News Disney and Fox come to terms -- announcement soon; huge IP acquisition

Lora Baines Bradley

nah they care about what image makes the most money. currently it's the family friendly image. that can change at any moment.

The main audience for Disney has always been families. All the way back to the 1930s. The majority of the Disney fandom adores Disney because of one reason: their pure image. Granted, most of the fandom praises anything the company does, but I think having something a Deadpool M&G would cross a line for a lot of people, including myself.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Opinion based on false information isn't opinion. It's just wrong.

And you can put me on ignore. I'm not ignoring you and will call out your FakeNews everytime you post it.

What fake news?!?

It was an opinion of the direction they've taken...plain and simple.

And using "fake news" is low iq...and that is a fact. So ease off that one.

Progress.City

What’s Comcast/Universal’s licensing agreement with the Simpsons? When does it expire? Can Disney use it as leverage and hold it as ransom as trade to get the Marvel rights back?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The main audience for Disney has always been families. All the way back to the 1930s. The majority of the Disney fandom adores Disney because of one reason: their pure image. Granted, most of the fandom praises anything the company does, but I think having something a Deadpool M&G would cross a line for a lot of people, including myself.
That's not entirely true...a lot of the Eisner resurrection was due to them using touchstone and Hollywood pictures to develop more avenues in the 80's...

I mean...the golden girls isn't at all family and it was important in its day and time.

Big conglomerates have to diversify...part of the deal.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
What’s Comcast/Universal’s licensing agreement with the Simpsons? When does it expire? Can Disney use it as leverage and hold it as ransom as trade to get the Marvel rights back?

The question is what rights Over the simpsons does fox have? Is it merely a distribution point?

And the Simpsons are going on 30...enough will be enough sooner than later.

Lora Baines Bradley

That's not entirely true...a lot of the Eisner resurrection was due to them using touchstone and Hollywood pictures to develop more avenues in the 80's...

I mean...the golden girls isn't at all family and it was important in its day and time.

Big conglomerates have to diversify...part of the deal.

Yeah, they had Touchstone and Golden Girls, but was any of that in the parks, other than throwaway references in HS? Disney owns it, but there wasn't a Disney logo in front of Pearl Harbor.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You must be aware of some completely different films than what everyone else is watching. Marvel Studios has not only continued their high quality with their films, they've arguably been at their top of their game with recent releases.

Well...and it may continue...but forever? Will Thor and ironman always be there? We see franchises tire or flame out all the time...

There's a little indie film opening today that actually is a good indicator...it may make 2 billion for perhaps the most teflon franchise in movie history...but what a ROUGH road we've endured with it? Including nearly 15 years of darkness in the middle.

The Nolan batman series were the best 3 comic book movies ever made collectively...but things change and you end up with Ben affleck.

Who knew?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yeah, they had Touchstone and Golden Girls, but was any of that in the parks, other than throwaway references in HS? Disney owns it, but there wasn't a Disney logo in front of Pearl Harbor.

Oh you are talking parks?

Oh yeah I agree they won't ever deviate from "happy" there...
...i was saying adult focused material has to be there to keep the larger ship afloat.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I understand the apprehension around the MCU, I have it myself - What happens after Phase 3 and the RDJ's and Chris Evans' depart? The $64 billion question is - Can they continue to pull off box office hits with either B-level characters or replacement actors/actresses for the main characters thus far?

Due to the size and amount of content consolidation it represents, I hope this deal is gone over with a fine-toothed comb. Consolidation is not always a good thing. :cautious:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I understand the apprehension around the MCU, I have it myself - What happens after Phase 3 and the RDJ's and Chris Evans' depart? The $64 billion question is - Can they continue to pull off box office hits with either B-level characters or replacement actors/actresses for the main characters thus far?

Due to the size and amount of content consolidation it represents, I hope this deal is gone over with a fine-toothed comb. Consolidation is not always a good thing. :cautious:

...so the concern isn't only in my head?

Thanks for clarifying...mister penguin will now show you a chart so you Never breathe it again

(I get that one...now I'll move on)

Progress.City

How will Comcast respond? There’s a rumor that they are talking to Time-Warner Entertainment Group (the studio group).

Also, I noticed that they have been more aggressive lately in acquiring more Orlando properties. They bought a huge parcel from Lockheed-Martin a couple of weeks ago and today I saw they are moving in on the rest of the Stan Thomas properties that they currently do not own.

This is why I love American capitalism!!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
You didn't address the replacement of CORE talent...which we've seen in the batman and spiderman franchises be problematic...

Is that a #FAKErepsonse?

The questions was "either...". My response addressed one of the two cases. My response would have been lacking if the question was framed "can they both...".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom