be quite good.)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom