Disney and Universal working on Marvel deal for Florida?

JimboJones123

Easter eggs are great when used correctly. Often though, I see very forced foreshadowing in movies nowadays and its almost disrespectful to the viewers intelligence. Its not an easter egg if its right in your face and spelled out so you understand what it is.

Hidden Mickeys have gone in the same direction. It was fun because they werent supposed to be there and were kinda against the rules. Now, they intentionally add them in and even point them out.
The one in the desk drawer on Once Upon A Time recently made me want to gag. It was literally the silver Mickey ears that go on the back of cars sitting in a drawer.

Enough of the creativity impotent Easter eggs.

No more 1138. No more Abe Froman. No more Great Scott. No more Buzz Lightyear toys.

Jamie2016

Marvel to Wicked seems odd.
Marvel Island was originally designed to be DC themed and based on Gotham City from Batman 1989. One can only hope that if marvel pulled out that DC could come in. Had Comcast been allowed to buy Time Warner that could have worked out well. However, I worked on a marvel themed ride at IOA when I first moved to Florida and I mentioned a possible Marvel pullout to one of my higher ups. They said it won't happen as they have recently signed another contract with Marvel to keep the attractions there.

Jamie2016

I think a smart deal for both parties would let Universal hold onto Spidey until they can retheme it something just as exciting and let Disney have the Avengers and those connected in the MCU (apart from Spidey)
There's also the sticker wicket that Sony owns the movie rights to Spiderman and Fox owns the rights to the X-men.

lazyboy97o

Marvel Island was originally designed to be DC themed and based on Gotham City from Batman 1989. One can only hope that if marvel pulled out that DC could come in. Had Comcast been allowed to buy Time Warner that could have worked out well. However, I worked on a marvel themed ride at IOA when I first moved to Florida and I mentioned a possible Marvel pullout to one of my higher ups. They said it won't happen as they have recently signed another contract with Marvel to keep the attractions there.
Comcast was trying to buy Time Warner Cable, not Time Warner. They are two seepage companies.

You'd be wise to read the contract before making comments on it. Universal did not recently sign a renewal as there are no renewals. The deal lasts forever.

Jamie2016

Comcast was trying to buy Time Warner Cable, not Time Warner. They are two seepage companies.

You'd be wise to read the contract before making comments on it. Universal did not recently sign a renewal as there are no renewals. The deal lasts forever.
Ummm..... Try ready what I wrote before becoming all huffy about it. I was repeating what someone told me. I am not saying I am privy to any information other than what someone told me. And personally, if I really cared enough I could easily find out, as I do have access to people high up in both WDC and Universal, but I don't personally don't care. Again, I was just repeating something I was told. Sorry if it offended you. Well, not really but I was trying to be nice instead of snarky, like you.

lazyboy97o

Ummm..... Try ready what I wrote before becoming all huffy about it. I was repeating what someone told me. I am not saying I am privy to any information other than what someone told me. And personally, if I really cared enough I could easily find out, as I do have access to people high up in both WDC and Universal, but I don't personally don't care. Again, I was just repeating something I was told. Sorry if it offended you. Well, not really but I was trying to be nice instead of snarky, like you.
What you repeated has already been shown to be completely untrue. It doesn't matter how many people you have access to who can lie to you since the contract is a matter of public record.

Jamie2016

What you repeated has already been shown to be completely untrue. It doesn't matter how many people you have access to who can lie to you since the contract is a matter of public record.
Really dude... Is it really that important to you that you have to argue with a stranger over this? I'm a stockholder of Disney, Time Warner, and Comcast stocks and if Disney Corp or Comcast were to allow Spiderman to climb to the top of the Trade Center in NYC and take a leak all I care is if it will make me a buck. As far as you go... Peace out. Lighten up and have a nice life.
As for me, I gave much better things to do with my life than to worry about what theme parks are doing with their characters and what is written in their contracts. Why is this so important to you anyway......

lazyboy97o

Really dude... Is it really that important to you that you have to argue with a stranger over this? I'm a stockholder of Disney, Time Warner, and Comcast stocks and if Disney Corp or Comcast were to allow Spiderman to climb to the top of the Trade Center in NYC and take a leak all I care is if it will make me a buck. As far as you go... Peace out. Lighten up and have a nice life.
As for me, I gave much better things to do with my life than to worry about what theme parks are doing with their characters and what is written in their contracts. Why is this so important to you anyway......
This thread is mostly nonsense because of people constantly repeating wrong information. You say this is so unimportant to you, but keep upping your bragging.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Like, really dude, there's this thing, k, it's called copyright.

I know it's all complicated and stuff to understand, but it's involved with this other thing, k man, called IP rights and usage rights...which involve these long things, I think they are called contracts, but I don't care, I'll just hit the beer bong again, right dude?

Peace out.

PhotoDave219

Like, really dude, there's this thing, k, it's called copyright.

I know it's all complicated and stuff to understand, but it's involved with this other thing, k man, called IP rights and usage rights...which involve these long things, I think they are called contracts, but I don't care, I'll just hit the beer bong again, right dude?

Peace out.

Its fun when the trolls argue with each other. Just enjoy it:D

Jamie2016

Too funny... Don't you guys have to get home and... You know, wait for three goats to walk over your bridge so you can try to steal their bags of wool? Nite and bye!

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Too funny... Don't you guys have to get home and... You know, wait for three goats to walk over your bridge so you can try to steal their bags of wool? Nite and bye!
No Dude. There's a collective wisdom on the net, if you are smart enough to realize you aren't as smart as you claim to be. Who do you think writes all those wiki articles you rely upon?

No one in the world sniffs BS faster than an internet community well versed...and you, dude, are full of it.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
You mean like that guy in Germany who made a cake out of the trade center?
Was that Spiderman? Why isn't Spiderman part of Avengers again? I mean, it would make money, right?

(he's not wrong, it would make a ton of money, but the issue is...IP and rights negotiations)

He could care less, and yeah, that's valid, I suppose. But, understanding WHY is a different discussion from asking WHY...which is different than not caring, which is what Hollywood did with comic film flop after flop before they realized...they probably should grant the comic industry a bit more respect.

Now they are all rushing to jump on the boat that was built 20+ years ago and solidified with Marvel finally putting their foot down (even before Disney) doing great movies, not just "Comic Book" ones.

PhotoDave219

Was that Spiderman? Why isn't Spiderman part of Avengers again? I mean, it would make money, right?

(he's not wrong, it would make a ton of money, but the issue is...IP and rights negotiations)

He could care less, and yeah, that's valid, I suppose. But, understanding WHY is a different discussion from asking WHY...which is different than not caring, which is what Hollywood did with comic film flop after flop before they realized...they probably should grant the comic industry a bit more respect.

Now they are all rushing to jump on the boat that was built 20+ years ago and solidified with Marvel finally putting their foot down (even before Disney) doing great movies, not just "Comic Book" ones.

Our conversation is all over the place tonight.....

Suffice to say, theyre going to oversaturate the market. Much like the Pirates franchises and the Zombie franchises before it, the comic book properties will eventually wear thin. Lets use Spider-Man as an example. We've had two different Spidey franchises in 12 years. (2002, 2004, 2007, 2012, 2014). I honestly DONT CARE about him and would like to see him go away for about 20 years. They screwed it up twice and I'm gonna need a break. Now lets use the Nolan-verse of Batman. (2005, 2008, 2012) Arguably the best Batman in god-knows how long. Its not even four years and they're going to reboot it again?

Its too much. Its way too much. And I dont see it lasting in cinema with Film after Film. Hollywood is great at milking things dry and running them into the ground. Its what Disney does best.

I thought Avengers 2 was a much better written movie than the first. But for the love of god, how do we have an Ant-Man film instead of a Black Widow film?

I just cant see Ant Man working at all.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom