Disney and Universal working on Marvel deal for Florida?

So at this point, Kidzone has been slated to be replaced by:
Shrek
Spongebob
Star Trek
Fast & Furious

Nintendo does seem like the best fit, though I haven't seen anything to really confirm that's what's happening. It does seem like the most logical thing to do though, aside from re-doing Toon Lagoon.

Cmdr_Crimson

Nintendo does seem like the best fit, though I haven't seen anything to really confirm that's what's happening. It does seem like the most logical thing to do though, aside from re-doing Toon Lagoon.

A few sites have stated that by the end of this year Marvel Superhero Island would start a change..TheHulk would be rethemed and Dr Doom's Fear fall would be taken out...If this rumor is true The Islands would be a good fit..http://www.screamscape.com/html/islands_of_adventure.htm

GLaDOS

^ Eh, while I'd love to see Marvel Island re-themed to Nintendo, the chances of that happening are slim at best. Universal's holding of Marvel is very important to them on many levels.
- It's lucrative as heck right now during the Marvel movie craze
- It prevents Disney from using the most popular pieces of the Marvel franchise at WDW in most fashions
- Even if neither of the first two were valid, I have a feeling that Universal would keep Marvel there on principal just to rub it in. Sort of like an Oswald the Rabbit type deal just to be a thorn in their side.

71jason

^ Eh, while I'd love to see Marvel Island re-themed to Nintendo, the chances of that happening are slim at best. Universal's holding of Marvel is very important to them on many levels.
- It's lucrative as heck right now during the Marvel movie craze
- It prevents Disney from using the most popular pieces of the Marvel franchise at WDW in most fashions
- Even if neither of the first two were valid, I have a feeling that Universal would keep Marvel there on principal just to rub it in. Sort of like an Oswald the Rabbit type deal just to be a thorn in their side.

You forgot one:

- Barney is outdated--show cancelled years ago. Woody and Fievel are so outdated that even kids' parents today are too young to remember them. Much bigger priority to replace them than characters appearing in the #1 movie so far this year.

[My boy Curious George is just caught in the crossfire.]

PhotoDave219

You forgot one:

- Barney is outdated--show cancelled years ago. Woody and Fievel are so outdated that even kids' parents today are too young to remember them. Much bigger priority to replace them than characters appearing in the #1 movie so far this year.

[My boy Curious George is just caught in the crossfire.]

Better Pour one out for the Monkey.

FigmentJedi

So at this point, Kidzone has been slated to be replaced by:
Shrek
Spongebob
Star Trek
Fast & Furious

I heard reports of Smurfs as a possibly Kidzone thing too.

^ Well to be fair, there really are discussions between Disney and Universal over Marvel Superhero Island, but they don't have anything to do with removing stuff (gotta bring Fox in when discussing "removals").

ProfSavage

Looks like it'll be getting hard for me to ignore Universal in my next trip to Orlando (whenever that will actually be). They already had Marvel, and first they add Potter, then Nintendo? Jeez! If they add something from A Song of Ice and Fire, all my favorite nerd franchises will be in one park....

tl77

What's really funny is all the self appointed internet experts on the comic book web sites are yelling that 20th Century Fox wouldn't allow Disney the rights to the word "mutant" in the new Avengers movie... but Fox and Disney certainly don't seem to have any trouble getting together around the word "avatar"

lazyboy97o

What's really funny is all the self appointed internet experts on the comic book web sites are yelling that 20th Century Fox wouldn't allow Disney the rights to the word "mutant" in the new Avengers movie... but Fox and Disney certainly don't seem to have any trouble getting together around the word "avatar"
Fox doesn't own Avatar... Producing, financing and distribution are not ownership.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom