• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Disney and Jon Favreau Joining Forces on “The Lion King”

Princess Leia

That's how I feel about Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory. I'll never watch the Depp version. I don't want it to even taint my perception of the original!
Chocolate Factory is an interesting one, since I don’t believe either adaption has really gotten as weird as the books. They both had their moments, but I also think that they’re vastly different movies.

I know we’re in the age of remakes, but I want to say that 9 times out of 10, the remake doesn’t hold up to the original. There is a very good reason as to why we aren’t getting remakes for Casablanca or The Godfather- they’re perfect as it is. Beauty & the Beast and The Lion King are definitely the animated equivalent of what it means to be classic, and yet Disney chose to remake them. For every ‘Ocean’s 11’ there’s a ‘Pink Panther’- make the remake worth seeing, not a regret 10 minutes in.

(Off topic- as excited as I am for A Star Is Born, it would have been interesting if they mixed it up a bit; instead, I am 100% sure I know what’s going to happen to Bradley Cooper).

Advertisement
Chocolate Factory is an interesting one, since I don’t believe either adaption has really gotten as weird as the books. They both had their moments, but I also think that they’re vastly different movies.

I know we’re in the age of remakes, but I want to say that 9 times out of 10, the remake doesn’t hold up to the original. There is a very good reason as to why we aren’t getting remakes for Casablanca or The Godfather- they’re perfect as it is. Beauty & the Beast and The Lion King are definitely the animated equivalent of what it means to be classic, and yet Disney chose to remake them. For every ‘Ocean’s 11’ there’s a ‘Pink Panther’- make the remake worth seeing, not a regret 10 minutes in.

(Off topic- as excited as I am for A Star Is Born, it would have been interesting if they mixed it up a bit; instead, I am 100% sure I know what’s going to happen to Bradley Cooper).
Ha!

While I love the song “Evergreen,” we watched the Barbra Streisand version recently and it was really boring.

I have very much gotten into the Judy Garland version thanks to TCM. The whole “I Was Born In A Trunk” megamedley is awesome, and there are some great emotional scenes.

I’ve even seen the original, non-musical version on TCM. Worth watching once.

I think the Gaga version will depend a lot on the soundtrack.

Top Bottom