News Disney and Fox come to terms -- announcement soon; huge IP acquisition

rocketraccoon

I wonder post-acquisition because Fox has made a few NC-17 movies, most notably 2011 Fox Searchlight movie 'Shame' what will happen to them because I heard that Disney has a strict no NC-17 movie policy they enforce, and they also had that policy when they both had Touchstone and Miramax.
I don't imagine them changing the films or taking them out of distribution or anything. You probably won't see any new NC-17 films put out by Fox Searchlight though, although they're few and far between. I think they've only ever had two NC-17 films anyhow, Shame and The Dreamers

FigmentJedi

Universal also has the Godzilla theme park rights if USJ's temporary 4D Shin Godzilla attractions (they're getting a new Godzilla vs Evangelion one next year) for their "Universal Cool Japan" seasonal festivals are any indication.
2e2611d3173a2027bf2c89be7494c2371540403174_full.png

I don't imagine them changing the films or taking them out of distribution or anything. You probably won't see any new NC-17 films put out by Fox Searchlight though, although they're few and far between. I think they've only ever had two NC-17 films anyhow, Shame and The Dreamers
What I meant is what will happen to the few NC-17 movies released before the merger is complete?

sedati

Universal also has the Godzilla theme park rights if USJ's temporary 4D Shin Godzilla attractions (they're getting a new Godzilla vs Evangelion one next year) for their "Universal Cool Japan" seasonal festivals are any indication.
2e2611d3173a2027bf2c89be7494c2371540403174_full.png
WHAT!!!:eek:
Makes sense as they're by the same director. (Where's 4.0 anyway? I mean 3.0+1.0.)

I known all the major hurdles have been cleared, but I feel like there will be another newsworthy story on a place approving the Disney Fox deal, if they put remedies on it like for example Brazil.

There is rumor of an objection from someone in Brazil. If they do object the process will drag out for 90 days from Dec 5th. If no objection then it is possible to close in Dec or Early Jan( depends on when Disney sets legal day one)
Even if there is an objection, I hope that instead of 90 days they can resolve it quickly.

brodie999

I would agree, but the way I understand it, the Brazilian Authorities take comments for the 90 days and then make a decision. Best hope is no objection, or the Approval authorities decide to move forward in spite of the objection
Me too. The way the deal is speeding up in Brazil, I think they will approve it in spite of the objection, allowing Disney to finalise its purchase of 21st Century Fox.

China, EU, and US approval all got extensive media coverage, but India's approval back in August didn't really get coverage as the other three did Despite India having the second largest population behind China, and having a population bigger than both EU and US combined, why so?

brodie999

China, EU, and US approval all got extensive media coverage, but India's approval back in August didn't really get coverage as the other three did Despite India having the second largest population behind China, and having a population bigger than both EU and US combined, why so?
Agreed. The US, China and EU were the most important hurdles the deal had to overcome. That's why they took so long to give it their seal of approval. I'm pretty sure Brazil won't take long to approve the deal just how India approved it in just a few weeks.

Twilight_Roxas

Well US & Eur were important. China had the biggest media coverage because of the trade war, and everyone thought China would reject the deal to retaliate against Trump's trade war.

brodie999

Well US & Eur were important. China had the biggest media coverage because of the trade war, and everyone thought China would reject the deal to retaliate against Trump's trade war.
But they didn't. And here we are now. The deal is still moving forward with China's approval. Bob Iger said politics weren't involved in the deal, so they feel even more confident in completing the deal in the next few weeks.

Quinnmac000

India may have the second largest population but they aren’t as important a film market as other countries. It’s in the top 10 but local films/entertainment always beat out Foreign fare

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom