Disney and Jon Favreau Joining Forces on “The Lion King”

mf1972

nothing against the new cast, but it would’ve been nice if they brought back other original cast members as well besides james earl jones.

Californian Elitist

nothing against the new cast, but it would’ve been nice if they brought back other original cast members as well besides james earl jones.

I love the original voices. In saying that, I appreciate the majority Black cast for this movie which takes place in Africa, not Europe.

James Earl Jones’ voice is arguably the most well-known and iconic voice recognized and known from the original. Couple that with him also being Black, and that creates an easy and sensible decision for him to be rehired for the role.

PiXie Mom

All this is doing is changing the medium, it's still animated, and from the looks of this trailer its still the same movie.
Oh there are some very big changes in the remake. I won't go into story based to avoid any spoilers for people, but for characters, there will be many noticeable changes from the animated movie. I like what they are doing with this, as it seems they will be correcting many of the politically incorrect issues with the animated version. For example Scar will not be a lion with darker fur and mane. It has been leaked that he will be a rare specimen of pale or white lion, making a reference at him representing the "white devil" ;) Also the hyena Ed, who in the original made a mockery of mental disabilities, has been renamed and been given a much more PC behavior in the remake. Also a certain song from the original may have been changed or completely removed, as it leans too closely to a theme surrounding Nazi Germany. Nala, Simba's mother, and the lionesses will be MUCH more empowered as females, and not just the hunters to do the male lion's bidding. You can research this information for yourself, the sources have a reputation of hitting the nail on the head, but it is still too soon to take ANY OF IT as absolute fact. Though if the rumors are true, Disney has taken some positive steps in correcting potentially offensive errors made before. I am happy they are going this direction.

erasure fan1

Oh there are some very big changes in the remake. I won't go into story based to avoid any spoilers for people, but for characters, there will be many noticeable changes from the animated movie. I like what they are doing with this, as it seems they will be correcting many of the politically incorrect issues with the animated version. For example Scar will not be a lion with darker fur and mane. It has been leaked that he will be a rare specimen of pale or white lion, making a reference at him representing the "white devil" ;) Also the hyena Ed, who in the original made a mockery of mental disabilities, has been renamed and been given a much more PC behavior in the remake. Also a certain song from the original may have been changed or completely removed, as it leans too closely to a theme surrounding Nazi Germany. Nala, Simba's mother, and the lionesses will be MUCH more empowered as females, and not just the hunters to do the male lion's bidding. You can research this information for yourself, the sources have a reputation of hitting the nail on the head, but it is still too soon to take ANY OF IT as absolute fact. Though if the rumors are true, Disney has taken some positive steps in correcting potentially offensive errors made before. I am happy they are going this direction.
Unfortunately the PC police strike again if this is true. I don't pay a lot of attention to the sjw crowd, but none of this stands out that it was a problem, and you usually hear about that when it's disney. Maybe they changed Pumba as that could be scene as fat shaming. Either way I still feel Disney is incredibly lowering their standards with all of theses remakes.

champdisney

Though if the rumors are true, Disney has taken some positive steps in correcting potentially offensive errors made before. I am happy they are going this direction.
Offensive in what way and to whom? Who the hell identifies themselves as a lion, hyena, warthog or meerkat? On second thought... there’s enough lunatics out there that would blatantly lie and claim they are as a free pass to rant online.

Also, who’s ready for people to compare Scar to Kimba the lion? Sporting a scar as pink as Majin Buu’s buttocks! Okay okay. Stupid comment I know...

... still not as stupid as Scar representing the white devil. Ouch! Eso no es bueno.

MrMcDuck

I was already leaning toward pass on this one because it's yet another Disney remake, but it's a hard pass if they've really made the changes mentioned above. I have no patience for nonsense such as changing Scar into "the white devil" or removing Nazi references from the Be Prepared scene. It's just mindless PC editing at that point.

Last edited:

Californian Elitist

The odds are zero but I hope "Shadowland" and "Endless Night" make an appearance. I feel like its a waste having Beyonce in the film and not have her sing that song. But what do I know?

I have a feeling they’ll make the film. But I wouldn’t be surprised if they didn’t.

The soundtrack is the only aspect of the film I have faith in, as of right now.

BalooChicago

When I was little it was a big deal when Disney would rerelease a movie to theaters. The advent of VHS killed that. If they rereleased the animated Beauty and the Beast, Jungle Book, or Lion King to theaters today they would have limited sales. I view these “Live Action” remakes as a way of reintroducing these movies to kids the way they used to be able to with a rerelease.

erasure fan1

Offensive in what way and to whom? Who the hell identifies themselves as a lion, hyena, warthog or meerkat?
That whole post was a huge stretch at best. Last I checked, female lions do the vast majority of the hunting and scouting while the males lay around. So why change this? Only to satisfy some agenda.
I can't wait until the 2030s, when Disney will start remaking all their successful movies as claymation films.
I hate to say it, but I might prefer some of the Disney movies in claymation. LoL

Disneyfanman

I keep saying that I am tired of these remakes......and then I go and see them anyway and I have liked most of them. In particular I liked the live action Cinderella and the Jungle Book. So bring on the Lion King. If I am nervous about any of these it's Aladdin. That movie was really about Robin William's performance. How do you update that?

PiXie Mom

Sounds like a typical SJW. Why are people like you always out to ruin great movies without your fake nonsense? Repulsive and sickening, that's exactly the perfect way to describe you and everyone like you.
Are you being serious? You do realize I am sharing information that other people have leaked, and am in no way affiliated with this movie project. You are basically shooting the messenger's messenger.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom