They extended the deadline to the 19th last Wednesday.Might be worth noting that as of today Disney has yet to extend the deadline again for the exchange of offers and consent solicitations. There is still time to do so. But Its currently set to expire this Wednesday. They will mostly likely extend it again but fingers crossed they dont the exchange is meant to occur on around the closing of the acquisition. Is their a limit to how many times they can extend the date for exchange offers and consent solicitations?
$$$$$So if a few countries say Disney would have to sell a sports channel to get approval I gather thats just tto do with the local markets right? What's stopping Disney or fox closing down a channel in that country and then at a later date getting those sporting rights for the remaining channels?
April 19th? Conrad says April 11th for the demo.Iger Initial Statements from the Earnings Call:
No Mention of when the closing will occur! (The call is still going on, if anything else is stated, I'll come back with an update)
- The company beat Earnings Estimate by 30 cents a share.
- 37 Oscar Nominations between Disney and 21CF
- Direct To consumer is our main Focus.
- Continued ESPN+. Had 600,000 new ESPN+ Subscribers with First “Fight Night” Broadcast
- ESPN+ Now has 2,000,000 Subscribers (up 1,000,000 in the last quarter)
- Lots of New content under construction for Disney+
- Demonstrate Disney+ on Investor Day on April 19th. Preview of New Content
- Ready to Combine the two companies once final regulatory approval is received.
He made no mention on the earnings call.... He may have in an interview, but he (as of yet) hasn't named any countries.
Let me guess. The "few remaining markets" are Brazil, Mexico and Chile. Mark Hughes said on Facebook that approval from Mexico's IFT is inevitable. So it makes me wonder if Disney will indeed complete their deal with Fox this month or next month. We'll wait until we hear Mexico has fully approved the deal in a few weeks.