News Disney and Fox come to terms -- announcement soon; huge IP acquisition

MerlinTheGoat

It's no secret that Trump dislikes Bob Iger. If this deal ends up going through though, it will again probably be determined by whatever Rupert Murdoch wants. I doubt Iger's opinion will be a factor here, or even Trump's beef with him.

Now granted there's a valid reason not to just assume Trump has the necessary reasoning to know better than to tick off the CEO of Fox News. But I would think even Trump possesses enough self awareness to avoid a move as obviously dangerous for him as that. If i'm wrong, then we could be in for a fun ride. It WOULD be quite hilarious if Fox News turned on him.

Lensman

I don't care what people's ideologies are as long as they love WDW and want the best for the parks. Especially if they have inside dope on upcoming attractions or good earnest ideas for speculation about what things need to improve. I even like the petty complaints as I think the details matter. lol

After all, I'm here to enjoy myself, not run a multi-billion dollar enterprise.

AnotherDayAnotherDollar

I have received my proxy vote for the Fox vote. Haven't received it yet for DIS

foxproxy.jpg

Robbiem

So the UK Goverment has green lit both Comcast and Fox to buy the remaining 61% of SKY but if Fox wants to buy it, then they have to sell off SKY News first, which I believe Disney has already made a bid for, in order to allow Murdoch to continue

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/jun/05/sky-takeover-murdoch-sky-news-uk-fox-comcast

Here in the UK the bbc has said that Disney buying sky would count as fox selling sky news so its going to be interesting to see how things pan out

Stripes

Premium Member

pdude81

If Disney makes it's own bid for that 61% it's bidding against Comcast as well as their own agreement to buy Fox assets. It would be more straightforward for Fox to increase their bid, but they have 2 weeks to work out a deal to spin it off... and all parties can see how the ATT/TW merger is decided before the real fun begins.

seascape

If Disney makes it's own bid for that 61% it's bidding against Comcast as well as their own agreement to buy Fox assets. It would be more straightforward for Fox to increase their bid, but they have 2 weeks to work out a deal to spin it off... and all parties can see how the ATT/TW merger is decided before the real fun begins.
This is a war between Iger and Robert's. Iger and Disney will win this for 2 simple reason. First Robert's blew it last Fall. He refused to include a break up fee. For that reason, Comcast would have to offer more than the extra 1.5 billion fee Fox would have to pay Disney if they back out. Second all Fox has to do to buy sky is match Comcast's offer for Sky and all Disney has to do is match Comcast's offer for Fox. Disney has all the cards and will win.

happycamperuni

Disney is certainly the favorite (I'd say a 2-1 favorite) over Comcast to acquire Fox's assets.

But the question is whether Comcast is willing to bid "crazy"...

The biggest difference between Comcast and Disney is that Roberts really has been given free reign to make all sorts of large attempted mergers (AT&T Broadband, Disney, NBCUniversal, TimeWarner Cable) because he controls 33% of the stock and the Comcast board has always backed him.

If Comcast makes a "crazy" bid of around $75-80 billion for the Fox assets and a bid of around $38-40 billion for Sky, would Disney match that or come close enough to that? With assumed debt, that kind of bid could be around $125 billion total (after subtracting out Fox's 39% of Sky).

Just feels like the big wildcard here is how big Comcast is willing to bid. If AT&T is able to purchase TW with minimal restrictions, Roberts may go all in for the Fox assets.

seascape

So got a email today about voting on the merger at a special stockholders meeting being held in NYC in July. Basically about what will happen with the stock.

LOL, I wonder if I can go and complain about the crowd sizes??
I will be at one of the meetings but not sure which one. I will vote for Fox to approve the merger with Disney no matter what Comcast offers. I like Disney stock. I will also vote for Disney to approve buying Fox.

Rodan75

HWR: Rupert Murdoch may be willing to go with Comcast bid for Fox assets.

Makes sense when you think about it as shareholders should look for the best ROI on their capital.

Greenfield is actively working with Comcast to encourage and support their bid, then also trying to act like an independent analyst...and playing journalist as well. And all of these news outlets went with the clickbait... Greenfield stole a news cycle to support his positions. Pretty dirty. No wonder Iger blocked him.

Quinnmac000

Greenfield is actively working with Comcast to encourage and support their bid, then also trying to act like an independent analyst...and playing journalist as well. And all of these news outlets went with the clickbait... Greenfield stole a news cycle to support his positions. Pretty dirty. No wonder Iger blocked him.

You mean the guy who has been spot on for all the media trends...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom