News Disney and Fox come to terms -- announcement soon; huge IP acquisition

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
If you like Theme Parks you’re truely missing out. As an aside if Comcast hadn’t acquired UOR there’s a good chance it would have been sold off to developers. As amazing as it may seem now.

ABC/espn has been largely crap for decades and lets not even get into the "stewardship" of Star Wars...

...should I ban myself from Epcot and ruin my happy place?

Bender123

If you like Theme Parks you’re truely missing out. As an aside if Comcast hadn’t acquired UOR there’s a good chance it would have been sold off to developers. As amazing as it may seem now.

I will never support Comcast in any form. My love for Theme Parks takes a backseat to my love of freedom of information, corporate stewardship and disgust for a company that shows no sorrow for hurting people for an extra dollar. Multiple "Worst Company in America" awards, fraudulently billing people for services and openly flaunting their monopoly on internet services in many areas by implementing data caps if you don't buy their cable services.

Universal is getting great, but I will always stand by my convictions before I stand in one of their lines.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I will never support Comcast in any form. My love for Theme Parks takes a backseat to my love of freedom of information, corporate stewardship and disgust for a company that shows no sorrow for hurting people for an extra dollar. Multiple "Worst Company in America" awards, fraudulently billing people for services and openly flaunting their monopoly on internet services in many areas by implementing data caps if you don't buy their cable services.

Universal is getting great, but I will always stand by my convictions before I stand in one of their lines.
Fair enough.

Bender123

Its not like the Murdochs were any better...with their actual lack of ethical behaviors

Well... I never went to Fox World either. Comcast is like the mirror of Fox. One is obnoxiously left leaning and the other is obnoxiously right leaning. The problem with Comcast is they also control internet services as a monopoly for many large metro areas and use that power to strong arm people into their TV services. They have openly throttled services like Netflix and Hulu.
They are the worst thing to happen to the US in...like...ever...

Thanks, Australia

Wait for Comcast. You can choose to avoid Fox media, but in many US Cities, you are forced to use Comcast, due to government supported monopolies on cable internet services.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Wait for Comcast. You can choose to avoid Fox media, but in many US Cities, you are forced to use Comcast, due to government supported monopolies on cable internet services.

The Murdochs lie for money to dictate public policy...and hurt the masaes. Hades has to respect that...

But as far as Comcast goes...I live 11 miles from HQ in a burb with several senior execs...

Preach, my friend 😎

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
If Comcast got Sky it would be the biggest pay TV provider in the world and would have too much power of distribution and with the ownership of all that programming could and based on Comcast US cable would use that power and over charge customers for the channels they own and lower what they would pay others for their channels.
Are you implying that they aren't already overcharging for content that has already been paid for by the commercial sponsors?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Are you implying that they aren't already overcharging for content that has already been paid for by the commercial sponsors?

Many products/subscriptions we already accept are HORRIBLY overcharged already...but we have a collective blind eye towards them:

1. All tv services
2. All cellphones
3. All internet providers
4. Apple products.

They've been overcharging since day one.

Bender123

Many products/subscriptions we already accept are HORRIBLY overcharged already...but we have a collective blind eye towards them:

1. All tv services
2. All cellphones
3. All internet providers
4. Apple products.

They've been overcharging since day one.

Well, yes, but try to quit at any of company and they will normally ask you why, offer a deal to keep you and then let you cancel. Comcast will just refuse to allow you to quit and hang up on you.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Well, yes, but try to quit at any of company and they will normally ask you why, offer a deal to keep you and then let you cancel. Comcast will just refuse to allow you to quit and hang up on you.

You're right...no question. Comcast used to do that...then they got too big and flex monopoly like policy.

I can think of someone else that does that...and because of the threat of Comcast doesn't do it even more...

Fair?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom