News Disney and Fox come to terms -- announcement soon; huge IP acquisition

TwilightZone

We already are getting Marvel stuff in the Orlando parks or did you miss the announcement of a Guardians Of the Galaxy e-ticket being built at Epcot Center as we speak? The conversation is moot at this point it’s not like the spider man ride would get moved to the Disney parks if they all of a sudden got the rights back anyway.
universal owns the rights to all marvel things EXCEPT guardians of the galaxy
and maybe ant man and howard the duck

Captain Neo

You have to look past Star Wars.
Way too many pros and cons to post here,but hold on there.

This acquisition has to go before the SEC to make sure it doesn't create a
public-sucking megalith.
A T & T was told they can't buy Time-Warner without getting rid of Comcast/Universal.
That's going to court.
Maybe Mary Barra can put in a good word to help this along!

No negativity, just some information.
Personally, I more cons than pros.

The AT&T deal got blocked because President Trump is having a feud with CNN over their negative coverage of him. President Trump personally congratulated Murdoch and Iger on the deal today so it’s a completely different story. I am not making this up by the way.

TwilightZone

here's a list that disney can't use for sure in florida:
the avengers
spiderman
the fantastic four
everyone else is potentially free for disney to use in florida

BenjiLives

Going to be honest, this makes me deeply uncomfortable and extremely angry. No company should be this big, it's getting close to being a monoloply which quite frankly destroys creativity. I genuinely do not in any way think it's good for the world to have a couple corporations control everything we see or hear whether it's news or entertainment. I have my first trip in years coming up but I just don't know anymore. It just doesn't feel right to be giving thousands of dollars to this company that instead of focusing on bettering its wages to its workers, spends billions upon billions to control the universe. Not trying to be overly negative or make everybody angry, I know this a Disney oriented forum, but man this REALLY makes me upset.

Cameron1529

Going to be honest, this makes me deeply uncomfortable and extremely angry. No company should be this big, it's getting close to being a monoloply which quite frankly destroys creativity. I genuinely do not in any way think it's good for the world to have a couple corporations control everything we see or hear whether it's news or entertainment. I have my first trip in years coming up but I just don't know anymore. It just doesn't feel right to be giving thousands of dollars to this company that instead of focusing on bettering its wages to its workers, spends billions upon billions to control the universe. Not trying to be overly negative or make everybody angry, I know this a Disney oriented forum, but man this REALLY makes me upset.

I understand where you are coming from in relation to them becoming an extremely large money making entity, however I have said this many of times before they are a business and businesses will be businesses

It is far from a monopoly in the movie industry or quite frankly in a lot of industries. I don't necessarily think it is going to destroy creativity when there is still a number of well known, well funded movie companies, rather I think it will prompt it from not only Disney but other bodies.

TwilightZone

destory creativity?
disney helped fix problems with star wars and marvel
now they're more creative than ever.
If any thing this will help with the franchises fox needs help writing good plots for

bclane

Or... a Firefly revival with the surviving cast. They can figure out a way to work in Leaf On the Wind (name redacted because spoilers)
I would love that so much. Firefly is one of my favorite shows of all time. The writing was perfect. The cast was perfect. And Serenity...simply the best ship in the Verse!

2351metalcloud

Any of the animated Films could be used for potential ideas....(I don't think Horton tho as it is a Seuss character being a Universal property and not The Peanuts as they are used for Cedar Fair Parks)
the_theatrical_films_of_20th_century_fox_animation_by_espioartwork_102-d9ml9a4.jpg

Someone seemingly posted diagrams on Instagram at some point in time that showed Blue Sky movies getting a section for attractions at 20th Century Fox World in Mayalsia. They won't necessarily get built I guess, but they seem to have been planned at least.

www.themeparx.com/20th-century-fox-world-malaysia/

FutureCEO

Capitalism - everyone is a monopoly. Not really but close to it. If buying Fox goes through - only 5 big entertainment companies controlling, I don't know - 95% of the market). Companies you probably think are independent is probably own buy another huge company. Not to mention in most areas there is only one or two cable companies.

BenjiLives

destory creativity?
disney helped fix problems with star wars and marvel
now they're more creative than ever.
If any thing this will help with the franchises fox needs help writing good plots for

Try not to look at this through Marvel colored lenses, what about FX or the more indie projects Fox has through Foxseachlight? Is Disney going to try to touch those and prevent filmmakers from doing whatever they want in order to fit the Disney image or create corporate synergy? I know people enjoy star wars and marvel, but even still, Disney is not known for being huge risk-takers, they just aren't. I'm terrified they are going to censor to some extent or use cross promotion through Fox's many independent assets, which yes, destroys creativity. Not to mention the many many jobs that will probably be lost, while the Murdoch's who I genuinely believe are just a repulsive, greedy family, make billions more and will take huge roles in the Disney company.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom