• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Disney and Jon Favreau Joining Forces on “The Lion King”

Mike S

Advertisement
No head bobbing on the log. 0/10 ;)

Magenta Panther

That's...Scar?

You know, there are such things as black-maned lions, so why...? Lame voice too.

So we're getting what looks like a word-for-word remake with photorealistic lions that are impressive but don't have the expressive force of the gorgeous animation in the first version. This looks like a nature documentary with talking animals. I'm surprised Disney didn't hire Richard Attenborough to narrate. Pass.

raven24

That's...Scar?

You know, there are such things as black-maned lions, so why...? Lame voice too.

So we're getting what looks like a word-for-word remake with photorealistic lions that are impressive but don't have the expressive force of the gorgeous animation in the first version. This looks like a nature documentary with talking animals. I'm surprised Disney didn't hire Richard Attenborough to narrate. Pass.
“Word-for-word?” There were a few things in the trailer that were never said in the original. Sounds like you need to re-watch both the original and the trailer.

Magenta Panther

“Word-for-word?” There were a few things in the trailer that were never said in the original. Sounds like you need to re-watch both the original and the trailer.
So you're hyped about this? Okay.

Yeah, they threw in some extra dialogue, I'll grant you that. Kinda like they threw in all that extra stuff nobody wanted in the live Beauty and the Beast. And this will likely succeed, I'm not denying it. But I'll still pass. Hope you enjoy it.

RandySavage

The music/score...still brilliant.
The re-orchestration on the trailer is very good. It incorporated a melody written for the Broadway show at 0:34, begging the question: will any of the songs/scenes created for the stage version be included?

Last edited:

raven24

I love Jeremy Irons greatly, however I appreciate the casting of a black actor for this new film. I enjoy Chiwetel’s voice for the character. The casting as a whole has come a long way since 1994.

The remakes aren’t going to stop, unfortunately. Disney can’t make a good original live-action to save their lives and they know this. The remakes are guaranteed to make money.

It’s sad, but it is what it is at this point.

MisterPenguin

Rumormonger
Premium Member
Meh!!! Enough with these remakes!
Meh to the meh on the MEHS! To all of this. When will Disney find itself out of this sickening remake trend?
So, you've announced on two separate threads that you're sitting out on those two movies. Fine.

But doing twice in a row for the same movie is annoying. We get it. You're sitting it out. Thanks for info. Don't barrage us with it.

Mike S

I like the new Scar overall but the way he says “run away, and never return” is leagues behind Irons. It’s like he’s trying too hard whereas Irons seemed to just casually nail the menace of the line. Remember, Scar isn’t trying to let on that he’s the actual bad guy here when speaking to Simba.

Top Bottom