News Disney begins selling cloth face masks featuring Disney characters

Rider

I ordered on 4/30. Got a shipping notification two weeks ago but the tracking number didn't work. They showed up today.

I ordered a plain black mask from Amazon on Saturday and also got them today.

For the Disney masks: the face part is fine but the ear loops are too tight. I'm going to see how well they take to a stretching.

In the meantime I'm glad I have alternatives.

Hcalvert

I ordered on 4/30. Got a shipping notification two weeks ago but the tracking number didn't work. They showed up today.

I ordered a plain black mask from Amazon on Saturday and also got them today.

For the Disney masks: the face part is fine but the ear loops are too tight. I'm going to see how well they take to a stretching.

In the meantime I'm glad I have alternatives.
It was the same for me regarding the tracking.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Someone just said earlier today they got a refund.

I am fairly sure when they first went on sale that there was a "no refunds" caveat when ordering. Maybe they had to change that policy due to "overwhelming guest demand". ;)

And I just saw they changed the sizing chart to have adult XL, which I'm again fairly sure is the same measurements as the adult Large originally offered.

Chip Chipperson

I am fairly sure when they first went on sale that there was a "no refunds" caveat when ordering. Maybe they had to change that policy due to "overwhelming guest demand". ;)

And I just saw they changed the sizing chart to have adult XL, which I'm again fairly sure is the same measurements as the adult Large originally offered.

Human heads are clearly shrinking during the pandemic, so the size labeling needs to change to keep up with the times. ;)

RememberWhen

Does anyone have a screenshot of the old sizes and the new sizes? I was considering ordering more, but wanted to order the “same” size.

Hcalvert

Does anyone have a screenshot of the old sizes and the new sizes? I considering ordering more, but wanted to order the “same” size.

OLD
NEW
1594139161675.png
1594139140108.png

Hcalvert

I contacted ShopDisney customer service via email and no response, so I opened a Paypal claim for "item not as described." The quality control is appalling, but to be honest whenever I have bought clothes from ShopDisney they have not been of lasting quality.

Rider

For the record the ones I received all appear to be of good quality, cut, and are all the same shape/size.

My only complaint is the ear loops are small for my big head but that's more my problem and as I mentioned stretching them worked well.

Last edited:

Gillyanne

I ordered 6 sets (one of each) on 20 May. If I recall my "estimated available by" dates were 15 July, 29 July, 05 Aug but I forget how they were split up (other than that the star wars ones were the latest). Seems my card was charged on Friday for 3 of the sets. Guess I'll now be on the look out for a shipping confirmation, and the suspense of which are on their way.

Chip Chipperson

Still waiting on our order. The charge is once again pending on our card but we haven't received a shipping notification. I decided to place an order for some masks through Fanatics.com as well. I ordered them July 7 and received them in 5 days with Standard shipping (although the FedEx tracking still shows them sitting on a truck in Trenton for the past 3 days). They even had a link to masks that are currently in stock so you can choose between something that will ship quickly or something that should be back in stock by a specific date. They can somehow manage to handle pre-orders on masks for the NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, MLS, and NCAA and deliver them on time and have more stock available to order immediately, but somehow Disney can't ship theirs out on time (or get them made correctly based on the reviews so far).

Hcalvert

Still waiting on our order. The charge is once again pending on our card but we haven't received a shipping notification. I decided to place an order for some masks through Fanatics.com as well. I ordered them July 7 and received them in 5 days with Standard shipping (although the FedEx tracking still shows them sitting on a truck in Trenton for the past 3 days). They even had a link to masks that are currently in stock so you can choose between something that will ship quickly or something that should be back in stock by a specific date. They can somehow manage to handle pre-orders on masks for the NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, MLS, and NCAA and deliver them on time and have more stock available to order immediately, but somehow Disney can't ship theirs out on time (or get them made correctly based on the reviews so far).
They're too busy selling them at the parks and at Disney Springs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom